“Great Location”

Ranked #35 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Dallas, United States
“Great Location”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great location and close to a lot of eating establishments and shopping. Close enough to down town, but far enough away to not have to worry about the traffic. But then no traffic is worse than Dallas rush hour traffic.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Roland, OK
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had read reviews that painted this hotel as average, less than "Hampton" quality. I found those to be comopletely wrong! Our room was very clean! The bed was wonderful and the shower was fantastic! Those qualities alone make the hotel above average. The pool and hot tub area was well maintained and spacious. We arrived late but they let the kids go ahead and use the pool. The kids loved it! We booked for 2 adults and 1 child. Along the way, we ended up with 2 more kids (circumstances). I told the desk clerk about the additional kids and told him we had sleeping bags for them. The next day the room service attendant brought us a roll-away for the boys! We didn't even ask! The breakfast was good. I'm diabetic so I can't enjoy the waffles and cupcakes and stuff, but the family sure did! Our first morning I had to have boiled eggs with my sausage, which is okay, but nothing to get excited about. The next morning they had omelets. Yum. The hostess in the breakfast area was attentive and friendly. We were more than pleased with this Hampton and recommend it for any type of traveler. There is also an Ihop, a mexican drive thru restaurant, and an Applebees in the parking lot. Across the interstate is a big mall and tons of restaurants.

Edmond, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great pool and hot tub! Nice sized rooms with lots of extras. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! Great breakfast with food to please any appetite. Workout facility looked nice as well, but didn't have time to take advantage.

Inman, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We have stayed at this particular hotel 3 times in the last year and have ALWAYS had quality services, amenities, and of course our favorite, breakfast! The staff always made sure we had what we needed, extra pool towels, bedding (sofa bed for kids) and cookies in the evening.

Rochelle
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel staff was pleasant. This property does have small elevator and is clearly an "older" property. It is conventant to the major roads, but it is on a one way busy street. My room on the third floor was very noisey all night, it sounded like a compressor working and then knocking in over head pipes. Room 321 must be near the water heater? I would stay here again but in an location in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank traingal54
Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Old styling, furnishing, heating/cooling system and feel. No ethernet wall plug-in. No lobby. VERY unprofessional staff (except for Riann). Smoking in rooms. Reservations not handled properly BOTH times I stayed. Did I say unprofessional staff yet? Heater stinks when turned on. Elevator too small for 2 people and luggage comfortably. Narrow hallways too small for luggage and housecleaning carts. Also, unprofessional and lazy staff. They were talking in front of me while I was trying to wait on them so I could get my breakfast. They never greeted me or apologized when they realized I was just waiting on them to finish chatting. Will NOT be back ever. And I'm a Hilton Honors member. Almost a Gold member. I only stay at Hampton Inns. Disappointed thoroughly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Oklahoma City, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Paul W,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for being a Hilton Honors Reward member. Please allow me to apologize for the less than professional service you received as a guest of our hotel. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention, and I will be addressing them with my entire staff right away. It is my hope that you might offer us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to the area.

Riann R.
Assistant General Manager
Cary
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have stayed three times at this hotel and each time it was great! Always clean and well maintained. Pool area clean, not crowded, towels ready for your use. Staff very friendly and will help with anything you need. Breakfast is the usual fare for Hampton Inn. Breakfast area very clean and well taken care of. Attendant came around to ask if you wanted anything and took our empty plates. Room was clean and fresh. I would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family