“Fleas in our room! Yuck!”

Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
Ranked #57 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The hotel seemed very nice and clean. Staff was very courteous. However, our second night there we discovered we had a horrible flea problem in our room. We do not have pets and were sure we hadn't brought them inn! They switched rooms for us and gave us a discount, but my husband had horrible flea bites all over his body! It was room 214!!! Beware!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
RIBMGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2010

I thank the guest for her honest review of her stay. Once contacted regarding her experience, we tried to accommodate and make up for where we fell short of her expectations. We had the pest elimination campany come out and treat the room. Unfortunately, this is one of the drawbacks of being a pet friendly hotel, and some of the guests that do not coopertate with the hotels in trying to ensure the comfort of future guests who may occupy the room later. Residence Inn by Marriott has the Pet Policy that requires additional cleaning and treatment of the room once the pet checks out of the hotel, without property cooperation, sometimes this falls short, whether a guest choses to not alert the hotel they have a pet.

We are truly sorry the guest had this experience, which is why as our aplogy to them, the hotel relocated them another room, discounted the rate, and covered the expense for the guests to launder their clothes they felt needed to be done.

I hope that this experience does not discourage anyone from staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott Oklahoma City South, or another Marriott affilitate hotel. As a General Manager I know that we all hope that this guest will return and give us another opportunity, as well as guests reading this review and response will consider us as well.

Thank you for your time in reading the review, and this response.

Greg Smith

Reviewed July 2, 2010

Stayed at the Residence Inn Oklahoma City South for two weeks. It was a nice hotel, but the location was difficult to get to. It is located adjacent to an almost-vacant mall, right next to the Interstate 35 and Interstate 240 interchange. My room faced Interstate 240, but the noise at night wasn't too bad. Being on the far south side of the city, it is close to the great shopping and dining options that are in Moore and Norman. My daily commute to and from work in the middle of the city (NW 23rd at Villa) took maybe 20 minutes in the morning (at 7am) but took anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour in the afternoon (at 5pm). If you are a fan of Texas Roadhouse, you are in luck...one is located right next to the hotel.

The room was a nice studio room with a single bed. There was a kitchen with full-size refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher. I had an issue with the lights above the kitchen table; they weren't centered above the table and if you're taller than 6' 2", you'll likely hit your head on them...and probably more than once.

The downstairs area was nice, but getting service at the front desk was a challenge. Oftentimes, no one was down there...or they were chatting with guests in the dining area. On several occasions, I have waited around 5 or 10 minutes for someone to show up so that I could check my mail or get other service. The breakfast is the usual Residence Inn affair, but I will always enjoy the evening social hour Monday through Thursday.

This hotel is pet friendly, with lots of grassy areas around the hotel. There is a $75 sanitation fee if you do bring a pet, which is less than other hotels I have been to.

How to get there:
-If coming from Interstate 35, exit at SE 66th St and take 66th St around the mall (it becomes Crossroads Blvd), then turn right at the I-240 Service Rd (also known as SE 74th St).
-If coming from Interstate 240, exit at Pole Rd (SLOW DOWN...dangerous turn), then turn right at the I-240 Service Rd, then take another right at Crossroads Blvd, then take a left after you cross the bridge onto the westbound I-240 Service Rd.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I was surprised by the heading, I expected a horrible experience. I apologize for the staff issue you experienced. i truly appreciate honest reviews, and I hope that you will consider giving the Residence Inn Oklahoma City South another chance if in Oklahoma City. I understand the work location has changed, and it is even further away from the hotel. I hear there are brighter days coming for Crossroads Mall, which I am glad to hear. The manager of the mall is a Professional person, and I have worked with him for several years. It's unfortunate, Crossroads was the place that you had to go to when coming to Oklahoma City. I wish them luck, and a hopeful bright future. It's an unfortunate sign of the economic times we are having in our country.

Thank you again for your candid honest review.

Greg Smith

Reviewed October 5, 2009

Our family is a sports-obsessed one! We travel everywhere with our kids so that they can participate in as many sports/activities as they like. As you may well imagine it can get expensive, so hotels...and their value...are very very important to us. We have stayed at this ResidenceInn twice in 2009. I think we also stayed here in 2008, but all the dates run together. I like this ResidenceInn over the one in Norman, because it is newer. The Crossroads "mall" area is a little shady, but I have not had any issues while staying here. We always stay with the group or team we travel with, so sometimes we don't have a choice of hotel. But, if it were up to us, when in OKC for sports, we would prefer to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2009

This hotel was fair at best. What surprised me was that I was charged for local telephone calls that I did not make. I had to spend 3 hours getting the charges reversed. Turns out that the cleaning crew took it upon themselves to make calls at my expense (hours after I had checked out). Management was very difficult to deal with regarding the situation. Do not recommend. Instead, stay at the Fairfield Inn across the street. Poorly run business.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Mike B, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2015

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing a review and sharing your experience. We strive to provide each and every guest with a hassle free stay. I am very sorry we fell short in regards to your expctations as I do agree we could have provided a higher level of service. I have shared your comments with the team and established steps to enhance our service delivery. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if you have any questions.

Thank you again!

Mike Brunger

Reviewed May 15, 2008

I usually stay at the Residence Inn Crossroads while working at Tinker AFB.

This is a fairly new Residence Inn, so it's in very good shape.
Rooms are very clean
Free high speed internet
Free breakfast, happy hour
Small fitness room, pool + whirlpool
Friendly front desk staff

The hotel is situated at the intersection of 2 major highways
A large shopping mall (older) is beside it, as well as a Best Buy, Texas Roadhouse and AMC theatre

If you have business at Tinker AFB or Midwest City, this Residence Inn is the most convenient and best extended stay hotel to choose.

TIP: Ask for a room which faces the shopping mall,....not the highway.

The only negative thing: if you like to go for an evening walk, there is not much except for a huge parking lot, and you are somewhat sorounded by expressways.

You can also consider the "Residence Inn Bricktown", just adjacent to downtown and beside the baseball park. It's in a great location for sightseeing and walking in the evening. If you are a jogger there's also a long bike and walking path on the Oklahoma river nearby. The only thing about the Residence Inn Bricktown is it's more expensive compared to the Crossroads Residence Inn, and it's a little farther away from Tinker AFB.

To conclude:
Residence Inn Crossroads is the best value extended stay hotel convenient to Tinker AFB and Midwest City - because of this, they are often fully booked, so reserve in advance.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank deathracer
Reviewed January 14, 2008

Stayed for 4 nights over Christmas. The hotel offers free WIFI in guest rooms, free hot breakfast, swimming pool and hot tub (closes at 11), and of course the standard Residence Inn kitchen.

The rooms were very clean. Bathrooms were a little cramped, but definitely clean. We didn't cook, so didn't use the kitchen appliances.

It was VERY quiet when we were there (they weren't very busy). We didn't interact with the staff very much, and I'm sure they were thrilled to be working Christmas, but they were perfectly polite.

The location was perfect for us, as we have family in Norman, Midwest City, and South Oklahoma City. It would be a bit of a drive to get downtown (but an easy one), and about 15 minutes to the airport. There is a large mall, a best buy, a movie theatre, and a steakhouse right in the same parking lot, and TONS of other places to eat just a few miles away on I-240.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nmsoonergirl
Reviewed December 26, 2006

The good: property appears to be fairly-well maintained with wear/tear minimal at this 6 year-old property. Indoor pool was nice but is a bit on the cool side. Breakfast is typical fare for a Residence Inn - waffles, scrambled eggs, etc...The nearby Mall is within easy walking distance and has a variety of "Food Court" businesses. There is a movie theatre and restaurant next door as well.

The not-so-good: The suites have ovens which is a nice touch but unfortunately the room we were in, a 2-bedroom suite, did not have anything to use for cooking in the oven. A small point, to be sure, but even a roll of aluminum foil would have been nice. Management seemed indifferent when we brought this to their attention.

Other: Signs advertised a pending room renovation so call the hotel for details. Also, the Bricktown location is scheduled to open in January 2007 if you prefer a newer alternative.

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank Mongeaux
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City Sout...
#103 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City-South
Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma Ci...
#21 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Residence Inn Oklahoma City Northwest
Residence Inn Oklahoma City Nort...
#63 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City
Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City
#95 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Candlewood Suites Oklahoma City - Moore
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Southeast - I-35
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#49 of 154 in Oklahoma City

Been to Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall? Share your experiences!