“Cleanist Place I have Ever Stayed”

Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
Ranked #57 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Cleanist Place I have Ever Stayed”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wonderful and helpful staff, breakfast was good and evening social hour was more like dinner. Sheets were soft and I have never seen a cleaner place..some one was always cleaning but never in the way of guests. Staff was always helpful. I would recommend this for meetings and just visit's to the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMRISouth, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for the good review. I always enjoy sharing all of the reviews with the staff. This will definately put a smile on everyone's face today. Thank you again for the smile. Please stay with us again when you come back to the area. I hope you enjoyed your time in Oklahoma City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed here previously and on this trip we couldn't get in but after my husband called and talked to the manager he was able to get us in for this longer period of time. For some reason if you are staying for 2 weeks or more at the government rate then you have to get approval so we were having a hard time getting in- but the whole process of talking to everyone at the front desk was amazing! They were very nice and professional and they went above and beyond to make our whole experience worthwhile. They remembered our names and would greet us as we walked down to breakfast by asking if we had a good night's rest and they hoped we would have a nice day! They even remembered that we stayed with them previously! That was impressive! We enjoyed our breakfast but let me tell you what I enjoyed even more- the dinners that were included in the price of staying at this hotel! Monday-Thursday they have complimentary dinner and they were all really good and enjoyable. If you are here on business you understand that going out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be quite expensive but because they provided 2 of our meals it made this trip much more affordable. The lady that served in the dining room was also very helpful and sweet. One night they had hotdogs and I love hotdogs but they had run out of buns. They put out wheat bread but I don't really like that so I asked if she had any buns in the back and she said no but she found some hamburger buns in the back. Did I want them? Yes! I was so happy and although my husband used the wheat bread we were both equally happy with our choices. (The chicken alfredo was the best!) I could go on and on about this place. Oh! We had some friends staying at another hotel and they did not have a laundry in their hotel so they came over and asked if they could use our laundry and the people at the front desk gave them a temporary key so they could come over and do laundry! When you are in a strange city and don't know the places that are safe for doing laundry this is a really big deal! My room was comfortable and clean and we had a kitchen in our room for cooking if we wanted...Every issue we had was resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. This hotel has some of the finest workers and they truly make you feel happy that you are at this hotel. I love it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GMRISouth, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. I have shared with the all the hotel employees, so they are all aware of your kind words and compliments. Have a great day, please call us when you return to Oklahoma CIty.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here for one night as the half way between home and vacation destination. Checking in was a breeze and Lisa Roche deserves a raise for her calm and unflappable manner in getting us in. She was the only one on duty and was as pleasant and delightful as she could be. When we got to the room, at first glance everything seemed ok. Two bedroom suite with pullout sofa comfortable enough for a family of five. When we returned from dinner, I discovered somebody else's towel still on the back of the bathroom door. Then in our search for a missing remote I found an empty snickers wrapper in the nightstand drawer with chocolate crumbs in it. The kitchen cabinetry have seen better days, there were cracked bathroom floor tiles, the pullout beds mattress had holes in it and had seen better days, and the sheets on my bed were frayed. The breakfast was delicious and offered a variety of selections but my daughter and I had to sit on the sofa instead of a table because a large contingent of workers for the same company took all of the tables even though some of them were no longer eating. We could have gone back to the room, I suppose. Overall, we slept comfortably, had a good breakfast, and got on the highway very easily. Just be prepared for a little "eeewww" to factor in.

• Stayed July 2012
Jonestown, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We met my parents there for the WCWS tournament. Our room was like an apartment, with 2 separate bedrooms, a living room w/fireplace, dining area and FULL kitchen. It was super nice. The bedrooms were not cramped - each has it's own bathroom/vanity area. The kitchen has a full size stove and refrigerator and even a dishwasher. We did not eat ONE MEAL out - we had all of our meals at the hotel. One night, my husband grilled steaks on the gas grill in the hotel courtyard. The hotel had full breakfast every day in the lobby. The room was less than $150 night which was by far cheaper than renting 2 separate rooms, AND we didn't have to go back and forth between two rooms to visit - we had the living area right there that was plenty big for us. If we go back to the WCWS next year, we'll DEFINITELY stay at the Residence Inn. It was right off the interstate, which meant only about a 10 minute drive to the stadium for the games. So convenient. The staff was great - very helpful. The exercise room was a little cramped but they have about twice the equipment as a normal hotel, and the pool area was beautiful (indoor pool). Overall, i think it was one of the best places we've ever stayed! Try it - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I called to request the two-bedroom suite. it was a spacious corner room - very good if you have mo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Four of us spent 9 days at the Crossroads Residence Inn in Oklahoma City. We were attending the NCAA Women's College Fast Pitch Championsip Games, also known as "the Women's World Series." Our overall experience was extremely good. The suite was designed to meet the needs of those of us who are handicapped, as well as those who are not. It was clean; housekeeping personnel were prompt and thorough; every request was answered quickly and cheerfully. The breakfas provided each morning in the lobby was ample and tasty. The constant availability of good coffee was a big plus.
The nighlty provisions were also ample, with a diverse menu, and the food showed that some care had been taken in its planning and preparation. We were treated well at every juncture. Cindie at the front desk proved herself to be capable of handling virtually everything thrown at her through the week, and we actually admired the way she handled situations involving everything from regular clients who had not made reservations and found themselves without a vacancy, to persons who were apparently inebriated and were very inappropriate to guests as well as to staff. She remained calm and attentive and effective.
We were also impressed with Simone, one of the folks who prepared and served the breakfast buffet. She was particularly aware of those of us with handicaps and went out of her way to make sure that we had comfortable access to our breakfast utensils, plates, food, seating and anything else we needed. She showed herself to be intelligent, thoughtful, and caring. She even offered to help those of us who are handicapped with loading our luggage into our SUV upon leaving. We were both impressed and grateful.

Our complaints were minor: two bars of hand soap for four persons was not really enough. And then, beyond the ability of Cindie to make a change, is the fact that the mattresses in our stuite (and apparently the same situation prevailed in the rooms of others we knew or encountered), as soon as someone sat or attempted to lay upon them, became "mattress tacos" because they are too, too soft, not just for those of us with handicaps. Someone above Cindie's pay grade will have to make the sorts of decisions necessary to corret this problem. An inadequate, uncomfortable night's sleep can ruin the otherwise good experiences of having competent staff, good service, and otherwise nice facilities. I also want to add a special thanks to Lisa. I had inadvertently left a very necessary piece of electronic gear still plugged into the socket in my room. Arriving home, I discovered the problem, called the hotel, and, after Pam dropped the ball, Lisa found the device and arranged to have it Fed-Ex'ed to me by the next day. I am deeply grateful and rather improessed with her handling of the situation. Overall, a good hotel, a good staff, good food, good swimming area, good exterior maintenance,good pet access -- a good experience, with the one disappointment of waiting for upper management to correct the (worn?) mattress situation.

Room Tip: The handicap-equipped suite was good. I suggest one must reserve early.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Corry, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have been staying at this Residence in while on business to the Ok. City area for over 4 years and I was extremely disappointed after may stay there a few weeks ago. The lobby was okay, guest check in lady was very nice. I had a problem in my room and when I called the front desk the night clerk gentlemen basically blew me off. Patio area was very noisy until at least midnight. My guess is that they are targeting the construction crews coming into town. I wouldn't recommend it for business men/women, there are much better places to stay in Ok. City. This is the third time that I have been disappointed on business travel with the Marriott chain. I'll be staying at the Hilton chain going forward, pretty sad when corp America doesn't realize who the customer is!

Room Tip: Lots of construction workers, lots of noise on the patio, request a room away from the patio area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed here for almost a month on last June for business purpose. What I loved from Residence Inn hotels by Marriott is their interior and room lay outing. It's almost same everywhere. I have stayed for almost 4 months on Residence Inn near Houston Int'l Airport and then moved to this place in OKC. I got almost same room, which is felt like almost a home.

Pros;
- Staffs are of great services. They took care of our queries and always help out, especially since this is first time to USA for us and they helped a lot with directions and suggestions. One of them is I remember; Greg.
- Breakfast is nice. Couldn't be better, more variant than other Residence Inn branch. Attendant is there ensuring every food is properly replenished.
- Room is quiet, clean and comfortable
- Texas Road House resto is across the street. A mall (Crossroad mall?), AMC theater & Best Buy are within 5 mins walking distance.
- Great kitchenette, room always cool. Big fridge, great stove and microwave.
- Indoor pool and gym was OK.
- Not have time to check out the patio but I think it is one of place to chill out.
- desktop PC with internet & printer on the lobby is great and free.

Cons;
- Couldn't think of any.

Great place to stay and is affordable, plus a hospitable staff. No doubt to stay here again if ever I visit OKC in the future. Best wishes!

Room Tip: Choose the room near elevator/stairs. The one I stayed is the first floor, first room on the left, r...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
GMRISouth, General Manager at Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear the good feedback. I'm glad you had a good stay with us. I'll be sure and share your comments with all the staff. I hope you will stay with us again, when you return to Oklahoma City.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall
Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City Sout...
#100 of 149 in Oklahoma City
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City South
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma ...
#15 of 149 in Oklahoma City
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 12 in Moore
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oklahoma City Mid - Airport Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Okl...
#12 of 149 in Oklahoma City
Best Western Greentree Inn & Suites
Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore
Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore
#74 of 149 in Oklahoma City

Been to Residence Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall? Share your experiences!