Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #48 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Ocean City, NJ
“great hotle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2007

We were at a convention in the adjacent convention center. The hotel was conveinient, the room comfortable (we were upgraded to a suite), clean and quiet. The staff were pleasant and helpful.
No reason not to stay here if in OKC.

• Liked — quiet and clean
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank boardhead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in OKC. It is less than 2 blocks from great restaurants and hot spots in Bricktown. There is public parking across the street from a hotel, but it was very convenient to use the hotel valet. They have a great system set up and can have your car ready whenever you need it. Check-in was quick and easy and they offered us a different room if we weren't satisfied with the view. The room was very nice and clean and the bathroom was of nice size. They have some nice lounges in the hotel and a little coffee/sub shop. The staff was nice and greeted us everytime we walked in and out of the hotel. If you're into nice bars, the Skyy Bar on Mickey Mantle was a nice bar and lots of fun. As for restaurants in the area, the Mickey Mantle Steakhouse was very nice (pricey, but nice. And appropriate dress is required). As for the hotel, check-out was just as easy. Their was a problem with our bill and it was cleared up, no questions asked. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience!

• Liked — Hospitality of the staff
  • Disliked — Price of valet ($20/day)
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tkg04d
KANSAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2007

We stayed here in April for 3 nights.This hotel is remarkably clean and the staff was very professional and courteous.We were able to walk indoors all the way to the Ford Center which was awesome.Not so good, $12.95 a day internet fee even in the lobby, not very productive for business.Overall, would probably stay again.

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank BGDUDE
Moscow, ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

I stayed here for 3 nights for a convention. I found the hotel to be very nice. Check-in probably took less than 1 minute (I already had a reservation). Like many of the nicer hotels, they do gouge you on some small add-ons, like internet service, items in the fridge, the bottle of water ($4). Just don't buy these things. Hotel staff was among the most friendly and courteous that I have ever encountered. This was true for the adjoining convention center too. Room was comfortable, well-appointed, clean, quiet (just a little noise from the street), nice amenities. People in the restaurant were very nice but inattentive; the food was a little pricy and unremarkable, but that is the norm for hotel cafes. The selection of other places to eat in the area seems limited, especially if you are on foot, but fortunately food was served at the conference that I attended.

I did not use the pool, but it looked nice, although the area was stifling hot and humid. The fitness room seemed well-equipped with cardio equipment, some weight machines, and also free weights. The most inconvenient aspect was that the business center is actually not even in the hotel; it is in the convention center across the street, so you have to go over there and roam around to find it. It's located in a somewhat grubby office, but staffed by nice people. On the positive side, at least you don't have to pay to log on and check your email, print your airline boarding passes, etc.

Although I was at the hotel on business, I noticed several families there, and it seemed to be family friendly without conflicting with us business travelers.

The hotel is located in an area that I found to be ok for walking around: a few blocks to the Oklahoma City Memorial, botanical garden nearby, and I enjoyed walking along the canal in Bricktown.

Overall, I found it to be a nice hotel and would stay here again, if I were in the area.

• Liked — convenience to convention center
  • Disliked — not many food options in the area
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
5 Thank roam-ID
Oklahoma City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2007

Where to start, first parking, be prepared to be gouged and be prepared to walk a long way. after paying the $7 for parking and being informed that it is only got 24 hours and if you move your car you will have to pay again. There are no stores even close to here so if you don't bring anything you can can a bottle of water from them for $4. $4 for a bottle of water unreal, i did go to the little store down stairs and got a Diet Mt. Dew for a hot can I paid $1 oh and they only had 2 can. I thought you know if they can get a buck for alittle can of hot pop you would think they would have more if you wanted it. They have a Starbucks and the deserts are really good and believe it or not the prices are not a walet buster. But problems there last night My wife and I went down there and the lady that was working had 2 peoplein front of us she was trying to help and after 18 minutes i got my pie. When i got my pie I noticed thy made sandwiches so we asked and the lady said " if you come back in the morning you can get a sandwich and chips for $7.50 plus a drink I think $2.49 for a 20 ounce coke. Okay I can do that, Not bad I think I will hook up on that. WRONG!!!! I go down there and after i stoof in line a while I asked " Are you all making sandwiches yet"? ( it was around 10:30 A.M) she said " hummm no I don't think I want to make any today". Hummm I was thinking well i don't want to pay $7.00 to drive 3 or 4 blocks to get something to eat. (weather is bad, windy and snowind a little. Nothing real bad but you wouldn't want to take off walking. Oh yea last night we were going to walk down to BrickTown and we went outside the hotel and there were people begging for money. It looked like they wanted and needed money for drugs. Back on this morning, So after walking away from Startbucks kinda pissed off a little i went over to the dinning area and once the guy got off the I asked what time can I get lunch? He said and i quote " Lets see i think 11 or 11:30 it just depends on when they get around to it. So I mentioned how far it is to get something right? So i came back upstairs kinda hot but i didn't say anything or even give anyone a dirty look I just went to my bag and got $4.00 worth a change and got 2 diet Cokes and thought well this sucks!!!! I ordered room service I thought well maybe I will just order a $12.00 burger and the guy on the phone tried to talk me out of it giving me the song and danceI got downstairs and I said just take my order and I will just wait on it. So i got it with the room service fees and the tip it was a $20.00 burger it was nothing special and the fries are those ones that are frozen ( you know the cheap ones). I was a little disapointed in the fries I thought they should have been some kind of steak fries or something. I guess those might come with that $30.00 steak!!! So I sat here and ate it and found this site. Oh i forgot the mattress is hard and the wind is howling because the window leaks. OMG one more night.
I would say I can't see where in the world they got this 4 star rating. Maybe they take all the money they get and pay off the people that rate this stuff. Look it is simple this place is high dollar I will look somewhere else next time and I really encourge you to look at other options in the area. I would feel differant if the rooms where $69.00 a night because that is what it is worth. If you do some bring a lot of money and/or credit cards and don't plan on doing anything this room wil be all you can afford. Unless you starve and can do without water and pop. Oh and it cost a lot for internet I think I paid around $15 bucks for 24 hours. I'm sure i wll find out for sure when i checkout!!!!

Stayed January 2007
4 Thank Copperhead723
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

We stayed here for a weekend and the hotel was very nice. We stayed in a suite which had 2 bathrooms and was quite spacious. The location was perfect because we were abe to walk to the memorial and to Bricktown. Staff went out of there way to help with directions and site seeing ideas. I can't comment on the restaurants because we chose to eat out as there are so many choices in the area.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank drJR
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2006

The hotel Lobby was beautiful. The rooms were very clean.
The beds were heavenly. My husband enjoyed the gym while my son swam in the pool and relaxed in the hot tub. There were a few things that bothered me..

-There was bottled water in the room and my son proceed to grab the bottle and drink it before we got a chance to read the tag which said "This bottle has been left for your enjoyment if you choose to drink it you will be charged $4.99"! I would not expect to be nickled, and dimed after paying so much for a room in a "luxury hotel". There was also a mini bar with overpriced snacks which we avoided like the plague.

-I believe in value and paying more for the better things in life. This hotel is quite expensive, so when a candy bar costs $2.00 and a small bottled water is $4.99 it is cheap, stingy, and not classy at all.

-The parking garage is very far from the hotel and once you park it is a hassle to go back and forth to your car. There was valet parking (for a fee), but we declined.

-Wireless Internet was not free. Most hotels have free wireless Internet so I could not understand why they charge.

-The breakfast buffet was $13.00 per person so we went 5 miles to the Golden Corral and paid $6.00 pp.

Overall I would say it was a great atmosphere and a lovely hotel.
The room was beautiful, but watch out for the extras because they do add up.

• Liked — Lobby
  • Disliked — money-grubbing practices
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't drink the bottled water. Eat breakfast elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family