My family and I stayed in the Renaissance OKC for one night last week as part of a combined business and leisure trip. The hotel, which is clearly one of the top two luxury hotels in the city, is situated near the Bricktown entertainment zone in downtown OKC. As a side note, I had been to Bricktown a few times before, but not until this trip did I realize the full scope of the area. I encourage you to explore the whole thing and you will probably be pleasantly surprised with OKC. You can take a short five minute walk to Bricktown or the hotel provides a free shuttle. Following the trendy Renaissance theme, the hotel lobby is a mix of somewhat traditional architecture with a cool remodeled reception area. My boys really enjoyed the glass elevators and fish ponds in the lobby. As a bonus, the hotel also provided a delicious and refreshing melon smoothie at check-in. Our room was in very good condition, although slightly small for our family of four. We received a room with kind of a crummy view of the adjacent sprawling convention center's roof. I recommend requesting a more appealing view of the city skyline or even Bricktown.
The doormen and concierge were all extremely pleasan, knowlegeable and very helpful at fulfilling requests for information.
The only two negatives about the hotel concern: 1) the poor service in the concierge (club) lounge, where for exteneded periods the attendant was not even present, and when the attendant was present wasn't really doing anything. For example, we had to request that the food presentation be made available to us. 2) The self-parking is fairly remote from the hotel, although there is an air-conditioned walkway which conects the garage with the hotel. The process, which under normal circumstances probably takes around ten minutes, took twice that during my stay because there was construction near the garage that prevent any easy access from the hotel.
However, overall, I thought the hotel was a pleasant surprise and I would gladly stay there next time I'm in OKC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Renaissance of Oklahoma City, a Marriott Brand hotel located in the heart of downtown, connected to Cox Convention Center and just steps from popular destinations. Walk or take our complimentary limo to Bricktown Entertainment District, ATT Bricktown Ballpark, OKC National Memorial, the Chesepeake Energy Arena and more. With 4-diamond status, well-appointed guest rooms and public space, this downtown hotel is your choice for style, class and a provocative ambiance. The only hotel downtown to include The Spa at 10 North and Caffenia's Marketplace, offering Starbucks and unique local gifts. 10 North Grille features a world-class executive chef. Airport shuttle is available to our registered guests for a discounted price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Marriott and Travelocity so you can book your Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Oklahoma City Hotel Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Renaissance