“Renaissance Marriot, nice place to say, costly internet!!!”

Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #46 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed September 6, 2008

The hotel is centrally located; walk to the Memorial, the Art Museum, Bricktown then a quick hop on 235 gets you to a great restaurant... The internet costs $12.95 for 24 hours and despite the desk saying there was free wireless in the hotel - this is simply not true.
Tuo Bella Spa may be the hot ticket for this hotel. We booked massages that were over the top great. Dracy, Michelle and Valorie go straight to the problem and work gently and firmly until you melt... melt... melt. Can't recommend them enough. I'll probably stay at a hotel that offers free internet next time - but I will book a massage at Tuo Bella, certainly!
Don't head for the hot tub after your massage though, the healthy and healing effects of the massage will surely be blunted by the sheer amount of chlorine in the hot tub.
Do not open the door to the mini-fridge. Just don't do it. I was told by the front desk that they'll provide a fridge that won't charge you for opening the door... didn't check that out though.
All in all this is a decent, prettily decorated place with good customer service - Krystal at the front desk was great and fun to boot!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank viajamujer

Reviewed July 25, 2008

Very nice hotel and centrally located to nearly everything. Self parking is a big issue but if you don't plan to use your vehicle much may be worth it. There were numerous events going on during our stay so there was always a 5-$7 charge each time we left the parking garage. By the way, self parking is about a block and a half away. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and always accomodating. Kudos to the front desk and bellman who were so gracious upon our arrival. We were given our choice of three different rooms. We chose a room on the 9th floor that provided a good view of Bricktown. Make sure you tune in to the hotel's information channel to check out the area attractions and local eateries. The room was spacious and the bed afforded us a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet in the Falling Water Grill was reasonably priced and very tasty. Actually, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room because we were so busy exploring Oklahoma City and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GeorgiaTopdog
Reviewed July 10, 2008

this is a very nice hotel across the street from the convention center - i attended a conference for 200 people held at the convention center - the rooms are clean and nice - the breakfast buffet good - the coffee and donut bar in the lobby is a bit expensive but good - i would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank trinity-tiger
Reviewed June 2, 2008

The Renaissance OKC Convention Center isn't a bad hotel, but the little problems added up and snowballed during my stay in May 2008. First, when we checked in, they were remodelling the lobby. The main check-in area was closed and there was the smell of chemicals and dust as workers were stripping the floor. When we booked online, there was no mention of upcoming renovation work.

Upon checking in, the room was neat and clean with up-to-date furnishings. The bed was fine, but some of the pillows were flat (worn down) and should probably be replaced. I didn't use the wireless, but the next day there were some other guests using their laptops in the lobby and restaurant and I overheard them complaining that they couldn't get a wireless signal in their room.

When we returned from a concert that night (the Rennaissance is very convenient to the Ford Center, although the Courtyard is even closer), we realized that the hotel bar was closed as well for renovation. They were serving drinks in the restaurant until after midnight, but the atmosphere wasn't as good for having a nightcap as a proper hotel bar.

I got a good night's sleep, but in the morning realized that the rooms were not very well soundproofed (at least from the hallway). We were awoken by a maid banging on our door (we thought) even though we had the Do Not Disturb sign out. It turns out the maid was banging on another door down the hall and we went back to sleep only to be awoken three more times by the maid banging on other doors and yelling "Housekeeping!" up and down the hall.

We had booked a Spa package which included lunch in the "Falling Water Grill" hotel restaurant (up to $60). We went to lunch at 12:15PM (we were unable to get a late checkout as a Marriott Rewards Silver) and had a 2PM massage appointment. We ordered the Shrimp Cocktail for an appetizer which was quite good and my girlfriend ordered a club sandwich and I ordered a steak (medium rare). I ordered an IBC root beer off the menu, but the waiter didn't even realize they offered this and after about 5 minutes reported that they were out. Two groups that arrived and ordered after us had already gotten their main courses by about 1PM and we were still waiting. The waiter told us that the chef had messed up my first two steaks and he was having the head chef try a third. I had him bring our the other entree while I waited for my steak. The steak when it finally arrived was a dissapointment, but I tasted my girlfriend's club sandwich and it was quite good. For desert I had the cheesecake with fresh strawberries which was also very tasty.

By the time we finished, it was 1:45PM. The main restroom was also closed for renovation, so we had to go to the second floor to wash our hands. The men's room was out of hand towels of any kind (my girlfriend reported they had cloth washclothes in the ladies room). I reported this to the front desk (which had reopened since the day before) and they said they would have housekeeping "take care of it".

The spa was not very impressive and did not have a relaxing atmosphere (or an atmosphere of any kind really). The masseuse was OK, but the headrest on the table was uncomfortable. The spa at the Marriott Southern Hills in Tulsa is much better.

After the massage, I returned to the Men's room on the second floor. An hour and a half after the front desk was made aware of the issue, there were still no hand towels.

In summary, I will not be returning to the Renaissance OKC Convention Center. Next time I will try the Westin across the street (where I have had several good stays) or the new Courtyard.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ostatejon
Reviewed May 2, 2008

Hotel is fine except that they have motion sensors that regulate the A/C thermostat. This means the A/C turns off at night while you are sleeping. Unless you like to sleep and take a shower without air conditioning, I would not recommend this hotel. I inquired with front desk and was told nothing could be done about the sensor system to keep the thermostat on permanently. This is why other reviewers have claimed their rooms were hot all the time. I have stayed at this hotel about 4 times in the past, but I will never stay again due to this thermostat issue.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank TA77002
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Recently stayed here because of its close proximity to the start of the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.

Good:

Valet, front desk and conceire staff were all friendly, helpful and nice, good crew of folks.

Room was good sized, clean, quiet, and a fridge. But $4 for a bottle of water, are you kidding me?

Location. Bricktown (dining, drinking, movies, Bass Pro Outlet), Oklahoma City Memorial (a moving experience), Cox Communications Civic Center, Botanical Gardens, etc. All within walking distance.

Bad:

$20 Valet Parking.

The in hotel restaurant during breakfast hours. We purchased a weekend breakfast included deal. I've stayed at many other Marriott Hotels and Residence Inns and the Breakfast Buffet at this place was just lacking. Overall, just not a whole lot of good selection of fruits, pastries, etc. The service was awful. Management needs to be changed in this part of the hotel. Not only were simple things like bowls for oatmeal, cereal missing but getting a cup of coffee or a glass of orange juice took forever. And this was at a time when the restaurant wasn't busy and there was plenty of staff. I'd have given the hotel a four star rating but the service in this part of the hotel was so bad not for just one day of our stay but for two that it received a three star.

If I were to have to stay in downtown OKC anytime in the near future I'd probably consider the Hilton Skirvin which is a couple of blocks away. Good ratings on TripAdvisor I notice.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hondast1100
Reviewed April 24, 2008

We spent a Saturday night at this hotel and it was really nice. Very quiet, large bathroom, and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (even better than the Heavenly Bed!). Friendly staff. Great location just a short walk from the Bricktown area. The breakfast buffet was excellent (although not included). We had originally planned to stay at the newer Residence Inn, but the rate on this hotel was less so we gave it a try. We were not disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple