“Nice hotel in a great location”

Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #45 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Charlotte, NC
“Nice hotel in a great location”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I haven't been able to explore much of OKC, as I'm here on business. I can tell you that this hotel is located very conveniently to the Convention Center, Chesapeake Energy Arena, and the popular restaurants and shops in the Bricktown area.

They have a free shuttle during the day, which will take you around downtown or to and from the airport, and there's a free limo in the evenings.

I've only eaten one meal at the restaurant, and it was decent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and learn what parts of their visit made their stay memorable. We are thrilled that our location was something that you appreciated. We are, as you mentioned, within steps of many of the area's attractions such as Chesapeake Energy Arena and the Cox Convention Center. Please come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Rooms are nice, great location and front desk staff seem very nice. The problems so far have been thin walls and doors-can hear the hallway parties after midnight, no security to address the issue. The food service has been the worst I've ever experienced in a hotel and I travel for a living. I have had to get every meal from outside the hotel, including going to the nearby Sheraton and Hilton hotels where their service staff actually takes your order AND brings you food! A concept this hotel seems to have missed. I even tried putting tag out for breakfast delivery, thinking maybe room service would work, but in the morning my tag was still on my door-no one ever picked it up. Getting extra towels (2 in king room) was an inconvenience for staff. And we still 3 days here. Ugh!

Room Tip: Pick a room in another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
While we were happy to learn that our location, accommodations and front desk associates were all enjoyed by you, we truly regret that not every aspect of your stay was positive. Please accept our sincerest apologies if any noises disturbed your rest and for the difficulties you encountered with the food service. Our associates and managers are always available to all our guests should any issues arise and they are eager to address your concerns to ensure your stay is the best it can be. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We truly hope that one day you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back for a visit that exceeds your expectations.
Laverne
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed there for a couple weekend and had a wonderful time.
They arranged for a free limo ride to and from Bricktown, and it was easy to use and access.
The Spa, was fabulous for our couples massage..and they gave us a later checkout because we were cleaning up after the spa visit
helpful people everywhere,
parking is a strange thing so if you go just get the valet parking so you won't be driving around and around for a place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
It is great that you had the opportunity to book the couples side-by-side massage at The Spa at 10 North while visiting us for your weekend getaway. We are thrilled to learn that you both had such a wonderful time and that you appreciated our complimentary limo service to Bricktown. Please come back and see us again soon at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel.
NJ
Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a restful stay for 3 nights for a business trip to OU. After challenging travel days of 12+ hours from the East Coast due to snow etc I arrived to friendly efficient staff from the Valet to Front Desk to a very comfortable room. Having access to the Concierge Lounge I met Nate each evening who was very friendly to all guests and a delight to chat with! the evening 'snacks' were tasty and varied, although I never got there in the early AM. The hotel is well appointed, the lobby relaxing, the lobby restaurant had excellent fried green tomatoes (cant get them often except while traveling on business and a childhood fav) :-) So: even on a busy OKC Thunder game night, all went well and I would stay there again. Well done !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel. We’re delighted that after a long day of traveling, our staff was able to get you settled in promptly to enjoy the comforts of your room. We truly appreciate that you have acknowledged the friendliness of our associates, the pleasing aesthetics of our hotel and some of the amenities we offer. The next time you are visiting the area, whether it be for business or for pleasure, we hope that you will allow us the honor of welcoming you back.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed here in November 2013
Rooms clean and staff helpful.
Decor is uninspiring but good central location.
Staff are friendly.
Cafe / shop on ground floor had minimal stock.
There is a pool and fitness area but I did not use this but the pool looked good but noticeably empty.
Great location for the brickwork area bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: All room are pretty much the same no no special recommendations. All rooms are accessed via a circu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your experience. We are delighted that while staying at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel you enjoyed our hotel’s close proximity to Bricktown and found our associates to be helpful. We hope that one day soon we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel this past week. The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice, the bed is comfortable, the lobby is beautiful, and the location is great. However, customer service at this hotel is lacking big time.

The hotel website states "Off-site parking, fee: 10 USD daily." When I pulled up to this hotel in my rental car, I asked the valet attendant where the $10 parking was. I was told "there is no $10 parking in the area and the website misleading." I was then told I could "try to find a parking lot with overnight parking or park on the street." With limited options, not knowing the local parking laws, and not looking to run into a problem with my rental car getting towed, I opted to use the valet parking. However, a day later I was out with a coworker who was staying across the street at the Sheraton. He told me there was a $10 a night parking lot behind the Sheraton and I should have parked there.

When checking out, I approached the staff at the Renaissance about the valet staff being dishonest and saying they did not know of a $10 per night parking lot. I was told there was nothing the hotel could do, the valet service is contracted out to another company, and that I would need to talk to that company's manager. I went to the valet booth, asked to talk to the manager. Unfortunately she didn't see the action of the valet employee as dishonest. Instead she apologized and said the valet attendant must have not been aware there was a parking lot across the street (I don't believe this at all and think she was being dishonest as well) and that she would do her best to make sure he became aware of it. She made no offer to give me a refund on the difference between the valet price and what I should have paid at the $10 a night lot.

Neither the staff at the hotel, nor the management at the valet service at this hotel seemed to care much about the fact that the attendant was being dishonest with led to me paying $30 more than what I should have paid for 2 nights of parking. For this reason, I wouldn't head back to this hotel as there are other options in the area where the staff and management care more about the customer experience.

If you do choose to stay at this hotel and don't want to have to pay the $25 a night valet fee, look for the parking lot on W. Sheridan Ave between N. Robinson and N. Broadway. You will save yourself $15 a night and not have to deal with a dishonest valet company.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BosoxBrent
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for letting us know of your satisfaction with our hotel’s lobby, location and rooms. We do apologize for any miscommunication of information relayed to you during your recent stay regarding parking. It is truly unfortunate this occurred and that it influenced your overall stay experience. We would love another opportunity to welcome you back and have the chance to regain your trust in our hotel. Thank you for sharing your perspective.
Cape Canaveral, Florida
Reviewed February 12, 2014

From the moment I arrived, I was genuinely impressed with the exceptional customer service from the Renaissance. The valet parking team were very courteous, friendly and helpful. They went above and beyond, most certainly making a good first impression with me.

The front desk was pleasant and very efficient, they even upgraded me for no extra charge. The room was beautiful and exquisitely clean,the room service food was delicious also.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and the next time I’m in Oklahoma City, I’ll definitely stay at the Renaissance.

If you’re looking for a great place stay this is the place to go without a doubt.

Highly Recommended!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
We cannot express in words just how happy we are to hear that your stay at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel was perfect. Thank you so very much for your gracious praise and high recommendation. It was truly our pleasure to provide you with the level of service that helped create such a wonderful experience and we were delighted to be able to upgrade your accommodations for you. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Oklahoma City.