Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #47 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Great Hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here! We decided last minute to go on a weekend trip to okc and this was one of the only hotels not completely booked and after reading the reviews, we thought our hotel was the last resort. However, we were pleasantly surprised! The lobby was super nice, pool was nice and warm and so was the gym. The room was good ( we had a suite). My favorite part was looking down from our 12th floor room into the center of the hotel and least favorite part was the slightly uncomfortable pullout couch. We thought it was priced fine and staff was friendly although valet was a bit slow.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Yoyo1021
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for informing us how much you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel for your last minute weekend getaway. We are delighted we could pleasantly surprise you and provide you with accommodations and services that met your expectations. We do however regret that you did not find the pullout couch to be as comfortable as you would have liked. Your kind review is sincerely appreciated and we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Because they were full and had overbooked double rooms, they put us in a suite. It was beautiful and huge. Hotel is very convenient to the convention center, the OK City memorial and bricktown so we could simply walk every place we wanted to go. Only reason we did not give it a five was that everything is very pricey for OK City.

Parking at the hotel itself is valet only and is very expensive, but there is a public lot behind the Sheraton Hotel which is directly across the street. It's easy to self park and walk thru the Sheraton to get to the Renaissance. We did that and paid $7 instead of almost $30 for overnight parking.

Did not eat at the hotel since we walked over to Bricktown for dinner. Found a really nice Italian place which we enjoyed a lot.

We did rent two movies online and found later that the cost was $18 each! Would definitely have passed on the second one had it been obvious how expensive they were.

Overall, nice hotel with good staff but definitely one of the more expensive places to stay in OK City, which is usually a pretty reasonable cost town.

1 Thank Marcy54
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
It’s great to hear from our guests and learn that our convenient location and spacious accommodations fully met their needs. The Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel is connected via a glass-enclosed sky bridge to the Cox Convention Center and we are just steps from Bricktown Entertainment District. We were delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay and the ease of exploring OKC by foot. We do however regret that you were unaware of the cost of renting a movie during your stay and would like to let you know that our front desk team is always available to answer any questions you may have. Thank you so much for your review, please visit us again soon.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I typically stay at the Residence Inn because it feels very home like. I decided for this stay in OKC to, "Treat" myself to the Renaissance.

The hotel is beautiful, my room is very nice but some fixtures are a little older. For example, the outlet in one of the lamps by my bed does not work. I know, "First World Problem" but not charging my iPhone is a big deal in my world.

The Concierge Level is very nice, as a Marriott Gold member this is what my, "Treat" would consist of. The club room is comfortable, the food was good, the view was nice etc...

The staff did their jobs, everyone that I came into contact with was polite and professional, but not extremely friendly, they almost seemed to be fearful of having conversations. Maybe they have read all these bad reviews on Trip Advisor??

The pool area is nice but has open windows facing the street. People walking by can see you in your bathing suit taking a swim or whatever you are doing in the hot tub. I suppose that might be a selling point for some, but not me.

The reason that I am heading back to the Residence Inn is because of all the extra charges. I travel on business so it is not as if I am paying for it out of my pocket. However, I am paying for it in time. Every extra charge is that much more time that I have to spend doing my expense report. And lets face it, completing an expense report is of the devil anyway. Each additional charge is another, "Itemization" and more time in my life sucked away. Why should I, or my company, pay $12.95 per day for internet at a four star hotel when it is free at a one star hotel or McDonalds?

Valet parking is $25 per night!! Bricktown parking is $5-$10 per night, and it is only a couple of short blocks away.

Bottom line, compared to other full service hotels this one could step up a little, but it is not as bad as a lot of the reviews on here make it sound. If I were bringing my wife to OKC to go out in Bricktown, or see a game I will stay at the Renaissance. For my business travel, I am heading back to the Residence Inn.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Rex0725
Each and every guest that walks through our door is very special to us and we highly value their feedback. Thank you for sharing some insight into your stay and for your kind remarks about our concierge level. We will share your comments with our team so that we may continue to improve our services. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your wife to the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel soon.
Tulsa, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is an overall average hotel. The lobby is open and clean, and contains a restaurant and a bar. Each is acceptable. The Starbucks in the lobby is a great touch.

We were at the Renaissance to participate in a competition, and there is a skybridge to the convention center, which is a great convenience. The location in Bricktown is another good convenience. Staff was helpful and courteous.

Our room was an upgrade, to the 14th floor, which is generally a hundred dollar cost. Please, if you use this hotel, do not get the upgrade. This allows a little more security, since you must key the elevator in order to access the top two floors. I saw no upgrade in the amenities of the room. The charge is to give access to what is called the Club Room. There you can get appetizers, drinks, or use the honor bar; at least that is what we were told. The hours during which a person can enter and do these things are very limited. The club is closed on weekends. So, we got absolutely no use from the service.

Our room was ok. The tv was quite nice. The bathroom was pretty standard, with good towels and toiletries. The shower head worked pretty well, but it was not working as it should. The bed! Oh, my, the bed! This was really the worst bed I have ever encountered in my travels. There was no way to get comfortable. It sloped. It felt like sleeping on rocks or pepples must. One side was broken down so that when weight was put on it it creaked and sunk down. We couldn't change rooms because there were several conventions, thus no extra rooms. So, needless to say, sleep was at a minimum. It was unacceptable to say the least.

We have stayed at this hotel before, last year actually, for the same event. We had a regular room and it was much like the one we just experienced, except that the bed was not nearly as bad. So, I guess it is a 'take your chances' kind of thing.

Convenience versus comfort.

Room Tip: Don't opt for the upgrade to the 14th and 15th floors. It is just not worth the cost.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
At the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel we value our guests and hope to be able to provide them with great experience. It’s disappointing that although you’ve shared an appreciation for our location, the skybridge connecting our hotel to the convention center and several other amenities, you were not able to sleep comfortably. We truly regret that we could not re-assign you to a different room at the time of your stay but hope that the next time you visit we can meet all your needs and exceed your expectations. Thank you for sharing your impressions with us here.
Rogers, AR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Room was okay but a little outdated. However, it was pretty clean. The hotel has a large atrium in the middle, which got pretty loud in the evening.

Restaurant in the hotel was a joke. We had a large group (13 people), so we decided to have dinner at the hotel. We were all seated at different tables, so we asked if we could push the tables together. The waitress/hostess told us we could, but the tables were heavy. When we got up to move the tables together, she decided to help us. The food totally not worth the price, and service was poor. Breakfast was a joke too. The food was not worth the $16.99 they charged for breakfast and when we asked if kids eat free, we were told it was up to the server.... what??? The front desk couldn't tell us how much the kids' breakfast was or the age limit. They just told us it depended on the server and to ask them in the morning. We had a very nice server for breakfast, she told us kids were $7.99 but she wouldn't charge us.

The limo service was awesome! We noticed we were missing an item from our vehicle after we left. I called the valet service to see if they had it, thinking they may have took it out of the vehicle when loading our luggage, and forgot to put it back in. The lady at the valet service told me she'd do some checking and call me back. That was yesterday at check out, and I have not heard back from her.

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank 510AnnGAR510
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We are truly disappointed that some aspects of your stay with us were not as you had anticipated. It is regretful that your dining experience did not live up to your expectations and that there was some apparent confusion regarding children’s meal pricing. We’re also sorry for the delay in receiving a response from the valet and encourage you to reach out to us one more time. Thank you for alerting us to your experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to exceed all your expectations.
Atoka, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I usually stay in the OKC metro area 2-3 times a month for business. The convention center is very nice. Rooms were small and dated. Beds were not that comfortable. I had a hard time sleeping from hearing the noise out in the hall.
Definitely did not feel like 3 1/2 stars. I just don't understand why a hotel trying to brand itself in that class range would have $4 dollar bottles of water sitting on your nightstand and charge you $10 for wireless access. It just felt...cheap. I would have rather stayed at one of the newer two star hotels in the area than going back. Would have only been 2 stars if it hadn't been for the location and convention center.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joshua H
It’s disappointing that although you’ve shared an appreciation for our hotel’s location, we were not able to fully impress you during your stay. We value all feedback and the time you have taken to share your impressions with us. We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for your review.
Boulder CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed during the weekend for tournament at the convention center. Room was good sized and well kept. Location is great across street from convention center, they even have a sky bridge to the center so you could never go outside if you wanted to. Lots of restaurants a couple of blocks away in bricktown, they offer llimo ride, but we always walked since weather was good and it was well lit.

Ate breakfast at the restaurant, they had good selection of food, but for the buffet they cook items such as pancakes and put them out, we thought these were other peoples orders and was a bit confussed on how we could get pancakes and waffles. Also took a long time to get seated, seemed a bit sort staffed.

They offer a shuttle to the airport in the morning when we where there which saved us some taxi money

1 Thank Bumbless
RenaissanceOKC, General Manager at Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Renaissance Oklahoma City Convention Center Hotel. We’re delighted that your weekend staying with us for the tournament was enjoyed so much. Our hotel is, as you mentioned, connected to the Cox Convention center by way of a glass-enclosed sky bridge and just steps away from the Bricktown Entertainment District. Although you have expressed an appreciation for our breakfast buffet, we are truly sorry for any confusion with regard to the pancakes and waffles. We hope that the next time you are visiting the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.