“Wonderful learning experience”

Museum of Osteology
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum of Osteology is "America's Only Skeleton Museum". The Museum of Osteology, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is a unique educational experience. Focusing on the form and function of the skeletal system, this 7000 square ft. museum displays hundreds of skulls and skeletons from all corners of the world. Exhibits include adaptation, locomotion, classification and diversity of the vertebrate kingdom.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I went there and had a great time. There are so many things to see and learn about. Great place to take the kids.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was an extremely awesome place. We visited for the afternoon. The presentation of the displays was really great. It kept our attention and was very eductational too. I also appreciate the kindness of those working that day. They were very eager to talk with us about the skulls. You could see their enthusiasm for what they do. I wish I lived closer so I could take my class on a field trip there.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was truly amazed at the collection they have there, very precise an educational detail of each collections of bones and everything was in the right category. Made me want to start looking more into bones and osteology! And the gift shop was amazing as well a lot of cool unique things in there! I didn't want to leave.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My 8 year old Grandson and I visited the museum on December 27, 2012 at his constant urging. The museum is a full two floors with the "bones" professionally displayed behind glass and with several displays in the "open" so as to allow touching and photos by the visitors. As a matter of fact, the staff encourages you to touch those items not protected by glass and advise you that cameras are welcome. This is a facinating way for the the children and adults alike to see what lies beneath the skin, feathers or fur. They also have a very well stocked gift shop. This has now become one of our "see again" stops in OKC. Groupon and other coupon sites frequently have discounts available for this attraction.

1  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was an educational experience - starting from the beetles by the entrance cleaning the bones to the skeletons of a variety of different types of animals. A great one-time experience if you are in the area.