“Average and overpriced”

The Ranch Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ranch Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,641 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: On W. Britton Rd., Between Lake Hefner Parkway & N. May Ave.
Plano, Texas
“Average and overpriced”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the ranch several times. Each timel I walk away feeling the food was good but overpriced. I had a business dinner there and nothing has changed my mind. The service was great but food was not to die for. My customer loves to go there and so be it. I am not sure any steak is worth $50.00. They have always had an issue with the correct temperature of the food, regardless if it is steak or the salmon. How does the bar run out of the beer your drinking...wow bad planning.

Visited May 2013

Yukon, Oklahoma
“Overrated and Overpriced”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had always wanted to try this place. I was very disappointed when I finally did. The food was good but very overpriced. It was about $100 dollar per person. I felt like I could have gotten a better meal somewhere else at a better price. I think the whole experience was overrated.

• Visited April 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I sat in the bar area on 3/28 and had the best dining experience we have ever had. Our British server (who introduced himself as David, but later admitted his nickname was Pip?) took phenomenal care of us. He pulled out all of the stops to make sure our friends going away dinner was unforgettable. We wanted to order a 2009 bottle of cab but he suggested an older, slightly less expensive wine that was amazing. Definitely knew his stuff! A few of us had the Kobe filets, which were to die for. I added the special truffle butter to mine which I now dream about!!! Another friend tried the lamb feature they had that evening, and he cleaned the plate. Said it was the best lamb he's had in years! Now for the Mac & cheese. It's good by itself, but as suggested, we added lobster, bacon, and jalapeños. This is by far the best restaurant in OKC. From food, to service, to atmosphere, the ranch knocks it out of the park every time!!!! Be sure to make a reservation, as they fill up quickly.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank FOOD_DR_OKC
Norman, Oklahoma
“Overrated Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Thought we'd give this a try as we've eaten at most if not all of Oklahoma City's other upscale steakhouses. In a word, overrated. Crab cakes were dry and tasteless, the filets were pretty good according to my boys and my wife, but my ribeye was bland. Sides included mushrooms, green beans, steak fries and mac-n-cheese, none of them were memorable. In addition, the waiter seemed unsure of himself, was "over-selling" us all evening, and gave us the appearance that he wanted to rush us through dinner. Bottom line, for $350 for five, without wine, there are much better dining experiences in Oklahoma City. Try the Boulevard in Edmond if you're looking for a good steak and a professional staff.

1 Thank nheeney
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Pricey...and worth it!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Ranch Steakhouse is located on the south side of Britton Road, just west of May Avenue, in the northwest part of Oklahoma City. It can also be reached by the Hefner Parkway, the Britton Road exit; then go east about 1/2 mile. We had reservations and arrived early, so we sat on the covered patio and enjoyed the music of the guitarist/singer.
We had requested a booth and, while walking through the restaurant to the table, we noticed how tastefully the seating was arranged. There are several smallish rooms off the main corridor, each room with only five or six tables each.
The main dining area has booths along one side and tables in the middle. There was also a dining area at the end of the main dining area. There was a private party going on there the night of our dinner. We could not tell how many people were in the private party, but the noise of that party did not spill out into our dining experience.
The menu is not overly complex: several cuts of Prime steak is what I recall. We were warned that the side orders were each served in a large bowl. One side could easily accomodate two diners. We reccomend the glazed carrots: sugar and butter over sauteed carrots... what could be better!
One of our party ordered a filet, medium well. It arrived at the table medium rare. It returned to the table still medium rare. Again, back to the kitchen. Third time, the charm: medium well. Props to the chef for geting it right. No demerits for it taking three tries! (This was the first time this reviewer had ever had to send a steak back twice. The staff was most gracious about it...)
The proof of any dish is in the taste, and The Ranch did not disappoint. Each bite of each menu item was outstanding. Each of the four diners in our party had ordered something different, and, of course, we each sampled the other plates.
The verdict was unanimous: each of us loved the dinner!
The prices of the entrees are higher than average, but the total atmosphere of the restaurant is one of extremely high quality, subdued elegance and tastefulness.
The total ticket for the party of four, dessert (and a couple of high-end to-go boxes) plus 20% tip on the food (we had no alcoholic drinks) was about $235.
Worth every dime.