“Good views”
Review of Hefner Grill

Hefner Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hefner Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,647 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Britton Rd
“Good views”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant itself is nice from the inside and out, the food was good, maybe a bit over priced but still good. The views are great, the lake on a nice evening is always a nice setting and with good food/drink it all just adds to a nice evening out. The piano player was a treat as well. All in all a solid 4/5

San Francisco, California
“Refreshingly great experience.”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a place to get a good breakfast. Not the typical Oklahoma southern flair with biscuits and gravy, I was craving something different coming from SF, and I was craving a Bloody Mary! I found Hefner Grill on Yelp and decided to check it out. I was seated promptly since I arrived around 11:30 and they had just opened at 11:00 on Saturday. However, I was a bit disappointed to learn they only serve Brunch on Sunday. I was able to order a Bloody Mary, so I had to stay! I ordered the California Burger, NOT because I'm from California but because it sounded good. It arrived with a generous helping of the thin fries, cooked to perfection! The "burger" was great, although I may prefer a bun instead of the Texas Toast type bread it's served on.
The view was nice, definitely helped satisfy my need to be near the water. I sat inside, since we've had such crazy weather lately, it's still pretty chilly outside. I would definitely go back in warmer weather for some lakeside ambiance.
The service was very good, waiter was attentive yet not overbearing.
They offer free wifi as well, always a plus!
The music is nice, jazz. I've been so disappointed at some of the restaurants I've been into here and the music is uncomfortably loud and not really in tune with the environment of the restaurant.
I will definitely return! This could be my new go-to place while I'm here, great job all around. How refreshing.

Visited January 2014
OK
“Good but ...”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

the french fried green beans were bad which was surprising as so many places have them so good. The oyster appetizer was superior and the salmon was loved by our guests. Liked the live jazz.

• Visited December 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great lunch”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great spot, great food Great view of Lake Hefner. Portion size is good staff excellent when I went. Parking can be tough on Friday or Saturday night.

Visited September 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Ambiance is incredible”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Had the fish and chips. Lightly breaded Haddock "fingers" in a starfish pattern over shoestring cut fries, with tartar and ketchup... I like my fish a lil more crunchy and spicy but my tastes aside, it was fairly decent. Assisted by the crown black on the rocks and the jazz trio in the background, it made for a nice Fri night.

• Visited December 2013