Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail
Ranked #85 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Huntsville, Canada
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great customer service with indoor pool, small exercise facility, courtesy van, within walking distance of some restaurants and free breakfast for groups. Food average. Small meeting space. Average business center.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank LandaCRS
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Please look us up when you return to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Canyon, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a newer hotel very near the mall on the Kilpatrick Turnpike (Memorial Road). When booking this hotel, I was quite nervous as I had previously stayed in Holiday Inns that were really bad and I also read the reviews and saw several "Poor" ratings. All I can say is... this is not a 5 star hotel, nor is this The Holiday Inn Express.
This IS a non-smoking, no pets, full service hotel with a restaurant, lounge and AWESOME customer service!!!

I booked a "King" room on Priceline, for a very reasonable rate. When we checked in, my husband asked to upgrade to a room with a jetted tub. The front desk cheerfully upgraded us, for free!

We always check the room before we take our luggage to our room. The room was CLEAN, bed and bedding were clean (pulled back the sheets and mattress cover) the bathroom was spotless, no hair in the tub, no mold or mildew anywhere in the shower. The shower curtain was pristine white. The counter in the bathroom is granite, and it was clean and shiny. The coffee pot did not even have water spots on it! The microwave and small fridge were clean and had no smell. Truthfully, I was very nervous about the jetted tub (some places do not do regular maintenance), I ran a test tub, filled it to the top, waited a few minutes and did not see any "floaties." So I turned on the jets and waited about five minutes and turned them off. To my surprise, there was absolutely nothing floating in the water! It was CLEAN and I was very happy to soak after each day of shopping, walking Bricktown and visiting the theme park.

The temperature of the room was very EASY to set. There is thermostat on the wall, just like at home, and the HVAC system automatically stayed on the temperature that we set. It was comfortable the whole time. No messing around at all!

We did not use the swimming pool or the jetted tub in the common area, so I cannot honestly comment on the condition. We also did not eat at the restaurant or have a drink in the lounge so I have no opinion on this part of the hotel either.

Overall, this was great experience at a Holliday Inn and we will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PhilsJenny
Thank you for your kind comments! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed for a week in this hotel when I was covering the Moore Oklahoma tornado. Now, don't worry, it wasn't in the tornado's path, or even close to it -- it was just the closest hotel I could find with room availability.

This is a nice hotel. It's got all of the new Holiday Inn stuff -- really nice beds with great pillows, a good free breakfast, work out room and pool.

What's great is that everything is around you. A full mall is maybe half a mile away. Tons of great restaurants. An excellent steak house across the parking lot (Mahogany's).

Hey, if you want a Westin, go pay for it. But for the price, this isn't bad at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank joesindorf
Kimberly B, Regional Director of Operations at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We appreciate your great feedback and look forward to you staying with us again in the future!
Sand Springs, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Our room was clean and well appointed but unable to control the temperature. The room was too cool no matter how the thermostat was set. There is no heat at all in the bathroom. The hotel restaurant is closed from breakfast untill dinner. There is no complimentary coffee station in the lobby. The hotel staff were pleasant and accommodating but just not much to offer for the price. I was disappointed after staying in several wonderful Holiday Inn Expresses across the country and expected a Holiday inn and suites to be even better. But that was not the case.

• Stayed May 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear JHanlon277,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the room temperature. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Without your guest feedback we cannot continue to improve our services. We look forward to your return.

Ferdinand G
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I book hotels for our Lacrosse team at home and I had recently found a fabulous Holiday Inn in Mckinney, TX. I normally stay at an Express, but the hotel at Mckinney was so awesome that I chose to stay at a full Holiday Inn in Quail Springs for our Spring Break vacation.
Upon arrival the lobby was nice and the men at the counter were ready to serve. They did recognize me as a priority club member and I received coupons for free breakfast the next day. That was good. However, when we got up to our room, the key did not work so we had to go back downstairs to have that corrected. Once we got into the room it smelled as if someone had just been in there using the bathroom. Upon Further investigation (wish I took pictures) i was the bathtub was filthy and had what looked like rust stains inside. I sure didn't want to sit in that. We called the front desk and told them about the issue and they said to come back down for another room. When I got there, the manager on duty told me that they did indeed have a backed up sewer on that side of the hotel and all those rooms had that odor. He said they should probably call the city. I asked him if he knew about the issue, why were we put in that room? no response, no upgrade, no refund, just a key to a new room and an eye roll.
We did like the rest of our stay. On the day we left, i asked to see the General manager. She came out and I explained the situation. Her response was he way lying to me and she would get on to him about it. She knew nothing about any sewer issue. Just bad city water she said. She did not try to explain the stains or dirt in the bathtub. No offer to make it up to us and poor taste in calling her employee a liar to a customer. Won't be back and will read the reviews better before booking my personal hotel again. Not all Holiday Inn's are run the same.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracy C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Tracy C,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is nice to hear that you did not encounter any difficulties at check in. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the bathroom conditions may have caused you. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one and the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Customer service at the front of the house was the worst!

I had a small group of 8 rooms and everyone had different problems, one got checked into a room that was occupied, one had no toilet paper and requested some and the front desk person argued that he did have enough (what?) yes it happened, on my way in my taxi cab driver was lost getting there and the front desk person didn't know how to help us out nor offered to google it to help... The same person from my call also started telling me her boyfriend got fired and I had to tell her that I didn't need to know this... It still goes on. Horrible customer service. Another room, when they were checking in had the another front desk person eating at the desk...

All the above is very unacceptable. The hotel just hasn't been trained or something but shouldn't have a Holiday Inn Flag!

Rooms were nice and new but customer service was crappy.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time with their customer service. Rooms are nice but not service.