“Will go back!”
Review of Stella

Stella
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 1,681 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11th
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed with the flavors and how well they complimented each other. I went during lunch and they were a little busy. It took a while for my waitress to greet me but that was overlookrd because she described the features perfect and was very attentive. I will go back!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

excelent food, service and atmosphere. the friendly staff are very helpful in navigating the restruants seasonal and changing menu. stella has excellent specials, pasta, pizza and entrees. the pappardelle pasta and capicola,fried egg, red pepper and caramelized onion pizza are two of my favorites. i've eaten at this resturant at least two dozen times, and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had heard nothing but great things at Stella from friends, so we thought we’d give it a try for our annual birthday dinner. Would recommend making reservations if you’re going on a weekend evening. Wasn’t overly thrilled with the seating, but it’s what they advertise. Bench seating around the wall and plastic chairs facing. The building has some very high ceilings so the noise level can get a bit loud at times, at least the Saturday night we were there.
The food though was exceptional; my wife had a risotto with wild mushrooms baked in a squash bowl. She raved at the taste and texture. I had a braised beef in Rigatoni noodle, nicely spiced with a bit of a kick. All in all it was a nice experience; easy to see why everyone we talked to who had been there gave it a thumbs up.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went with a group of friends for lunch. When we were being seated in the back, we all noticed a very pungent odor as we walked into the back room. It was so strong that after sitting down we decided we would not be able to eat lunch in that environment. We were very close to the kitchen door... the smell was like ammonia but didn't necessarily smell as clean as ammonia. Anyway, the manager was very kind and accommodating, and agreed to move us to a new table. However they didn't move us back to the waiting area but left us sitting there for 10minutes. Just as we were getting up to go back to the front to wait, the manager showed us to another table. During our wait, the waitress came over and was borderline rude. She actually told us she didn't smell anything, and if there was a scent it was the risotto on the next table over. Let me say, this odor was not risotto. The waitress went to the nearby kitchen door, opened it, and told us we could step back there to smell it if we wanted. None of us wanted to investigate the stench, we just wanted to be removed from it. We were eventually taken to a new table close to the bar with no problem. The waiter at this table was excellent, and we were given a complimentary appetizer, which did help us forget the first 20-30 minutes of the experience.
It happened to be OKC restaurant week and we all chose the prix fixe menu which seemed to only be available this week. However all the items were on the regular menu. The appetizers were good- notably the polenta cakes. My entree, sauteed shrimp pasta, was very good, however portion sizes are quite small. I don't mind that necessarily, but for the menu pricing I think you should get a bit more. The brownie and gelato sundae is likely the best item on the menu. It was INCREDIBLE. If you go there for nothing else, you must get this!
Also, I thought the wine menu was pretty extensive, but the wine by the glass options are too limited in my opinion. I tried the stella sangiovese and whatever chianti classico they had. Both were fine (tasted like sangiovese), but were served even warmer than room temp (but some people seem to prefer this to "cellar temp").
All in all, it was a good lunch with good friends and I would recommend giving it a try for the gelato sundae! Be sure to sit near the bar (nice, neutral aroma).

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stella has wonderful ambiance and atmosphere.
The service is spectacular and the menu offers many interesting options.
Stella offers Lavazza Italian coffee which is a perfect compliment to their menu.
The one and only suggestion that I would offer to the owner / managing partner is to contiunue working on that dessert menu. People choosing to patron fine restaurants like Stella do want a cake option. It is a MUST for a fine dining operation to offer a chocolate cake selection of some kind. This is a staple item that is expected. The trend of red velvet (for whatever time that stays around) is also highly recommended. okc is a smaller market and unless you are a hotel or specialize in pastry operations can not justify in house pastry chef's (generally speaking). this is where local bakeries such as Labaguette or distributors that offer Sweet Street come into play. Those avenues offer a cake option that is consistent. A towering dark chocolate cake is a required item for any operation that comes close to white table concept.
My suggestion would be three things (keep this simple).
A dark chocolate cake option (towering spooncake or molten lava)
Red Velvet cake
either Tirimisu or Italian cream cake.
Once this happens Stella crosses threshold from Excellent to perfect.

1  Thank Grant K