“Great small and for a quick meal”

The Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #257 of 1,719 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food was really excellent... staff friendly and they were willing to make changes. The owners are really from Greece and the food reflects it.

2  Thank Huisking

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place is not the highest on the scale for ambiance, but it had some great food which reminded us of our year spent in Turkey. The combination plates have a lot of food and the rice was perfect. The gyro plate was extremely tasty and the meat very tender. The servers were attentive and seemed happy to take care of patrons. This is very close to major highways and was within shouting distance of several motels. I'd definitely go back!

2  Thank Diana W
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Few restaurants have the perfect combination -- excellent service, extraordinary food, good prices, and spotless surroundings. The Mediterranean Grill is doing all of those things exactly right!! We were visiting from out of town and love Mediterranean food, so we stopped here. It ended up being a “foodies” dream. Too bad they aren’t just a little closer to Kansas City so that we could drop in several times a month for dinner.

My husband and I started with a Combo Platter of the appetizers--which was a wow! It had at least 2 each of the following: Dolmeh, Falafel, Sambosa, Spanokopita, and Tyropita. Also included on the platter was a spicy Tahini sauce, Hummus and plenty of Pita bread. The only item that was unfamiliar to us was the Tyropita, cheese wrapped in phyllo.

We decided to get crazy and also order full Dinner Platters as well. My husband ordered the Shrimp Piquant. He likes his food very spicy so while this tomato-based dish was perfect for him, it was a little too hot for me. I believe the cook can adjust the heat level up or down a little, though.

My choice also ended up being a shrimp dish--Raisin Shrimp. It was slightly sweet and incredibly flavorful combination of shrimp, garlic, onions, raisins in a curried sauce. The dinners also had either Saffron or Dill Rice (or half of each), Tzadziki dip with Pita.

The meal also included a choice of side dish. My husband picked Dal Adas, a comforting, slightly spicy stew with potatoes. My side dish ended up being Tabouli Salad and it was so unexpected. The Mediterranean Grill makes the best Tabouli that I’ve tasted -- EVER! In fact, no other restaurant has even come close. The word that comes to me to describe this Tabouli is “bright”. When you taste it, you’ll understand. The perfect ending for the meal is Baklava and a cup of tea--if you can save room for it.

The most telling thing of all is that normally we photograph our meals before we eat. That way, if we write a review, we can add photos. However, as soon as the appetizers hit the table and we saw the variety of food, any rational thought left our heads. We immediately started tasting things and swooning--“Try this one” and “Oh my, wait till you taste THIS!” Then, our dinners appeared!! Once we’d demolished everything, we suddenly realized that our feast had not been captured on film and nobody would want to see our crumb-filled plates. So when food was brought out to another table, I brazenly went over and asked to take a picture of THEIR food. They very kindly agreed to allow this crazy woman to do just that. Unfortunately, I failed to get a close-up of their food but did end up with a great photo of Fred Foroozan, one of the two owners/chefs, who had delivered their meal!

Did I mention that service was excellent? Pam, the smiling woman at the counter, was one more reason to love this place. We were there in the late afternoon and noticed that many people stop in on their way home from work to pick up their to-go orders. When she wasn’t taking or delivering orders or passing out menus or dealing with checks, Pam was whisking dishes off the tables and checking up on people. Even the chefs go out of their way to make sure their customers are happy.

We’re envious of anyone who can come here whenever they want. I hope all other foodies or anyone who loves Mediterranean food will give this place a try. And--if you are young and haven’t yet expanded your world food adventures beyond pizza or Chinese food, this may be life changing for you. These are the kinds of flavors that will make you want to go exploring just to discover other wonderful spice combinations you never knew existed. Next thing you know, you’ll be taking pictures of your meals! :) As for us--any future trip through Oklahoma will include a detour to The Mediterranean Grill in OKC. Next visit--Kabobs and Shawarma!

4  Thank Bekssa
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I was staying across the street at a hotel. There are a few choices for food close by. This is by far one of the best. I return if I stay at that hotel again. Very friend service, and great food.

4  Thank saaz801
Reviewed August 23, 2010

The kubedeh was perfect and the baba ganouj was the best I have ever had.

4  Thank UtePigeon