“Helpful staff; attractive and comfortable room; amenities lacking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points By Sheraton Oklahoma City Quail Springs

Four Points By Sheraton Oklahoma City Quail Springs
Ranked #66 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Helpful staff; attractive and comfortable room; amenities lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our family of three stayed at this hotel for three nights and, on the whole, enjoyed our stay. The staff were helpful about special requests, and I really liked the decor, very clean and modern. The room and particularly the beds were very comfortable, and during our stay the room was quiet, possibly because we'd requested and received a top-floor room. I have only a couple of constructive criticisms, which are about amenities rather than the room. The first is that the swimming pool was chillingly cold and the hot tub that I believe was there on a previous stay had been removed. This was a disappointment; one of the things I really enjoy about staying at a nice hotel is using the hot tub, and my child always wants to swim in the hotel pool, but found this one too cold to enjoy for long. I'd suggest to the hotel that the either heat the pool, replace the hot tub, or preferably both. Second, it's a disappointment that a simple breakfast isn't included in the room rate, which it usually is in hotels of this class. The hotel does offer breakfast but charges separately. Fixing these two issues would bring my review from very good to excellent, because we really do like the hotel rooms and staff a lot.

Room Tip: Room on top floor on the side facing away from the freeway was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dusseldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been a business traveller for over a decade this hotel has provided me and my team with one of our top business travel experiences. No, it is not a Ritz Carlton but never before has a hotel employee gone so far out of their way to make my experience so pleasant. Traci (at the bar/room service) is one of the friendliest, most hard working people I've ever come across. She greets my team with a smile, asks us about our lives & remembers the personal details. I don't feel like a guest, I feel like a friend. Because of Traci alone I and the team of people working for me have been recurring guests at the 4 Points in Quail Springs for over 2 years. I hope Traci receives as much credit as she deserves.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Skiatook, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a nice, new & spotlessly clean hotel! But... we were expecting so much more for the rate! We enjoy trying different hotels... just to get away & relax. This was probably the most we've paid, in a long while, for the least comfortable accommodations.
The room was small, very small. Except for the king-size bed, everything else was cramped & uncomfortable for 2 people. There was one (very uncomfortable) chair in the sitting area next to the bed's night stand and a desk-type chair for the "work-space" area along the wall, directly under the wall-mounted television. Even though there was a mini-fridge & microwave, there was really no place to enjoy a snack or beverage. To relax for a few minutes, after our drive, I set in the chair next to the night-stand & my husband set (with his back to me) in the desk-type chair between me & the television... no room to even move those chairs side by side.
So, we thought... we'd go take a dip in the indoor pool. A hot tub would have been nice, but... no big deal. Again, something we've come to look forward to before going to bed. The pool was miserably cold... barely got in & got right back out!
SO... Only other thing to do? Just go to bed! The bed WAS comfortable... thank goodness! The curtains are not the "black-out" kind & we heard expressway-noise throughout the night. Our first morning to sleep-in in weeks... and we were up at 7:00! But, that's ok... at check-in, when I asked the clerk about an upgraded room, he said he could get us the "Breakfast Package" at no added charge (not normally offered on the weekends). That was special! We took our little "comp breakfast coupon" down to the dining area. It was the typical free "hot breakfast buffet"... no-one needed a special coupon.
To sum it up... check my other hotel reviews to find out which ones we'd return to. You won't find Four Points at Sheraton in that category.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Booked this hotel using Priceline name your own price. Got it for $60 a night which is way below the best rate I could find online. It is in a very nice location, lots of good restaurants nearby. Room was pretty large with great TV and extremely comfortable bed.Has a microwave small frig and free wifi. Nice pool which I used and good exercise room. Temp in the exercise room was hot and some of the monitors on the equipment did not work. Has an onsite restaurant that I did not try, but did do a burger for room service which was great.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room. Mine overlooked the front parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

As a once dedicated Hilton traveler, I've been branching out into SPG territory and have been quite pleased. The Four Points in OKC Quail Springs helps maintain my enthusiasm for checking out more SPG properties.

This is a newer built hotel in a very nice area of town that primarily serves business travelers, given its proximity to some major employers like High Mount Energy, AAA, and others. There are four stories, with rooms on each level. Room service is available for breakfast and dinner hours (ending at 10PM), and there is an indoor swimming pool open until 10PM.

The rooms are modern in appearance with bold styling and adequate amounts of lighting. The standard rooms (either King or Double Queen) are quite small, though. The size of the room here actually made me realize just how large other hotel rooms are. The general walking area from the door to the window is fine, but there is limited space for leaving your suitcases and bags out. The bathroom is also small and quite an engineering feat for how they crammed everything into such a small space. Basically, when the door to the bathroom is open, it swings inward and obscures entry into the shower stall. This means, for the solo traveler, you'll have walk in access to the sink and the toilet, but you'll need to close the bathroom door to use the shower. It isn't a bad thing, but is worth mentioning because I am still shocked at how close the tolerances are for how everything is placed in the bathroom.

The beds are quite comfortable, with bedding consisting of a few layers of sheets topped with a clean comforter. Four down pillows are provided for each bed. No down and duvet comforter here, but it was still comfortable. The mattress is probably more toward the hard end of the spectrum, but this in my opinion is the better default as a soggy mattress can make the overall room feel cheap.

The in room temperature control is excellent, and this is where the smaller room size is beneficial. The weather during my visit ranged from near freezing to mid 70s, so I had many chances to adjust the thermostat and the wall-mounted unit was able to adjust the room to temperature within 10 minutes. The room also seems well insulated as you'll rarely have the unit kick on, and the noise emitted is quite minimal.

Other amenities include a mini fridge, and microwave, both of which worked excellent during my stay. In room coffee is available and is the pod style. The complimentary toiletries are fairly standard with a scent that I think is a bit more floral than it should be for unisex use, but nobody will complain.

Overall the property is quiet, as most other guests are probably here for work. Something unique to this property is that they play top 40s type music over the PA in the hallways. It doesn't penetrate into the rooms, so no issues there. It's actually a nice touch if you are stuck at the end of a long hallway as it provides some ambient noise along the way. This is the first time I've encountered this in all my travels so I thought it was worth mentioning.

The bar downstairs, called Edge, serves up your typical offering, but also has some local beers on tap, as this is advertised in the in-room hotel literature. At the time of my visit, the beers available were Choc (brewed in Krebs, OK) and Mustang (brewed in a town by the same name). I'm a local, so I didn't partake, but I could see this being a nice touch for out of state visitors.

Parking is plentiful, free, and is easy to access. The hotel sits right off the service road of the Kilpatrick Turnpike, so there are literally dozens of restaurants and convenience stores on the same block. The Yakimono Grill directly in front of the hotel serves up excellent food and is open until 10.

Overall, I'm pleased with what this property has to offer. At the end of the day, you really just need some place clean, comfortable, and quiet, and they do an excellent job of providing this. One concern I have is that the wear and tear is beginning to show and management should have a plan in place to address this periodically. Nothing big, just small things you notice like a gouge in the drywall or chipping on the edge of furniture.

Would I visit again? Sure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "back side" (north side) are quieter as they face a large commercial parking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Rooms are nicely appointed, clean and have Fridge and Microwave which is a big plus. Staff is very friendly. If anything is a bit "bland" is the morning breakfast, but there are quite a few places nearby to go to eat. Definitely will use again if I come this way again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place feels new, maybe because it was so clean. Microwaves and fridges in room, which we love. No bathtub, as a nod to modern design, I suppose. Nice fitness center and decent indoor pool (no hot tub). The location gives you plenty of eating options with a few being walkable. Very happy with our stay. Breakfast was probably the low point...it was just okay. Would walk to Mimi's Cafe in future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City North Quail Springs
Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City ...
#19 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.5 of 5 stars 362 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites OKC North - Quail Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites OKC North...
#35 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.0 of 5 stars 248 reviews
Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City - Quail Springs
Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City ...
#42 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.5 of 5 stars 133 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North (Quail Springs)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#25 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.5 of 5 stars 257 reviews
Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail
Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma Ci...
#91 of 148 in Oklahoma City
3.5 of 5 stars 74 reviews
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Quail Springs
SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City ...
#76 of 148 in Oklahoma City
4.0 of 5 stars 138 reviews

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Oklahoma City Quail Springs? Share your experiences!