“Roaches and Gun Fire”
Review of Isola Bella

Isola Bella
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I booked this room on Groupon for a little getaway for me and my husband.
The photos we viewed on groupon and the website for Isola Bella are certainly an outstanding representation of a not so outstanding establishment.

The room itself was clean and the furniture was nice and looked new. The couch was basically a love seat big enough for 2, even though our room a 2 bedroom for 4 people. The appliances were new and spotless. The bathroom was clean, however only provided 2 towels for 4 people.
The blinds and drapes in the sitting area and both bedrooms were broken and wouldn't close.
We also shared our room with a rather large family of roaches. They have a significant roach problem.
This complex is also located and backs up to some questionable areas and other complexes. At about 1 am my husband and I were woken up by shouts and semi automatic gunfire that sounded very close.
This was the first time I have stayed somewhere that it was more appealing to leave and lose the money spent on the room than to stay the night. If you choose to stay here make sure you use the deadbolt and chain.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank ValindaKH
David C M, General Manager at Isola Bella, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

We regret you had a less than desirable stay with us. We do, as a routine, keep our property sprayed for pests. All apartments have been inspected and we are pest free. We appreciate your feedback so that we may know how are guests are feeling. Your comments are taken to heart and we strive to take any steps necessary to improve.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I live only an hour and a half from Oklahoma City but we needed to getaway and found isola Bella. It was wonderful. It was almost like staying at a resort because there was a lot to do so we could've just stayed there for the weekend but we ventured out and it is very close to tons of shopping and eating places. The staff was excellent and very helpful the only bad thing was that we didn't get to stay long enough! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Yes, we do have a lot of things to do here. We can't wait to have you back again so you can try out the rest of our amenities!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This place was great. The staff was very friendly & accommodating. We take a lot of road trips around the country & the ammenities at this place were more than some of the 4 or 5 star hotels we've stayed at, from the fully furnished rooms including the kitchen with pots & pans to cook full meals, to the 5 or 6 pools (I lost count) tennis courts, boxing ring, weights, basketball court, fishing, even a dog park. They even do mani's, pedi's and massages!! We're definetly coming back to stay here when the ballpark is filled w/ snow for tubing. We can't wait!!

Room Tip: If you don't mind walking up steps, get a room on the 2nd floor. The neighbors we had above us...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

And we can't wait to have you back! The ballpark is open for tubing so we should expect to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a great place to stay, just about 15 mins from the zoo. Close to restraunts and the mall. Would like to take all of the kids and grandkids to stay here next year. Only draw back was the matresses. But will use this place again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
David C M, General Manager at Isola Bella, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

It certainly does not take long to get to the zoo from our location. We are also close by many other shops, restaurants, attractions. For future reference of our guests, we do offer mattress toppers for those with different sleep preferences and comfort levels.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our trip to OKC was not to be a very happy occasion as we were visiting my son who is incarcerated.... But the people at this hotel, the apts., grounds and food were awesome. It was just one less thing to worry about, knowing that we would come back to a very clean, comfortable room... My daughter in law and my granddaughter were with us.. And my granddaughter made friends with the web footed greeters and enjoyed the fantastic breakfast every morning we were there. This is the place to stay when visiting this city and we will most surely stay again.... Thank you so much!!

• Stayed: September 2013

Our staff thanks you and your family for staying with us. Next time you stay with us we will welcome you again with our clean and comfortable rooms.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was my first family trip outside Jordan, and I was worried little bit about the environment to my 3 kids, for examble , to what extent they will feel safe !!, the problem was after going home back, one of my kids took more than a week to feel safe in home, and he always said Isola bella is better than our home, believe me this is our experience thier.
We were thier for 3 weeks, the appartment was clean and attractive. It took us no more than 48 hours to feel like in home, my stay thier for mor than 20 days gave me the opportunity to knew the staff very well and I don't know how to use my English to express myself , but I can say as a visitor from outside US, one of the best things I ever did in the states is being at Isola Bella.
Is there anything that I didn't like thier? Yes, It was the poor WiFi connectivity, and they told me that the technical team is in thier way to solve it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We are so pleased we were able to provide you and your family a safe and positive experience here in the U.S. You are always welcome here!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Reading one of the bad reports on this place prompted me to send in my review. I think some people just have to write bad reviews of everyplace! Our only complaint would be the big dog that met us in the courtyard. Our 10 "cousinettes" had a get together here and it was a wonderful place! It's not fancy but cute and was very clean and handy with the kitchen, great beds, ceiling fans over beds, flat screen TV in living area and both bedrooms, several swimming pools, & full gymnasium! We had a wonderful Brunch w/view of the cute bridge over the branch of Lake Hefner (we used this for picture taking). It was a gated hotel with combination lock for safety. The people who checked us in and out were Great and gave us some discount coupons for future staying which we gave as gifts to people that REALLY ENJOYED them also and have stayed since many times. Our "Living Social.Com" price was outstanding and we look forward to staying again soon. We have given these as gifts again recently with the confidence that our friends will enjoy them as much as we did! Thanks Isola Bella and Living Social.Com. for giving us a taste of this Hidden Treasure!

Room Tip: If you want no steps ask for ground floor because if you ask for lowest floor you go down three or f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your thoughts about Isola Bella. We certainly appreciate you passing the word around about us. Word of mouth referrals are always a wonderful compliment!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oklahoma City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City at Northwest Expressway
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#48 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Hampton Inn Oklahoma City-Northwest
Hampton Inn Oklahoma City-Northw...
#26 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City North (Quail Springs)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#24 of 151 in Oklahoma City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City-Bethany
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City NW Expressway/Warr Acres
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma ...
#58 of 151 in Oklahoma City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City NW Expwy
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma ...
#30 of 151 in Oklahoma City

Been to Isola Bella? Share your experiences!