“Low Income Apartments”

Isola Bella
Dallas, Texas
“Low Income Apartments”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Spend your money elsewhere! This is nothing but a low income apartment complex that is located in an old and scary part of town. Staff is not friendly and it seemed they had no idea how to do their job! Not to mention that during our arrival I guess an employee was being talked to and the manager was speaking very rude to the employee and not professional at all. Not something a guest should hear. When we finally got to our apartment we were a bit scared. There was homeless looking people outside our unit. They smelled and it was very unsettling to us. We walked in our unit and it smelled like old mold. Parts of the ceiling was bulging down. Some of the furniture was broke too. We did not feel comfortable eating the food due to our first impressions. The next day we checked out and thank goodness we did. We were walking outside and besides the homeless looking people walking and strolling around in wheelchairs there was gangster looking people too. People do not waste your money as you will be very upset.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank J S
David C M, Manager at Isola Bella, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Isola Bella takes seriously all comments and concerns, using such observations for training and improvements. To address your comments, Isola Bella is located in a very middle class area of OKC (a university president lives across the street). Of course in winter time everything looks kind of bleak with no leaves and dormant Bermuda grass. Our Guest Services, Concierge, and Courtesy Patrol staff are trained to insure our guests’ comfort and convenience. And I can categorically state there are no homeless people hanging around. Perhaps you are speaking of our registered guests from the OKC VA Hospital. These guests, who served with honor in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, might be slower and confined to wheelchairs, but they are really a great bunch of people and keep our staff and guests entertained with their stories in the Pavilion where complimentary, freshly cooked breakfast and supper meals are served. Isola Bella is proud to be a host lodging provider for VA patients and hold in high regards those who have served our country.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here 6 weeks. The VA paid for it otherwise I would have left after the first day. It is a "gated" community but the gates dont lock and people jump the fences or squeeze through where fences are broke all the time.
My kitchen/dining room smells like a used litter box- literally. I complained to the office a couple of times and the smell remained. When the AC or heater kicked on the room smelled like someone was sitting next to me smoking cigarettes.
The rooms and kitchen are fully furnished but the beds are uncomfortable, the water tastes like PVC pipe and you can hear every word your neighbor says.
At one point Isola Bella said I would have to leave in the middle of the week and stay at a hotel somewhere else because they were too full. I complained and all they could say was "I'm sorry" and then after three days of planning for the move they called and said "Oh you don't have to go to the hotel now"
Some of the office staff are unbelievably rude.
The gym is ghetto. They have tread mills but NONE of the tread mills go the speed they read. Almost all of them slip and one shocks you everytime you try to speed it up. About half the weight bars are bent. Many of the dumb bells are not tight and/or are missing partners. Some of the gym employees (trainers?) are teritorial and possesive of some of the equipment- especially the straight bars. I have also witnessed rude racial remarks from a couple of them. I have seen better "gyms" in the remote areas of Afghanistan- not an exageration.
The grounds are trashy. The pond/lake is cluttered with debris including plastic chairs, buckets, plastic bags, and garbage cans.
The dining facility does provide descent food. However, there is a cook there who seems to hate his job and readly reveals it in his attitude towards the customers. Additionally, it is wise to have quick access to a restroom after eating the food. On more occassions than not I have left the facility with my belly bubbling.
They provide a courtesy ride to the VA Hospital. However the driver may leave 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time or arrive 20 minutes after, its a waiting game. The biggest problem is most people who take the courtesy ride are either elderly- ages 60 on up- and/or are in poor health. These vets are crammed into a van that a younger, healthier person would require effort to access the back seat. There is a larger bus availible but the driver doesnt like to drive the bus. He would rather take the small van with no suspension.
Lastly, the grounds, parking lots, and hall ways are littered wth duck feces. Also many tenants have pets and apparently some think they dont have to clean up after their pets, so beware of the dog and cat feces as well.
I definitely do not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay
5 Thank roland k
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Friendly service, gates and safe, beautiful surroundings. The check in was fast and friendly and the room was immaculate with all the comforts of home. Loved the pools, surrounding lake, pavilions and walking trails! Everything we need was in the apartment.!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Ledivagwendyl
David C M, General Manager at Isola Bella, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to compliment us. This is what our guests have come to know and love about Isola Bella.
Middleton, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at Isola Bella (IB) for 8 weeks during FAA Terminal School. Overall, my experience was very good. The staff is fantasic...a great group of ladies at the Pavillion and the Welcome Center. The food at the Pavillion is good and they provide a good variety. It's not a 5-star restaurant, but I was never disappointed with the food. For dinner we would have Mexican, Italian, American and the Salad Bar is pretty good. Breakfast was very good and always plenty of fresh fruit. Breakfast is not one of those skimpy continental meals, but a hardy meal. Biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, cereal, bagels...just to name a few items. I didn't have a car with me and the use of their new and low mile courtesy cars was great for quick errands to the store, bank, etc. The rooms leave a little to be desired; however, they are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Welcome Center and I believe the Executive rooms are the same price as...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sean B
David C M, General Manager at Isola Bella, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed our complimentary food and courtesy cars. Our chefs and staff thank you for your comments regarding the food and staff at the Welcome Center and Pavilion. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you as our guest again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had an unexpected business venture come up which required me to come to use Isola Bella's hotel. Room was nice, clean with flat screen TV's, food was hearty but most importantly a toilet (plumbing) issue came up which could have been an issue but I was immediately and courteously assisted by maintenance personal Derek who went out of his way to fix my problem! In addition he acually took the time to ask me if I had any other issues that needed to be addressed and I appreciate his genuine concern for making my experience suitable while checking back to make sure things were still operating. There's nothing like having to wait for a maintenance guy to fix your problem! I will definitely choose to stay here again because my needs were met and I appreciate the hospitality. Isola Bella rocks!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
David C M, General Manager at Isola Bella, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Fantastic! Thank you so much! You can expect this kind of service not from just Derek, but all of our staff members. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment him and our property. Isola Bella always strives not to just meet our guests expectations but to exceed our guests expectations.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Isola Bella was a great place to stay when I traveled to Oklahoma City for work. The apartments were a great size, the staff was so nice and helpful, and the rooms and property were very clean. I stayed there for school for 8 weeks and had no issues at all with the rooms or staff. The food was good, the transportation was always on time, and the staff always made sure that they accommodated all of my needs and wants. I would definitely stay at Isola Bella again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are about 20 driving minutes north of the FAA academy. During busy hours, it can take you 30...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. This is exactly what we strive for for all of our guests. We thank you and hope to see you back this way again at Isola Bella.
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The kitchen had nice cabinets with granite counter tops, new tile through out (though the craftsmanship was of poor quality in the shower), there were some type of holes that were poorly covered by the carpet in the bedroom and could be felt dramatically through the carpet. The biggest complaint I had was the bed. While the furnishings are very nice, the mattress was HORRIBLE! I didn't sleep at all. The location is excellent and close to lots of restaurants.

Overall, I would only stay here again if I brought my own air mattress or a 6" foam top or something. It doesn't matter how things look if you are unable to sleep!

2 Thank Melissa H
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do that know that our guests do have different sleeping preferences. Therefore, for our guests comfort we do offer foam toppers per our guests request. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again in the future.