“great time”

Isola Bella
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“great time”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I had a great time here. Isola Bella is colse to my job, and any needs that i requested were met. Also the people here were very welcoming and made me feel like home, and Hydi Gibson is great she is very frendly. I will be look to stay here again when I come back to Oklahoma City.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank roderick f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 26, 2011

The staff has been extremely responsive to any constructive criticism and I believe my opinion matters to them. The food has been great lately, including items that you would love to serve to your own family. The ice cream machine is a hit when it is working. Hosting UFC fights is an amenity that you will not find anywhere else. Real coffee is a requirement your company needs to fulfill. Guests love their coffee! Hours of meals need to be posted regularly since they frequently change i.e. breakfast. The renovations that your company is currently undertaking is welcomed and your guests are thankful. Overall, Isola Bella is a great place to visit and live and your occupants are excited to see what is in store.
Erica is very friendly and cheerful. Darren works very, very hard. Lisa is very concerned about the company's/guest's progress.

Very respectfully,

Alex Young

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Young1202
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed August 24, 2011

As I write this review, I really thought about doing it, but then I looked at my pictures and Knew I had to do it.

First let me tell you, I have stayed at Isola Bella before and I immediately fell in love with the place. When I stayed in August of 2010, it was the spur-of–the-moment and I needed a place to stay while transporting my daughter across country. She was in a bad accident and needed to travel by car. I figured we would move slowly and stop and visit family along the way. We stopped in Oklahoma at Isola Bella after reading reviews and viewing pictures I knew it was the place for us and my daughter’s puppy, so my husband drove us there. They provided us with a two-bedroom apartment, along with dishwasher and washer-dryer, armoires and TVs in each bedroom, a clean and spotless bathroom, meals included for all visitors and an overall modern, stylish and elegant look to the apartment. If you visit the website, you will see great pix of the development. For the price, it was way more than one could ask.

Shoot to this year August 2011– what a mess!!!!!
First, the check-in person gave us the key to the wrong room and we had to return to the office. Oh, it was not the wrong room – “just the wrong number”, as our check-in person said. We had the right key, just the wrong room number on the key card! Go back to the room.
Once inside, we discovered things changed.The bath curtains were dirty, gone were the washer and dryer, I could not find matching lamps in the whole place. As a matter-of-fact, there was only one lamp in the living room. It is not that lamps are important, but I was beginning to get the feeling that this was a makeshift room, with furniture tossed in to accept guests.There were only two chairs in the dining room. There were broken blinds in the bedroom and a scraped and chipped bathtub. The armoires were gone and an empty space was where they used to be. The air conditioner turned off and on throughout the night and if you are a light sleeper, like I am, you would awaken every time. If you are wondering why we stayed, we traveled from New Jersey, taking in the scenery and reveling in the excitement of seeing our family. We were too tired to fight!! The room was clean and had beds to sleep in. It had a stove and a fridge for our food. We knew the area and its surroundings from last year’s visit.
I waited one year to return to the Isola Bella hotel. I could not wait to get back.

So as for coming back in 2012, don't look for me anymore. I can tell when I am not wanted!!!!!

Room Tip: I would hate to believe that they discriminate when it comes to guests, so the best bet is to be ver...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Chachev
MyIsolaBella, General Manager at Isola Bella, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
At Isola Bella, our goal is to provide affordable room nights while providing our guests an outstanding list of amenities. Isola Bella was actually very pleased when we were able to remove the Armoires, which contained the old tube style TV's and wall mounted new 32" flat panel TV's! Much time has been spent on upgrading our furnishings, including new leather sleeper sofas and recliners, and in the case of this particular room, upgraded marble topped occassional tables, desks. and dining room tables. While the dining room set did include only two chairs, this was intentionial due to size restrictions, and a pub style marble topped dining room table was chosen. Should any guest need addtional seating or sleeping arrangements, Front Desk Associates will be glad to assist in this.

Isola Bella wants all of our guests to have a wonderful experience while staying with us, and have very much empowered our associates to deliver that to you!
Toronto
Reviewed July 3, 2011

If you don't mind relieving your days spent in residence; or what looks, feels and smells like that basement apartment you may have started out in, this is the place!

This is a mixed use facility with short and long term rentals, as well as the "hotel stay" option. First the positive: the price is cheaper than any of the other hotel/motel chains in the area (which is in the suburbs north of Oklahoma City"). Both breakfast and dinner are included. The grounds are picturesque, you have the use of a fitness facility, a pool in your "complex" and all manner of restaurants and shopping are a short drive away. You have a full kitchen to use in your two bedroom "condo". The staff are very friendly. No extra charge for parking.

The negative: your first red flag comes up when you notice there is no phone in your room. In fact, none of the guest "condos" have phones. This forces you to use your cell phone and use up roaming minutes for any local calls, like say, phoning the front desk! Also, the little things like a hair dryer, kleenex, are missing. (I don't mean they weren't placed in the bathroom; there was no hook up for the dryer or rough in for the kleenex box). We had what was advertised as a two bedroom condo. The buildings, and subsequently the living quarters are outdated and not built or designed very well. You've got a lot of quirky things that are too numerous to list (ie, no soap dish or ledge in the shower; no room to sit on the toilet without the toilet paper holder sticking in your side, etc). Our place smelled of smoke and mold. While it is advertised as no smoking, no amount of paint is going to get what is probably a decade's worth of smoke out of those walls. The food is cafeteria grade at best; and if you don't come before 8 a.m. or 7 p.m., you can be looking at slim pickens. Each building complex has a pool. Nice touch. But we had to share ours with ducks, which are everywhere on the grounds.(They do give the place character!) While the internet is free, the wireless is weak; so you have to rent an ethernet cable for $5 from the front desk.

I think the Christmas tree in the Welcome Centre all decorated in 4th of July paraphenalia probably sums up our stay best.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper level
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TorontoRick
oklahoma city,oklahoma
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This place smells horrible. There is dog poop everwhere. Melissa the property manager looks like a strung out methhead, everywhere I went she was smoking cigarettes even at the nice pavillion pool around babies. I have never stayed at a hotel/motel where I see a manager dressed in goodwill clothes and not a uniform. Do not stay here!!! Spend your money elsewhere. The location seems very ghetto also, thugs walkin round everywhere. When I went to the 7-11 there was a grown man trying to fight a small woman cashier for not loading his phone minutes right! Crazy.

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank pheelgrateful
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I was here for 3 nights in March 2001. It was supposed to be seven. My experience here was nothing but bad. I had no hot water for the first three days. I notified the office on day one and when I returned that evening a note was left by the maintenance department confirming that I had no hot water, but also stated "Sorry, Unable to fix at this time." When I call the office and complained, instead of switching me apartments, they sent another maintenance person to fix. He was here over an hour and claimed "all fixed", which was true at the moment, but when I got up to take a shower in the morning.. again, no hot water. This continued until finally the were able to get me luke warm water.

This is gated complex, which would seem nice, except the gate card they gave me did not work. Each day I had to stop by the office and they would give me a new gate key. After two days, I made the front desk person go out and try the key first.. he had to try seven keys before he found one that would work.

The "wireless internet" does not work. The mbps speed was so slow (5.5 mbps), that Internet Explorer, kept kicking me offline. The front desk suggested I try the hardline, but the jack in my room was broken. If you arrive afer 9pm at night, you had to park blocks away from your room.

I finally checked out early and then they tried to charge me more than my reservation quoted.

If y

This place is a joke. All staff are young and really don;t care. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank illini_guy7763
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Stayed for a week while in OKC for horse show. Was definitely worth the money and much more comfortable than a hotel, less expensive too! The grounds of the complex were clean and furnishings were simple but fine. Were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast several mornings but never made it back in time for dinner. Food was decent and plentiful. Although the in-suite washer and dryer leave a little to be desired, they are pretty OK for small loads. Plus, there was a laundry facility just across the parking lot that we were able to use free of charge. Basically went home with all clean clothes because we were able to wash and dry about 8 loads of laundry in approx two hours. Only complaint would be that I made my reservation online and reserved a 2-bedroom 2-bathroom. Unfortunately, we were only given a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom. When I went back to the check-in area, I was told that all of the 2-bedroom, 2 bathroom suites were rented and that there was nothing they could do. An adjustment to my bill would have been nice but I guess life goes on. All in all, everyone was friendly and helpful, although seeming a little confused at times, and facility as a whole was perfect for what we needed and expected. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family