“Nice choice on Meridian”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #72 of 159 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have made the rounds of many of these airport hotels on Meridian. This new Fairfield is the clear winner at this point. Clean, comfy, free of road noise large selection of free breakfast stuff, good mattresses. Staff was friendly and helpful. We used the indoor pool and spa, which were fine, but not large enough to swim laps. More for the kids to splash in. Ask for a room facing the river and watch the egrets roost in the evening (but we couldn't hear them, don't worry!) you could walk to a few restaurants or drive to a number of choices. It took me 8 minutes to reach the rowing venue adjacent to brick town on the weekend. Good for a sports team.

Room Tip: Facing the river is nice
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I selected this hotel for a business trip because I had an early flight out of OKC. The hotel itself is not too close to the airport. Thank goodness I had a rental car and didn't have to wait fo the shuttle, which runs every 30 minutes. There are restaurants around the hotel but would be at least a five minute walk either way. My room itself was OK, but it faced the river which not a particularly pleasant view. The staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Calvynz
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

The room had a slight locker-room smell to it. Can't complain too much since it wasn't enough to bother me, & I have to assume they would've moved me to a better room if I' d asked (I didn't). Pool & hot tub closed the 3 nights I was there, reportedly due to "chlorine levels in the water" or something like that. Exercise room has all machines facing away from TV on wall. Machines do have individual small TVs, but the one on the elliptical (the one I use) didn't work.
Pluses:
All employees were very friendly, & there are lots of restaurants nearby - several within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed here one night due to the close proximity to the airport and an early flight. Unfortunately, the area around the OKC airport is in desperate need for nice hotel accommodations. I know the airport area is an older part of OKC so when I saw a fairly new hotel close by the airport, I booked right away. Big Mistake! We should've just gotten up early and driven the two hours since we couldn't sleep anyway.
This hotel is one of the worst we have ever stayed in. It's for sure the worst Marriott. It was dirty, worn out (strange for a newer hotel) and smelly! The walls need paint!! The beds were very uncomfortable! We were also left puzzled about the strange layout of the room. There is a large empty space on the wall where a couch would fit, and not a single picture hung on the wall. This is how two rooms looked, so normal for them I guess. We got to see two rooms because we had to request a second room when the first one smelled of a strong mildew odor. The second smelled better, but not much. It smelled of mildew also.
I like nice things, but I am not unreasonable in my expectations of a Fairfield Inn since I've stayed in many. This one is a real shame to the Marriott name!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank justtrippinok
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was under the impression that the professional staff who work at hotels were trained in the "hospitality" field. Apparently, that is not necessarily true. From the time we checked in and were "greeted" by the robot-like person behind the front desk throughout our weekend stay we got the impression the staff would prefer we were elsewhere. No smiles, greetings or any indication that we were their guests. At most Marriott properties you're at least treated as if you're welcome. I destroyed my rewards card and will choose another brand from now on.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim K
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Fairfield Inn staff were warm and professional in handling a last-minute reservation. The property is well-maintained and the room was spotless. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, delicious, and well-managed by a two-person "food crew". Kudos also for the shuttle staff to get me to the airport. Well Done! And Highly Recommended for anyone needing an easy, convenient stay close to OKC.

Room Tip: Fairfield Inn has taken the "next step" for customer service by linking in to a "Room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed there one night while attending our grand daughter's swim meet. Hotel is newer and the decor is very pleasant.
One housekeeping issue was that the stainless doors inside and out of the elevator were very smudged and needed to be cleaned . And the narrow track on the floor as you get into the elevator needed to be vacuumed out.
The room was clean.
Breakfast was typical and adequate.

There was a problem with the chemical mix in the hot tub and several people in our group had breathing issues and throat swelling. One child with asthma needed an inhaler treatment. because of it. When brought to the attention of the desk attendant there she kind of brushed them off.
Had it not been for this issue I would have rated this hotel higher.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family