“A bit noisy but good service and food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Iguana Mexican Grill
Ranked #85 of 1,627 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Fairfax, VA
“A bit noisy but good service and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This family-style restaurant served us a good salad and a combination plate. Servings were large. Judging by the crowded floor and tables pretty close to each other, it's very popular, though quite noisy - not the place for a romantic date. The service was very good.

Visited May 2013

usa
“Was even ok for someone who doesn't like Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came here as part of a business lunch and had the 1/2 chicken quesadilla. Just the right amount of food and no beans or jalapenos in sight! Was too noisy for good conversation, though--all hard surface walls and high ceilings.

Visited June 2013
“Great Parking and Awesome Decor, Everything Else Sucks.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

There was plenty of parking which was a pleasant surprise. Our waiter was incredibly rude though. He took half of the drink orders then disappeared. He quickly dropped those off and disappeared despite attempts to flag him down. We had to grab another waitress to get the rest. We decided to forgo any appetizers after this experience. The food came out and it was mediocre at best. My spinach and mushroom quesadillas were so greasy that it soaked through my cloth napkin. The spinach leaves were whole and they were jammed into random locations. Some were still very raw. My friend said her enchilada was good but took one bite of her black beans and was done. She said they tasted terrible. The waiter never came back to check on us during our meal. I was sadly disappointed by this experience and would not recommend it to anyone. The restaurant is really neat though. Perhaps grab a drink at the bar and check out the inside just avoid the food!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
OKC
“One of the best in OKC.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

L.O.V.E. this place. Great food, nice facility, plenty of parking. Friendly servers. Clean restrooms. A+

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. much better places to go than here in downtown okc.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My fiancee and I went to iguana grill for the first time tonight with high expectations. We have heard many good things about it, and thought we would give it a try. The second we walked in I was not pleased. The host ignored us and immediately sat a couple that walked in after us. Every female server that walked by had her chest hanging out. I came to eat, not look at breasts. Once we got sat, my side plate was dirty as was my fiancees'. Pushing the plates aside, we got our chips, which were extremely greasy and stale. They must have been.hours old and at the bottom of the pile. The fact you have to pay for queso kind of threw me off since, you know, it's a Mexican restaurant. That's just expected to come with salsa. Our waiter seemed like he didn't much care about us. Maybe since we are younger he thought we wouldnt tip and he shouldn't spend much time on us. I was a server at the park avenue grill, we know how to tip, and we also know the proper way to treat paying customers. We got our food, everything was wrong. I asked for a chicken plate, I got steak. My fiancee ordered two sides both of which were wrong. He asked for a double order of rice, and received fruit and beans. Now, had our server come back to check on us, refill our drinks, anything, we could have gotten it corrected but he was no where to be found. Our drinks sat empty. Our food was wrong, we couldn't spot one manager on duty. It was pathetic service. Not only was the service bad but the food was terrible. My rice literally tasted like a nair salon smells. My steak was cold and chewy, his chicken was cold and fatty. It was just a sad excuse for an "award winning" establishment. I have not one clue why anyone would be a repeat customer. Don't waste your time or money. Drive a few blocks to la Luna, where they treat their customers with respect and cook great food to your liking.

• 2 of 5 bubbles