“adequate, probably needs some updating/renovations”

Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore
Ranked #74 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Ozark, Missouri
“adequate, probably needs some updating/renovations”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on a Saturday night, following an OU game down in Norman. Traffic and proximity-wise, it worked out pretty well and it's also close to a couple fast food places if you're hungry after the game.

Positives: Room was clean and my friend was able to get a decent rate, he said, directly through the Days Inn' website. The facility has free parking, free wifi as well as free hot/continental breakfasts, available until 9:30 a.m. I also noticed there's an onsite laundry.

Negatives: Beds were very hard and generally uncomfortable, my biggest complaint. The room was a little dated and needs some minor repairs (a standing lamp has a broken switch to the point you can plug it in to turn it on, or unplug it to turn it off, as an example). I also noticed what I assumed was a broken tv just sitting out in a breezeway.

While some of the area didn't look that great aesthetically, we noticed upon check-in, although it ended up being quiet and generally felt safe. Not my favorite place I've stayed at but it served its purpose and is worth some consideration if you're going to a big OU event and don't want to stay in Norman.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Your review is greatly appreciated. When those who have stayed at the property write reviews it helps others looking for a hotel in the area to know what is available and what they are like. We appreciate all of your comments and always take them seriously. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Coweta
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I checked into the room at 9:30 in the evening. The room smelled really musty but didn't really look dirty. When I started to go to bed I turned down the comforter and there was a cricket in my bed under the comforter. I realized that crickets are really bad right now, so decided to go ahead and stay. The next morning when I got up I saw another cricket on the floor. Again was not real surprised. However, when I went into the bathroom I saw a very small black bug up against the wall. I thought it was dead. I used a tissue to get it up and it started trying to get away. I started looking around the room and found at least a dozen small bugs like it around the edges of the room. I immediately got dressed and left without a shower or any breakfast as all those bugs really creeped me out. I did tell the front desk clerk about them so they could spray and was told they could have moved me to another room after I found the cricket the night before. And thanks for the information. That was it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

govsuites, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Oklahoma City/Moore, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We are sorry that your experience was not good. The clerk was correct in that had you let them know they would have moved you. Crickets are a problem this time of year as our other bugs and though we try to keep them out.
Poteau, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 20, 2013

As a front desk clerk at another Days Inn, I've gotta say this place is exactly what I've come to expect out of the chain. Very clean, friendly, and accommodating. Will definitely keep in my next time I make a trip to the OKC area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you very nice review. It is our goal to provide the best service possible to all our guests. Reviews like this show that we are on the right road.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2013

In town for hockey tournament across the street. Room was spacious and CLEAN, which was important for me as I usually stay at nicer property. Location is easy to access from freeway. Not a great location for restaurants. Only negatives is there is no elevator for a 3 story hotel and there was no fruit served with he free breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a 1st floor room.