“Kara the Waitress is the Platinum Standard of Great Service”

Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,641 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Park Avenue Grill is steeped in the heritage of Oklahoma City's iconic Skirvin hotel. Through the restoration process of the restaurant we uncovered several elements of the original 1930 Skirvin Coffee Shop. Be sure to check out the carefully preserved architecture of the art deco geometric and floral designs of the tile wainscot as well as the hand-laid tile floor that continues the art deco theme throughout the restaurant. This historical craftsmanship is why at Park Avenue Grill we pride ourselves on being different. The roots of our cuisine lay in the food memories of our youth and the travels and experiences of our journey as cooks. Our menu is a modern approach to the Southern Table. We start with the best local, seasonal produce available, the purest farmed animals and the historic foodstuffs that have defined this local landscape for generations. We then look at all these ingredients and traditions through a lens that is global, technical and provocative. It is the differences that show how good foods everywhere are bridged together in their likeness. "The southern table is intrinsically connected to the garden and farm and the new and novel concept of farm to table was the status quo for much of history. By observing the seasonality of the products we serve and treating them simply with respect, we promote the bounty of the southern table and that preserves the traditions and recipes of the past that ties us to our unique cultural heritage", says Christopher Pope, Executive Chef. We welcome you to our modern southern table that provides a place to talk, share and laugh. It ensures that we have to take a moment to hear one another and that we are not alone in a fast and busy world or a slow and dreary one.
Nirvana
“Kara the Waitress is the Platinum Standard of Great Service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Kara the blonde, sweet, smart, lovely waitress is what you want every time you go to a restaurant...and she is in a HOTEL restaurant where things quite often have lowered expectations.. Had breakfast and returned for lunch....she fixed a small problem quickly and her suggestions were on target. Hire a zillion more like her! I will be back tomorrow morning!

• Visited March 2014
paul w, Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear honored guests,

Thank you so much for your recent visit and kind words about our wait person Kara and her excellent work. We are proud of all she does and look forward to your next visit. We are saving a table in Kara's section for you so please feel free to call and I will set up the reservation personally.

Yukon, Oklahoma
“Good food with nice atmosphere”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary. Restaurant is located in historic Skirvin hotel. Complimentary valet parking is available when dining. We were greeted and seated by the hostess. Our waiter was Michael who did a very good job of describing chef special. His service was attentive and prompt. My wife had the steak and frites. The steak was cooked properly and tasty. The fries were very good as well. I had the crisped salmon and it was very good. The wine list was extensive and the bottle of wine we shared was good. I would recommend if you want classy dining surrounded by history.

• Visited March 2014
Dear anniversary guests,

Thank you so much for your recent visit and kind words about our wait person Michael and the culinary staff and their excellent work. We are proud of all they do and look forward to an excellent upcoming Easter event, we hope you can join us again.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Five Star Treatment”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate one of the most delicious meals here at the Park Avenue Grill. Michael was our server and he did a phenomenal job. We had the manager of the restaurant walk by a few times as well to make sure everything went smoothly. That is great service not to mention the Calamari is absolutely to die for. I definitely recommend eating in the grill if you have a chance.

• Visited February 2014
Dear honored guests,

Thank you so much for your recent visit to the Park Avenue Grill and kind words about our wait person Michael and the culinary staff and their excellent work. We are proud of all they do and look forward to an excellent upcoming Easter event, we'd love for you to join us.

Norman, Oklahoma
“Excellent hotel restaurant”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Staying in okc for the night we decided to try the restaurant in the hotel. Normally hotel restaurants are not on our do list except in France

Overall a grand surprise ! I had short rib meat over mashed potToes and it was done perfectly. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her braised salmon. The wine list was ok with a number of wines by the glass. If you stay at the Skirvin there is no reason to go elsewhere

paul w, Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Dave from Norman,

Thank you so much for your recent visit and kind words about our culinary staff and their excellent work. We are proud of all they do and look forward to an excellent upcoming Valentine’s event. You commented on the wine list, we are just about to update our list and your comments and suggestions would be much appreciated. Please give me a shout at the hotel and we can discuss the latest offerings.

We like to keep our honored guests favorite wines in stock for their visits and certainly want to make sure you are represented on our list. In Vino Veritas and best regards,

Chestnutridge, Missouri
“Delicious food and fancy environment Not kids Favorite”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I thought the atmosphere was awesome. Very elegant and fancy feel. Menu can be a bit pricey, but all around for where this is and the environment it wasn't horrible. I have had much worse. I ate this big burger will chili and jalapenos. If you are thinking it sound horrible - my wife felt the same way. It was a pretty good burger. Certainly filled me up and cost less than 20 bucks. My wife had some massive salad creation that she enjoyed just fine. Typical fancy salad with a bunch of stuff that looked like it came from the garden. Kids were tough here. I will say that this is not an ideal place for kids, in my opinion. Aside from nothing on the menu seeming like anything they had ever heard of, it was a big gamble to get a $20+ meal and hope they would like it. So we went with mashed potatoes, their fries and green beans. I got a plain burger shared it between the 2 of them. It worked, but there are better options when traveling with children. Good place for a date night or special occasion.

Visited October 2013
Good afternoon Mr. Andrew C. And family,

Thank you for your comments about our wonderful hotel. We try to tailor each experience to our guests and it sounds like we will be redirecting some of our focus to being more kid friendly. I am new to the Skirvin and appreciate your comments. I will get with our Chef and see what we can put together for a fantastic children’s menu and relay your comments. Hopefully, this is something you could try on your visit.

We do accommodate all special requests possible and should’ve worked with our kitchen team to get the kids something they would enjoy and that you would be comfortable with. We do make wonderful pizzas which might have proved a good option.

In closing, the Skirvin is close to all sorts of good entertainment options for the family. Our indoor pool is something families enjoy as well. We look forward to serving your family again and hope we better meet your needs.

Best regards and many Thanks,