“Really great breakfast buffet”

Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,695 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Park Avenue Grill is steeped in the heritage of Oklahoma City's iconic Skirvin hotel. Through the restoration process of the restaurant we uncovered several elements of the original 1930 Skirvin Coffee Shop. Be sure to check out the carefully preserved architecture of the art deco geometric and floral designs of the tile wainscot as well as the hand-laid tile floor that continues the art deco theme throughout the restaurant. This historical craftsmanship is why at Park Avenue Grill we pride ourselves on being different. The roots of our cuisine lay in the food memories of our youth and the travels and experiences of our journey as cooks. Our menu is a modern approach to the Southern Table. We start with the best local, seasonal produce available, the purest farmed animals and the historic foodstuffs that have defined this local landscape for generations. We then look at all these ingredients and traditions through a lens that is global, technical and provocative. It is the differences that show how good foods everywhere are bridged together in their likeness. "The southern table is intrinsically connected to the garden and farm and the new and novel concept of farm to table was the status quo for much of history. By observing the seasonality of the products we serve and treating them simply with respect, we promote the bounty of the southern table and that preserves the traditions and recipes of the past that ties us to our unique cultural heritage", says Christopher Pope, Executive Chef. We welcome you to our modern southern table that provides a place to talk, share and laugh. It ensures that we have to take a moment to hear one another and that we are not alone in a fast and busy world or a slow and dreary one.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We checked out the menu and deemed it a little to expensive to not explore around the town, but the breakfast buffet was really great. Lots of choices and great quality.

1  Thank jackedlobster
MartinvdL, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Jackedlobster,
Thank you for this review as well as your hotel review on the Trip Advisor Skirvin Hilton page. We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed the experience.
We hope to see you soon. Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant for our New Year's Eve dinner as this is a nice well known hotel in OKC. We both love a nice upscale restaurant and this is what we were expecting.... but definitely not what we got! The food was very poor quality and not at all what you would expect at this type of restaurant. I ate the salmon which was not good at all and my husband had the 'upscale' chicken pot pie which was very bready and dry! I am a good cook and I hate it when I go to a restaurant in which I could have made a better meal and this was definitely the case here. This restaurant is very close to Bricktown here in downtown OKC, go to The Mantle if you are wanting a nice upscale meal for the same price!

MartinvdL, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Mia H.
Thank you for your feedback related to your dinner on New Year's Eve. We sincerely appreciate the review and I am so very sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. I wish you had spoken with one of our Managers that evening as I am sure we would have corrected immediately any of your concerns. I truly hope you would consider a return visit and experience the restaurant as it is intended.
Best wishes,

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Bring on 10 people! it was an amazing dinner and server was great and food was delicious! Calamari was one of my favorite and the artichoke. From burgers to Steak Frites was amazing. I had the pot roast was a little dry on one side but i still give a 9 out of 10.

MartinvdL, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear AleAliceNYC,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Park Avenue Grill. I am thrilled you enjoyed the experience and I appreciate the recognition of the staff and descriptions of the menu items.
We'll take a nine or ten any day. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will visit us again the next time in beautiful OKC.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I had lunch here one day while attending a business seminar in the hotel. The Scottish salmon caught my eye, so I tried that. It was delicious. Covered with a tangy glaze, and topped with a slaw made apparently from micro greens and some other things. Beside it they placed chopped edamame. The taste of all was fresh and bright.

Restaurant was clean and nice, staff was very friendly and efficient.

For the price, it would have been nice to get a salad, some wild rice, or nice bit of bread or something like that.

I would eat there again, if I had the money to spare.

MartinvdL, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Qbeing,
Thank you for your review on both this site and the Skirvin Hilton Hotel Trip Advisor page. I am glad you enjoyed both the Hotel experience and the restaurant experience as well. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and recognizing our staff.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

No dislikes. The warm bread with dinner is to die for. I had an omelet for dinner with fries. Delicious.

MartinvdL, General Manager at Park Avenue Grill - Skirvin Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your quick review as well as the more extension one on the Skirvin Hilton Trip Advisor page. We highly appreciate your terrific feedback.