“No airport shuttle as advertised”

Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #82 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
“No airport shuttle as advertised”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel primarily due to the advertising of a free 24-hr hotel shuttle to and from the airport. I called to confirm this service before booking 2 rooms.
The check-in was slow and the lady at the front desk had a hard time communicating in English. When I asked about arranging a time for the airport shuttle to take us to the airport the following morning she told me they didn't have a driver so the service wasn't available. The other lady working the front desk finally stepped in and said they would call the airport transfer service and arrange for shuttle service since this is what they advertise.
We had two rooms, 309 and 313. Upon entering room 309 the toilet was backed up. We asked for a room change and they said there were no other rooms available but they would "try to send someone up" to fix the toilet. We left for the evening and it was fixed when we got back.
The rooms are well-appointed and the service in the bar was good (the only reason I am rating this 2 stars).
Upon checking out at 5:30am the following morning there was no shuttle. The lady at the front desk said that they only run "on the hour" (this would have been nice to know the night before). When the shuttle arrived at 6am (fortunately we had allowed extra time to get to the airport because of the confusion of hotel staff) the shuttle driver told us it would be $22. After explaining to the front desk lady what had been agreed upon the evening before she told the driver to bill the hotel. When we returned from our trip a few days later the same events happened, we called the hotel to tell them we had arrived and needed the shuttle to pick us up. She said they had no shuttle or driver. We then had the airport transfer take us back to our vehicle and chose to drive back home that night instead of staying another night at this Holiday Inn.
I have never seen such confused, uninformed people working the front desk of a hotel! Stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel (just around the corner) if you want a reliable shuttle service and knowlegable hotel staff! This is where we usually stay but chose Holiday Inn because we are members their priority club and on the outside it appears to be a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your observations, and my apologies for the confusion you'd experienced with our Front Desk. Our shuttle service is available daily from 5a to 11pm (we don't have 24 hour service, nor should we have any publication suggesting that we do). When a driver is unavailable between those times, we will pay for a service to provide the transportation. So we have the shuttle, and we have a "safety net" alternative to protect us from driver's availabilty problems. I am disappointed that this was not a smooth experience, and hope you would be willing to contact me at the hotel to resolve this. It appears you had to pay for the service, and that is unacceptable, and I'm prepared to make it right. I hope you'll take the time to contact me, and I am sorry for your unfortunate experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very nice property, comprable to most Crowne Plaza's I've stayed at. Restaurant and lounge very convenient and a nice ammenity missing at many newer hotels being built. Very nicely appointed room and super comfortable bed (one of my pet peeves!). Popular restaurant and lounge selection within easy walking distance. Staff EXTREMELY kind and helpful! Good choice if your in this area.

Room Tip: North facing rooms have a nice view of the river~
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cabot M
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
We appreciate your kind remarks for the Holiday Inn - OKC Airport. I'm glad the hotel was a good fit for your needs, and we look forward to your return to the OKC area.
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Thank you Holiday Inn for making our vacation this past weekend such a wonderful experience! This hotel is beautiful with the most inviting indoor pool and Jacuzzi and beautiful clean rooms and the most welcoming staff. The hotel is near the water where a walking and bike trail is and we were fortunate to have a room that faced the view. A little disappointed that we did not have a continental breakfast, however they do have a nice restaurant and bar area.
Our stay was peaceful and quiet and no disturbances, however with the bike and walking trail it invites some unsavory passer by s that will want to approach you with a cigarette request or help with their broken down vehicle.................. A nice area, however just be aware of your surroundings. I reported the incident with the man who approached me iin the parking lot because he needed help with his broken down vehicle and the management took care of him right away............ over all, a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend and will stay there again on our next visit/

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank for staying with the Holiday Inn - OKC Airport. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel. I am pleased that your stay was pleasant, and we look forward to your return. Thank you for observations on the jogging path that follows the river behind the hotel - very scenic and peaceful, a terrific way to unwind after the day. While we are aware of the occasional questionable presence that might occur with the trail, we've never had any kind of security challenge with the traffic. I imagine you agreeing that the positives of the riverwalk greatly outways the sporadic negative, as we've received tremendous feedback on behalf of the guest's who have experienced the trail. Today's traveler is wisely security-minded, and your observations are valuable. Once again, we appreciate you sharing your experience and we hope to see you soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn in the capacity of working as a guide for a stormchase tour company. We stay in a lot of fairly grotty places, so I was pleased when one of the guests, arriving in advance of me, texted me, "This is a schmancy hotel!"--and it was. The hotel is 3 years old and feels brand-new. It overlooks a bike path. The rooms are immaculate. We had a jacuzzi in ours. There was a good breakfast for my guests, and in the Above & Beyond Category, the hotel staff let me park my vehicle in their lot while I was out in the field with my company. I signed a waiver saying the hotel was not responsible, but the front desk staff said they would watch over my vehicle, and most importantly, it was there when I got back!

Terrific place. I'll be bringing my company here again. Oh, there's Blue Bell ice cream in the lobby shop, too.

Room Tip: Our room was next to the soda machine room and initially we could hear that door shutting, but the f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
We are so pleased that your clients found the Holiday Inn - OKC Airport to be "schmancy". While I'm not used to that adjective , I've gotten alot of practice while sharing your comments with our team. We appreciate your kind remarks and we hope that our hotel continues to be a favorable retreat for the stormchasers! Thank you for your stay.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very nice hotel. Rooms are nice & new. My only disappointment was the food room service brought up. It was expensive and tasted horrible, not to mention they got several things wrong on my order.
Overall this is an awesome hotel for a very good price. I've stayed here several times now, I just don't order room service

• Stayed April 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your travels to our hotel and for your observations. While the area competitors are moving their rates up, we are making a real effort to keep our rates down by offering very appealing discounts - thank you for noticing. I am surprised by your restaurant experience as our management team recently had a great meal while testing out our room service process (of course our team likely saw the best of our food service). I am sorry for your experience and invite you to contact me so that I may offer a comfortable resolution. Your comments couldn't be more timely as we are focusing on delivering a terrific restaurant experience. Thank you.
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Brought a group of students to Oklahoma City and this hotel provided a great location for rejuvenating. The rooms were modern and clean, as well as very quiet. I was pleased with the check-in process, as we had a group and needed to check in multiple rooms. The staff worked to provide us with information, as well as our breakfast vouchers. I was a little hesitant as we were making our way to the hotel because the surrounding area is not appealing, but once we were within 3 miles of the hotel the area began to improve. The breakfast was slightly disappointing because we were there on a Sunday, and beings as this is a business hotel they only had 1 option to choose from on the "menu". This option was eggs, toast, and bacon or sausage. The food was nothing to write home about, but was not bad either-- some of my group members did state that it took them an hour to receive breakfast which seems crazy since they were only serving one meal. Other than the food complaint, this was a great hotel that was located within easy distance of desirable sights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for considering our hotel for your group. We appreciate your business and the time spent on sharing your observations about the hotel. Traveling can be difficult, and with a group it is almost guaranteed. I am pleased that our hotel was able to assist your group and make the coordinator's life a little easier. I am concerned about your breakfast experience, believing that our breakfast buffet may have been a better fit for your group - my apologies that it was not available the morning of your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will continue to look for Holiday Inn when traveling.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here 1 night while in OKC on business. It's a good location, just off Meridian & close to the highway. This is a fairly new hotel and the rooms are a generous size, nice lobby area. I didn't hang at the bar area but it looked to be buzzing on a Tuesday night.

I had the typical hotel complimentary breakfast the next morning. Never meant to set your taste buds on fire, but it's nice to get a hot coffee & something on your stomach before you face the day.

One downside is the workout room - very small & cramped. No weights, just 2 treadmills, an elliptical & bike lined up in a row. I mean, if you slid off the treadmill you'd get about a foot before you hit the wall. And it was like a sauna in there too - yuk!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn & Suites - OKC Airport, and we appreciate your observations shared about the hotel. I am pleased that we were a good fit for your travel needs. I agree that our fitness room is a little cramped, however we do provide the fitness room to try to assist guests in maintaining their fitness routine as they travel. It seems travelers aren't typically looking for free weights or intense workout equipment, and most often the equipment that we feature is the best match. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and hope you will continue to stay with us when traveling through the area.