“So thankful to this hotel.”

Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #84 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn in the capacity of working as a guide for a stormchase tour company. We stay in a lot of fairly grotty places, so I was pleased when one of the guests, arriving in advance of me, texted me, "This is a schmancy hotel!"--and it was. The hotel is 3 years old and feels brand-new. It overlooks a bike path. The rooms are immaculate. We had a jacuzzi in ours. There was a good breakfast for my guests, and in the Above & Beyond Category, the hotel staff let me park my vehicle in their lot while I was out in the field with my company. I signed a waiver saying the hotel was not responsible, but the front desk staff said they would watch over my vehicle, and most importantly, it was there when I got back!

Terrific place. I'll be bringing my company here again. Oh, there's Blue Bell ice cream in the lobby shop, too.

Room Tip: Our room was next to the soda machine room and initially we could hear that door shutting, but the f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

We are so pleased that your clients found the Holiday Inn - OKC Airport to be "schmancy". While I'm not used to that adjective , I've gotten alot of practice while sharing your comments with our team. We appreciate your kind remarks and we hope that our hotel continues to be a favorable retreat for the stormchasers! Thank you for your stay.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very nice hotel. Rooms are nice & new. My only disappointment was the food room service brought up. It was expensive and tasted horrible, not to mention they got several things wrong on my order.
Overall this is an awesome hotel for a very good price. I've stayed here several times now, I just don't order room service

• Stayed: April 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your travels to our hotel and for your observations. While the area competitors are moving their rates up, we are making a real effort to keep our rates down by offering very appealing discounts - thank you for noticing. I am surprised by your restaurant experience as our management team recently had a great meal while testing out our room service process (of course our team likely saw the best of our food service). I am sorry for your experience and invite you to contact me so that I may offer a comfortable resolution. Your comments couldn't be more timely as we are focusing on delivering a terrific restaurant experience. Thank you.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Brought a group of students to Oklahoma City and this hotel provided a great location for rejuvenating. The rooms were modern and clean, as well as very quiet. I was pleased with the check-in process, as we had a group and needed to check in multiple rooms. The staff worked to provide us with information, as well as our breakfast vouchers. I was a little hesitant as we were making our way to the hotel because the surrounding area is not appealing, but once we were within 3 miles of the hotel the area began to improve. The breakfast was slightly disappointing because we were there on a Sunday, and beings as this is a business hotel they only had 1 option to choose from on the "menu". This option was eggs, toast, and bacon or sausage. The food was nothing to write home about, but was not bad either-- some of my group members did state that it took them an hour to receive breakfast which seems crazy since they were only serving one meal. Other than the food complaint, this was a great hotel that was located within easy distance of desirable sights.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you for considering our hotel for your group. We appreciate your business and the time spent on sharing your observations about the hotel. Traveling can be difficult, and with a group it is almost guaranteed. I am pleased that our hotel was able to assist your group and make the coordinator's life a little easier. I am concerned about your breakfast experience, believing that our breakfast buffet may have been a better fit for your group - my apologies that it was not available the morning of your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and hope that you will continue to look for Holiday Inn when traveling.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here 1 night while in OKC on business. It's a good location, just off Meridian & close to the highway. This is a fairly new hotel and the rooms are a generous size, nice lobby area. I didn't hang at the bar area but it looked to be buzzing on a Tuesday night.

I had the typical hotel complimentary breakfast the next morning. Never meant to set your taste buds on fire, but it's nice to get a hot coffee & something on your stomach before you face the day.

One downside is the workout room - very small & cramped. No weights, just 2 treadmills, an elliptical & bike lined up in a row. I mean, if you slid off the treadmill you'd get about a foot before you hit the wall. And it was like a sauna in there too - yuk!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn & Suites - OKC Airport, and we appreciate your observations shared about the hotel. I am pleased that we were a good fit for your travel needs. I agree that our fitness room is a little cramped, however we do provide the fitness room to try to assist guests in maintaining their fitness routine as they travel. It seems travelers aren't typically looking for free weights or intense workout equipment, and most often the equipment that we feature is the best match. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and hope you will continue to stay with us when traveling through the area.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and two kids. Everything was fine not exceptional. The kids enjoyed the pool. The Bloody Marys were a bit to spicy. It is short distance from all the major highways, it was easy to get anywhere from there. Room was clean and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn - OKC Airport, and we appreciate your kind remarks. There is alot of excitement about our newer property right here along the river, and I am pleased that you had a positive experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to OKC.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Having read several of the prior reviews, I think it can be said it is a clean hotel with friendly staff. The drawback is th restaurant experience in both breakfast and dinner. I arrived late after a long drive so ate dinner in the hotel. I ordered Chicken pesto with vegetables, got Dried-up chicken breast on soggy noodles and with frozen veggies. Breakfast wasn't much better. Thank you mgt for sharing food will be improved upon...

Room Tip: Stay, sleep but eat out!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback from your recent stay. I appreciate your advocacy for the hotel, and regret your disappointment with the restaurant. Improvements are occurring with our food service as we speak, and I genuinely value being able to utilize your feedback for continued improvement. I hope you will continue to consider the Holiday Inn for your future travels.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Great location around Okc airport area! But need to use their shuttle for things in the evening time too. They will take you and pick you up from the airport. But be nice to go eat without using a taxi. !! Rooms are very clean new and nice !

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Fuzzface77
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

We appreciate your recent stay at the Holiday Inn - OKC Airport, and thank you for your kind remarks. We appreciate your feedback, and will utilize your suggestions for improvement. Thank you again and we hope to see you again when you return to OKC.