“Pleasant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #69 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Great people and service. Nice clean hotel with good amenities. Quiet and comfy. Only down spot was breakfast. Coffee and oatmeal barely even warm. I like hot coffee and oatmeal. Hotel easy to find and beautiful spot along the river.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your loyalty to Holiday Inn and your recent stay. Thank you for your valuable feedback on your restaurant experience. Proper food temperature is a critical issue and I regret the poor impression from your meal. We maintain an emphasis on proper holding temperatures (as do all responsible food outlets) and will continue to emphasize the importance to our team members. Thank you for your comments and I hope you will continue to utilize Holiday Inn for your travel accommodations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Wichita
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Hotel is clean, well appointed, and modern. Location feels pretty safe. Staff was adequate, if a little distracted, at check-in. Room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Only problem was that the check-out time in the book doesn't match the actual check-out time. I had checked the book to make sure I knew the check-out time (it said noon). At 5 til 11, the cleaning crew knocked on my door and yelled through the door "When are you leaving?" I was pretty put-off by their approach but I don't hold it against the hotel. I let the front desk staff know what had happened when I checked out at noon and she told me that the check-out time is 11. I let her know that the book said differently and she said she'd look into it. I hope they fixed it and nobody else is planning to stay past 11am!

One other minor issue--the windows have no black-out curtain. My room looked out onto the river so it's unlikely anyone was watching me change, but theoretically it's possible for someone to see into the room if the light is on. They should really put up some heavier curtains.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your stay at the Holiday Inn and thank you for comments concerning your stay. I do apologize for the confusion with the check-out time - we are addressing the contradiction in our printed materials. Thank you for mentioning the missing drapes, however we aren't aware of a room missing the heavier black-out curtains. We do push the curtains completely back to allow for the most light in the room so they can get lost in the sheers - I'm suspicious that may be the case as all of our rooms are outfitted with black-out drapes. Thank you again for your kind remarks, and the opportunity to address your concerns.
McAlester, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here twice and were very pleased both times. The hotel has a modern feel with a nice little lounge /restaurant. The drinks in the lounge were kind of spendy but that is to be expected at most hotels. The food in the restaurant was good. The only drawback is that it does not have continental breakfast. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Very close to the airport which was a plus for us. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your recent stay at the Holiday Inn - OKC Airport, and thank you for your valuable feedback. Very often we have a breakfast buffet available in the restaurant, and on the days that we don't, we serve meals from the breakfast menu. I apologize if the absence of the buffet created an inconvenience. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have stayed here a few times and always get a kingsize bed, which is very comfortable and the room very spacious with a comfortable chair and ottoman to go along with the desk and chair. I really like the location of this hotel because even though there are several eating places that you can walk to. The rooms are quiet. The exercise room is open 24 hrs a day, which is a plus in my book! There's also a walking trail that is behind the hotel, should you want to get out and get some exercise.
The food in the restaurant was fair. The breakfast buffet was both better tasting and a better buy than the other meals.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We appreciate your stay at the Holiday Inn, and we value your comments. Thank you for your kind remarks and we hope to see you again next time you are in the area.
Eufaula, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

When we reserved our rooms (2) we told them we needed two joined rooms, they said no problem that they would be sure. My mother in-law checked in first, reminded them of the joining rooms and they reassured her that it is no problem. We arrived two hours later, when we arrived we stood at the check-in counter for 10 minutes, there were two staff members sitting at the bar, conversating. Both saw us several times and never moved. Finally, I called the hotel and the man came running over and answered the phone. I then hung up and said "Hi, that was me calling, I'm trying to check-in if thats okay with you". He apologized and said he "didnt see us". They did NOT get us joining rooms like promised. The next morning the "complimentary" breakfast is only for weekdays, weekends its $7.99 and its HORRIBLE. We came down stairs at 9:30 Saturday night, hoping to have a few drinks at the bar, it was closed at 9:30 ON A SATURDAY NIGHT. We finally went down stairs and talked to a manager and we had to completely change floors to have joining rooms. We will NOT be back to this hotel, Holiday Inn's are all my family stays in but we will definately NOT go to this one again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brandye D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Brandye D,

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is a new top notch hotel close to the airport that is great value for the money. I have stayed at 4 star hotels that weren't this nice. I got upgraded to a king suite room even though I am just a basic priority club member. The room was like an apartment. Nice view of the river from the bedroom window. Hotel has a free shuttle from the airport. Just call them when you arrive. Free buffet breakfast, free wifi, free popcorn, bottle of water. Might need to be a priority club member to get some of these amenities, so sign up before you stay there if you are not a member. I will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Join priority club if you are not a member