“Interesting sandwiches and wonderful desserts”
Review of Esca Vitae

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Esca Vitae
Ranked #1,074 of 1,764 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Reviewed March 30, 2017

This place is the real thing - a European bakery. The sandwiches were creative and good even if a little tall. I was happy to find a vegetarian offering and my husband loved the meat choices. Breads were solid and delicious. And that Russian Honey Cake was the best sweet surprise I've had in a long time. Go and Enjoy.

Reviewed March 25, 2017

Been watching this place and waiting for it to open so we could check it out. Made our first visit today and was disappointed in several areas. While waiting to order the people in line in front of us ordered items and they were told they did not have (although noted available on the menu * See Below). When we placed our order, we were told that sorry one of the two items we wanted (again from the menu *) was not available. I decided to just have coffee with HEAVY CREAM and after the coffee was made I was told they were out of heavy cream. :( The issue is this is a bakery and I know they have heavy cream because I talked to an employee in the back afterward and they said yes they had a whole case of it. This is attributed to poor training from the owner/manager. While I was waiting for my coffee, two more customers ordered and both people were told one or more items they wanted were not available from the menu*

*menu is a digital monitor and can be updated at anytime.... As good as a manager or owner I would just remove the unavailable items from the menu so people can see what can be purchased rather than turn people away after they have made up their mind what they want to order.

While standing in line (4 people in front of us and 4 people behind us) the owner walks up from the kitchen and had the most grumpy, upset look on his face. He just stood there almost glaring at everyone, instead of taking the opportunity to say "good morning how is everyone doing, any questions about your restaurant, " he just stood with his arms crossed very closed off and then pulled his phone out and was typing away on it never helping anyone. Being a new restaurant first impressions are key.

This seems to be a great concept and a good location, but if this owner does not think more about his customers he is going to have a hard time staying in business.

Not impressed at all :( :(