“awefull”

Super 8 Oklahoma City
Ranked #61 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed October 1, 2012

we got there got our room when in and it smelled so bad we didnt even put our bags down we started gagging we went to the front desk asked for another room and all they did was give us a can of air freshener..... we also told them the floors was wet and they said it was cause that room leaks when it rains. VERY BAD stay

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Oklahoma City

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here with my kids and my family for a family reunion. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and tidy. We all had rooms on the same floor all adjacent to each. Although we did not have connecting rooms that didn't matter as we all walked back and forth to each others rooms. We had a coffee maker and a hair dryer in the room as well as a mini fridge and microwave. Their contential breakfast was good, the basics like coffee and juice but the kids all loved the waffles and cinnimon rolls. They also had cereal and instant oatmeal as well as a selection of white, wheat and whole grain bread. They even had yogurt and bananas. I have no complaints other than they didn't have towels for the pool, but we just got extra from the front desk. I would definetly stay here again the next time I got to Oklahoma City.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

stopped for 3rd night ( sat) in Okla city -rained most way from OK state line was glad it stopped just before Hotel) Hotel is standard Super 8 was clean ( think they should have VISIBLE security walking or in cart around parking lot there were a few with a cooler right in parking lot
drinking beer when we returned from our evening out and wife was " uncofmortable" about this
but the left on their own about 45 mins later( friends of a guest??)
the staff recommened the local ( line dance country/ hip hop????? club?)
but we found a little locals place by the stockyards a few miles back east called the Paddock club Nice Locals cheap drinks cameras in parking lot and I could see Harley on tv in bar
and they had Karaoke which my wife liked..... I recomend Checking out the Paddock Club

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My family and I stayed one night last week at this hotel. The room appeared mostly clean, but there was some staining on the carpet I tried to ignore. The bathtub had a couple long black hairs in it (like a woman's long hair) but i just rinsed the tub before I used it. You just dont want to be reminded someone else was in the tub before you! Otherwise the room was about what you would expect for a Super 8. The indoor heated pool was a little on the cold side and there was no jacuzzi. There was, however, a jacuzzi bathtub, so I just warmed the kids up in there after the pool. Breakfast in the morning was good. Not a lot of choices but the kids ate the cereal and there was toast for the adults. This is probably a step up for most Super 8's but dont expect the Ritz.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed at this motel since it was close to family, but we weren't necessarily expecting a lot when it came to the room. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was very nicely remodeled, with a very comfortable bed. I look forward to staying there every time we visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Granted we only stayed one night, it was a stop over on our way to Texas. Jesus at the desk was friendly and helpful. It seemed a step up from most Super 8 motels I've stayed in as far as the appearance of the place, we didn't use the pool or the wifi so can't say anything about that. I would have given it a five but despite the impression the lobby gave they still have the standard "SuperStart" breakfast which means bagels and cereal mostly, it's okay but even if they would add one of those waffle iron set-ups it would be a big improvement

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
1  Thank chalcat
Mihirkumar P, Owner at Super 8 Oklahoma City, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Dear customer,

I highly appreciate you taking your timeout to write a review about us. i wish you would have been able to enjoy our indoor heated pool. its my honor to know about your positive experience with us. however we have gone ahead and added few more items to the menu to meet the guests' needs as high as possible. the items we added ; ( toaster waffles, yogurt, oatmeal mix and soon we are adding cinnamon rolls).

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Well I try to be as detailed as I can with my reviews as I always use Trip advisor to help us decide where we are going to go and stay. I will start with the good. This hotel has very easy access from the Interstate and is close to downtown, the zoo, the science museum. The employees that we talked to were all very friendly and even gave us a few suggestions of things to see while in town. They do have free breakfast of coffee, juice and cereal and bagels. Ok, The not so good. On their website we booked for a party of 5 for a room that was supposed to have a sofa as well as two beds. It ended up being a chair. First the man at the desk argued this was a sofa. When I asked him to show me how someone was supposed to sleep on it. He suddenly had a new story. I was told they have tried to have this listing changed but had no luck with any of the websites and we were not the first to complain. So we ended up having to rent a roll out bed which we were offered at half price due to the incorrect listing. The Wi-Fi is horrible. We were in the closest room to the front desk and it was unusable in the room on three separate devices. My wife and the girls had to sit in the lobby to get online. We were getting a much better signal from the hotel across the parking lot but did not have their password. The sign on the indoor pool lists the hours as 10a - 10p but when we came back to the hotel to swim they were closing the pool at 8:45 and would not let the girls swim. We were told this is what the manager wanted. This was on Sun night. Funny after my wife let her displeasure be known and that I regularly write reviews on Trip Advisor on Mon night the pool operated on its stated hours, different person at the front desk. I am a pretty easy going person and enjoy getting to travel. If you read my reviews I can easily overlook lots of things when traveling. I did feel safe at this hotel and it's not a bad looking place but overall it wouldn't be one that we would choose again. Maybe your luck will be better than ours.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family