“Large suite”

Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City
Ranked #99 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed October 10, 2011

The check in person was business-like, not friendly. She failed to provide the internet log in information - we had to call down for that.
The suite was nice, but will stay at a Candlewood next time- less expensive!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grannymaryp
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed here one night for business. This hotel was much nicer than the usual airport hotel. My room was spotless, and they gave me a nice gift bag for being a priority club member.

The breakfast was a nice, small buffet with eggs, biscuits, waffles, fruit, etc. It was well stocked and hot.

For the price, I will definitely stay here again when in OKC.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Was on a business stay, the reception and catering was great! The Managers were great in assisting with everything we needed for our banquet to be a success!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was here on business for an extended stay (6 weeks) and I stayed in a one bedroom suite.
It had a kitchen with stovetop, microwave, full size refrigerator and a dishwasher. The king bed was very comfortable and I really liked having big screen TVs in both the living room and bedroom. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. It had lots of amenities such as complimentary breakfast seven days a week, complimentary dinner Tuesday through Thursday (including free beer). There was a nice patio with a gas grill for guests use, a basketball court, indoor pool, gym, and free washers and dryers. It is close to the airport, walking distance from several restaurants, and convenient (15 min) to downtown. The wired/wireless internet had decent speed and there was a spacious desk in the room to work at. There is also a business center with two PCs, a copier and a laser printer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank James C
Reviewed July 5, 2011

From the moment I entered the property until the moment I checked out, this felt like home. The hotel is wonderfully appointed in the rooms as well as the lobby. Breakfast and dinner were pleasing. The staff, specifically Lindsey and the sales manager, made it worth the money. Myself, and several coworkers were there on a catastrophe assignment and they made us their top priority. We travel often and are always seeking a place that doesnt feel like a hotel. This was it. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel. If you are fortunate enough to get Lindsey at the front desk, and Ms. Purdy for the management, then consider yourself lucky. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Talk with the staff, its that simple.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2010

My family recently held a family reunion over Thanksgiving. There were 20 in our group. One reason we selected the Staybridge Suites was because they promised a full Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings for all guests served at 5:30. At 6:00, they announced that dinner would be served, minus the potatoes which still weren't done. People got in line and there was only enough turkey for the first 10 people. The potatoes finally showed about about 6:30 and they were awful. The older lady who worked the front desk was very upset and tried hard to get more meat off that turkey, but by then most people had left and gone to restaurants. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful - good food, but bad service. Breakfast was served until 9:30 and they started putting stuff away at 9:10. When I asked for more waffle mix, I was told I should have gotten there sooner if I wanted waffles. Our kids asked for milk to drink and were told that the only drink available was water because the milk was already put away. The walking path was beautiful and kids loved the basketball courts and swimming pool. They just need to work on being a little more people friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank lvillers
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I moved to this hotel after an experience at another hotel with bedbugs. The associate on the phone was able to accomodate me with a room at the last minute. When I checked in I felt so happy to see the familiar clean StayBridge Suites entryway. I have to stress to you that the employees working at this hotel are soooooooo nice and really go out of their way to make you comfortable. I do not remember names, but there was one woman who checked me in that was especially kind. She was a white woman, maybe in her 50s with longer gray hair. I was so impressed that she always spoke to me using my name my entire visit. I would never expect the hotel employees to remember my name, but she did. It surprisingly helped me feel more at home as I am a female travelling alone.

The breakfast was wonderful. This is one of the few hotels where I have seen fresh cut fruit put out every morning. Usually hotels offer canned fruit in syrup -- not this one. My first morning they had cut pears, mangos and plums mixed up in a salad. I am a strict vegan so this made me so happy. They always had oatmeal made -- the first day it was kind of burnt and strange looking, however I mentioned it to the young man working the kitchen and he brought fresh oatmeal out right away. He was very kind and helpful as well and seemed to take great pride in making sure the breakfast was fresh, well stocked, and clean.

Okay - so now my favorite part of the hotel. This hotel is located on a 14 mile walking/biking path called the Oklahoma River Trail. I always bring my walking shoes and clothes and try to get outside on my business trips and I was absolutely delighted when I discovered this path. The path felt very safe as there were plenty of people out on it. It provides beautiful scenery and was the best part of my whole work week.

I also bring along exercise DVDs to use in my room and usually play them on my laptop. This room had a DVD player and flat-screen television I was able to play my DVDs on. Additionally, there was a clean gym area with two treadmills, elliptical, nautilus station, stability ball and 3 different weighted medicine balls. One day I took a medicine ball to my room to do some exercises and returned it promptly when finished. There is a free laundry room that is connected to the gym, which was handy. I exercised while I washed all my clothes to ensure the bedbugs from my previous hotel did not infest this hotel.

I travel to the area a couple of times a year and will not consider staying anywhere else now when I visit. I have stayed at the other Staybridge Suites in OK City and while it was also extremely nice, the staff and the walking trail at this location make it my first choice!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business