“Great value - Friendly staff.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #42 of 150 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Amarillo, TX
“Great value - Friendly staff.”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed in a 1-bdr suite. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The front desk personnel were immensely helpful - they gave us coupons to the outlet mall and were always available to sort out problems. We bought discount tickets ($21 each) to Frontier City and White Water Bay and saved quite a bit!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Could not find my reservation at check in. Fortunately there was a room available. Desk clerk was helpful but not overly friendly. The room was clean. The AC was cold. The shower was hot. Breakfast was not worth smelling. There are better hotels in the area for same price but I booked late and there was a quarter horse event in town. Not a horrible experience but far from the best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
indiana
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were just looking for a place to spend the night on our way through Oklahoma City. We stopped here after a long drive and an interesting visit to the Murrah building memorial site. This was the hotel we decided on with some searching on my smart phone. We had no problems with this hotel. The room was clean and well maintained. The bathroom was clean and well taken care of. We didn't get the opportunity to use the pool. It was a litle bit of a drive to find food, 10 minutes or so, but the area we did find had a lot of choices. All in all we had no complaints what-so-ever.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I apologize to everyone who booked this hotel after my stay. I should have warned you sooner. I am from Oklahoma and returned to visit friends. I remember when this hotel was being built. That is why I chose it. It was a good location and a new hotel. WRONG. This hotel looks like it is 20 years old. It is dirty and the staff is disconnected. I was not greeted the first day I checked in. The girls at the front desk looked up and then looked down again. I thought maybe they were busy. No every time I entered the hotel, no greeting. No thank-you when I checked out. I had a friend visit me. She described the pool water as “murky”. I showed her the dirty towel in the internet room which had been there for three days including all the trash. This is a disgrace to the Country Inn & Suites chain. I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on NW 63rd last year. Excellent! Clean, friendly staff and good location. I will never stay at this location on Meridian again. At this rate, they should be out of business soon. Can I subtract stars?

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Magnolia, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This place is unbelievable.

There is mold growing in the A/C units. I drove over 8 hours that day. Needless to say, I was tired when I arrived at this hotel. Upon walking into the room, a terrible smell hit me. I looked around and found mold in the screen of the A/C unit. I immediately called down to the front desk to inform the front desk representative that I would need another room. She proceeded to make me keys for 7 different rooms. Seven rooms! I was tired...and yet, the smell was terrible in each room. Many of the rooms had holes in the doors of the closets, or the bathrooms. The carpet was stained in my room, and in many of the rooms I visited. The room we ended up staying was terrible as well. The shower curtain rod was bent and hanging by two loose screws--which made it so the shower curtain would not stay closed...it would slack back to the middle, allowing water to run all over the bathroom floor. I tried to open the window and air it out, but the window would only open 6 inches. The pool was green.

I would never stay here again. The sad thing is, I just had stayed at a Country Inn and Suites by Carlson in Tucson, AZ, and it was absolutely amazing. A wonderful stay. This place is absolutely awful. I had breathing trouble and a massive headache when I checked out. I only stayed here because I had reservations and had prepaid and it was extremely late--otherwise I would not have stayed. Terrible experience.

Please take your business elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Great people at the front desk, parking is very good, free wi-fi, and large, clean rooms where everything works. Being a couple miles from the airport, it takes a bit to drive to nearby restaurants and stores, but the traffic isn't too bad and it's easy to get around. The property is in an area where you don't feel like your car will be messed with or you won't get robbed in the parking lot on your way in. A very decent place to stay, especially if you're just in town on business and haven't got much time for seeing sights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank avsafe
Willis, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good clean hotel. Good service, clean room, hot breakfast, friendly staff and helpful. Good location to airport. Plenty of good restaurants within 2 to 3 miles of this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business