“The best romantic hideaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oklahoma City
The Grandison at Maney Park
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“The best romantic hideaway!”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The Grandison Inn is superb for hiding away from the rest of the world with the one you love. My husband has taken me there the past two years for my birthday, the best birthdays I have ever had! The rooms are so cozy, the jacuzzi tubs for two are perfect with the bubble bath, rose petals and candles set around them. We enjoyed a romantic dinner for two in the room, later there was champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, the next morning, breakfast in bed ( we had it at a table in the room, but you can have it in bed if you want). The getaway also included tickets for different things to do in Oklahoma City, also tickets for a dinner for two at a nice retaurant in the area. The basket there for me had all kinds of goodies in it, lotions, body wash, etc.

This year my husband requested a long stem rose for me, as soon as I walked into the room, I saw it laying on my pillow with greenery and a beautiful red bow. The Inn keepers, Bob and Claudia are so sweet, the rest of the staff are also wonderful. There are always snacks and refreshments in the butler's pantry on the second floor. Every room has beautiful furnishings from times gone by. I have only scratched the surface in describing this wonderful bed & breakfast. It is such a quiet, comfortable and cozy place to stay, we absolutely love every minute we spend there. We both recommend the Grandison Inn highly!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
oklahoma
Reviewed September 21, 2009

This place is beautiful. Take a book for the gorgeous front porch or great double tub. (if your room has one) The rooms are smaller than some B&B's but clean & quaint. It is a quiet neighborhood. Butlers pantry was a nice surprise, snacks galore! Breakfast was great too! Staff friendly.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 8, 2009

The home is quite lovely and very large. However, the room that we had was not conducive to quiet relaxation. We could hear people walking up and down the stairs most of the night until midnight. Children were there and a little noisey. Our bathroom was not laid out real well and the toilet needs some attention (like bolting it down more securely). The staff is friendly and helpful and the food was good. They also have lots of snacks and coffee/tea available all day.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, nc
Reviewed November 21, 2008

Me, my husband, and my son stayed at the Inn for a week while I had surgery and recovered. While our room was a bit tight, the house was clean, neat, and ample snacks were made available to us. There was a slight disconnect regarding housekeeping as to whether or not they would make our beds but it eventually worked itself out once I requested it. Originally we were told by Jeff and Claudia, the Innkeeper, that she would not charge us for the night I had surgery, as my family spent the night with me in the hospital. I even confirmed that once we first arrived. Well, I was disappointed to find out they they did charge our credit card for that night claiming that they could have rented out that room to someone else (which I doubt because the inn was very quiet) and refused to refund us the money. Both Jeff and Claudia later sent me an e-mail trying to justify why we should have paid for that night mentioning the less than stellar weekend breakfast, free rollaway bed,and reduced rate which had nothing to due with their promise to not charge us in the first place. This enitre situation was very disappointing. It is sad that this B&B made us a promise and failed to keep their end of the deal. I had planned to stay there again, but will not due to the dishonesty of the staff. If you stay at this B&B, please be mindful of the charges on your credit card and be sure to get any promises in writing.
Our stay did not have to end this way.

• Liked — Comfortable
  • Disliked — Ran our credit for bogus charges
  • Stayed November 2008
1 Thank swashing
GrandisonBnB, Webmaster at The Grandison at Maney Park, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
I'm sorry that this response is almost 3 years in coming, but I would like to take a moment to address your review.

I understand your frustration at the situation as I was dismayed to see it as well. I can assure you that policy has been adjusted to prevent this from happening again. In speaking with Claudia I would like to point out that the agreement involved the night in question: was that your family would stay with you that night as you recovered, and their items would be removed from the room. Your items were not moved out of the room and we were not about to rent the room with your items still in there. as it was understood they would be returning again the following evening to stay again.

Mistakes are made, and we have double charged/overcharged guests in the past. However we fix them when it is our mistake.
Oklahoma City
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We actually ended up not staying at this property due to a very bad experience with booking. My wife booked a stay and they had such bad customer service dealing with us prior to our stay that we cancelled our reservation and would not recommend them to anyone! When booking, my wife was told they would not charge us until we stay so she just used her debit card, however they did charge us which resulted in several recurring overdraft fees on her account. We contacted the inn and they refused to make it right by reimbursing us the fees which were directly due to thier pre-stay charge. We spoke to Emily who stated she was the owners daughter and she said Claudia (the owner) refused to pay any of the fees. Emily was very rude and unpleasant to deal with. They would not take ownership for the problems they caused for us. We cancelled our reservations and stayed elsewhere.

• Liked — That we ended up not staying
  • Disliked — The rudeness of the employees we spoke to.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jskrdla
clinton, oklahoma
Reviewed December 29, 2007

The home is absolutely beautiful. We loved all of the Christmas decorations. We really enjoyed our room and all of the personal touches. Our only complaint was that it was really loud from 9 o'clock until midnight. The other guests weren't loud, it was the innkeeper and staff along with young children. We came back form supper at 7:30 and there was a young girl in the house on her bike! We heard a child or children until 10:30. We came to get away from our own kids and it was very disappointing to still have to be hearing kids on a romantic getaway. After that we still heard the innkeeper and a man. They were directly below our room and talked constantly. We could hear their entire conversations. My husband called downstairs around 11:30 and they said they would "check it out and walk around to see who it was," even though we knew it was them. At 11:50 he went downstairs to ask them to please be quiet. She told him that yes, her niece was in a room by us and that they would be quieter if he would "please be quiet walking up the stairs when going back to his room!" We actually came very close to leaving at this point since we know this is not how any other bed and breakfast we have stayed at have treated their guests. At checkout the next morning, the lady who checked us out tried to tell us there were no children in the Inn, even though we know she was there when the girl was riding her bike inside. It would have been a wonderful stay if the noise level had been better. ihave to say that we will not recommend this Inn to anyone else.

• Liked — beautiful home
  • Disliked — loud noises
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angelarney
I am sorry to see (4 years too late) that you had a less that pleasant experience at the Grandison. It is true that we had a young child living with us at the time, and she was in fact quite a handful. The great thing is she now has a little sister, and her and her mother have located a suitable apartment complex close enough that we can still enjoy being close family without it affecting our guests.

As this is a family business, sometimes our conversations get a little involved and loud. I am sorry this caused a disturbance, and even more embarrassed with how your complaint was handled. We take great effort to make sure our guests have great experiences, and this is a failure to live up to your expectations as well as our own. I would love to have another chance to show you how we have improved.
kansas city, ks
Reviewed December 28, 2006

We enjoyed our stay, but thought the property had good and bad points. The staff was very nice and helpful. The house is very historic and the parlor and front rooms are lovely. The rooms themselves are okay. I would say the website's photos are accurate. The linens could be nicer. But the only truly bad thing about it was the neighbors, which I realize the owners do not control. They have dogs outdoors in a small fenced kennel almost all the time. We did not notice late barking, but I find it depressing to see animals being treated like this. The adjoining property is also not in stellar condition.However, we wanted to be near to bricktown and didn't want to pay exorbitant prices so this fit the bill nicely. Although the immediate neighborhood is clearly being revitalized, it is awfully close to the jail (you will notice it because it is several stories high with no windows) and many bail bondsmen. We drove everywhere we went though and had no issues. I wouldn't want anywhere too far at night. We would consider staying here again because overall it was pleasant. It was nice to have access to bottled water and snacks in the butler's pantry.

• Liked — Victorian look and feel near OKC's attractions
  • Disliked — Neighbors
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank ksgirl8
I am sorry that this response is 5 years in coming, but I wanted to take a moment to address your review. Those are actually our dogs. We realize they might have been loud when they were younger puppies as often they bark at everything. Now they serve as family pets and guard dogs. No, not the walk the property trained to attack kind, but they bark at things they know do not belong.

You had mentioned concerns about the neighborhood. Your concerns are justified, as the county jail is within a mile of our inn and looks ugly. However, the police presence in our neighborhood is for lack of a better word perfect. We have one of safest well lit areas in midtown. On top of that, Gunther and Boots the canine alarm system. You would be amazed how quickly foot traffic stopped once we had the dogs.

It's hard to bring the dogs inside, even being a pet friendly inn there are limits to keep in mind for those that are not pet enthusiasts. That said, they are well cared for and have the run of the basement in the wintertime, and plenty of shade and water, and their pool for the hot summer days.