National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: A massive museum known for its Western art.
pa
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Yeehaw!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very authentic museum with so much to see. The art is incredible, the statues inside AND out are phenomenally done and the museum pieces are very interesting. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. We spent a couple of hours wandering around and found something interesting around every corner. While we didn't eat in the cafe, we were very surprised at how nice it was compared to cafe's in other museums. Time well spent and we'll visit again when in the area.

Visited February 2013

Harrisonville, Missouri, USA
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lots of Western History”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Even though I am not a big western aficionado this was a most impressive place! Even had a very nice lunch while there. Plan on spending 2-3 hours at the minimum!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank NancyL0u55
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“More than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Cool museum that offered more than expected. Great docents. Cool artwork A bit dated as would be expected and anticipated. Worth spending a few hours. A lot of Native American history also

1 Thank Sandy J
CHARLESTON
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Nice museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I'm not much of a museum guy, but I enjoyed this enough to spend 2 hrs going through it. Staff was knowledgable and friendly. I would recommend this on any visit to okc

Visited March 2013
Princeton, NJ
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“vast and variety”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I will not rehash all that is offered here. 1.5 hours were not enough time for me to see the parts that interested me, forget the entire museum. Displays were really well thought out with environments to create the setting for the subject matter. I enjoyed this aspect as much or more than the objects themselves. This museum has the luxury of space and uses it.

Great for all ages.

Shows and explain all aspects of what it means to be a cowboy but evades the topic of feed lots and animal treatment. Well, I guess than way of thinking would not be very Texan?

Good for interest in costume, movies, movie stars, paintings, sculpture, lifestyle, history, western towns, horses and so much more. Plan on a minimum of two hours. I would have liked three.

Visited February 2013