“Great Museum for Adults, as well as Children!”

Science Museum Oklahoma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Science Museum Oklahoma, the state's premier destination for family fun, houses more than eight acres of hands-on science experiences. Travel beyond the Milky Way in the Kirkpatrick Planetarium, experience the explosive fun of Science Live, discover where the familiar meets the fantastical in CurioCity and beyond — the museum allows your inner-child to run wild!
Reviewed February 20, 2011

My husband and I are both science nerds and we have no children. As a result, we have been to some science museums that were aimed more for children and we have felt very out of place. That was not the case with the science museum in Oklahoma City. A co-worker recommended visiting the science museum and..WOW! It is a lot more impressive than I was expecting.

Almost every exhibit is hands-on and interactive. Exhibits include dinosaurs, space travel, forensic science, a Segway track, trains, bikes, airplanes, optical illusions, light and more! Kids, as well as adults, will love this place! They also offer live demonstrations that are enjoyable and very kid-friendly. It is a large museum and takes several hours to really enjoy. We spent about 6 hours here, including about 30 minutes for lunch. The cafe offers good food and most of it is healthy (sandwiches, soups, salads, etc.), but they do have hamburgers and PB&J rollups for the kids.

The IMAX theatre experience was amazing and definitely worth the money; although, if you suffer from motion sickness, I would not recommend the IMAX.

2  Thank Trayci2684

Reviewed February 6, 2011

My husband and I wanted a place to take our son when it was too hot or too cold to play outside. This is a great option. There are tons of things to do. There are hands-on activities for all ages of kids. There are also a couple of shows to see. I've been to both the planetarium and the Science Live show and they are great. My husband and I have a lot of fun there as well, it is entertaining for everyone, not just kids. The parking is good and the workers there are great.
It is kind of expensive for a large family, but you can get discounts and coupons if you look online for them. We ended up buying a 1 year family pass and it has been a great purchase. We have already gotten our money's worth.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

This is a great way for the kids to learn while also having fun. They have all kinds of fun exciting activities for the kids, from crafts, drawing, painting, facepaint, etc. We go there when it's too hot or raining and want something to do that's indoors.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We recently went to the Science Museum in Oklahoma City and took a 10-year-old, a 6-year-old and a 2-year-old. There were so many fun things to do, we didn't have time for it all in one day. Every activity we had time for was enjoyed by all three kids even though ages were quite different. We also had lunch there and the food was reasonably priced, not as expensive as I expected it to be.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Great for kids of all ages- hand on activities that spark the imagination and fun for all ages! Check the internet for discount coupons that may reduce price~ I bought a family membership for one year from www.groupon.com for what it costs me and my 2 boys to go one day!

1  Thank RobinLSW