“What a Great Place!!!”

Science Museum Oklahoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Science Museum Oklahoma, the state's premier destination for family fun, houses more than eight acres of hands-on science experiences. Travel beyond the Milky Way in the Kirkpatrick Planetarium, experience the explosive fun of Science Live, discover where the familiar meets the fantastical in CurioCity and beyond — the museum allows your inner-child to run wild! -- Special Exhibitions: Bodies Revealed: Fascinating + real. Through Oct. 29, see the striking exhibition that showcases real human bodies preserved through a revolutionary process, allowing visitors to see themselves in a fascinating way like never before. Ray Harryhausen – Mythical Menagerie: Through Dec. 3, see original models, prototypes, bronzes, sketches and storyboards of the fantasy films of stop-motion animation pioneer Ray Harryhausen. Only in Oklahoma City, this exhibition includes original art and models from five 20th century Harryhausen classics, including "Clash of the Titans" and "Jason and the Argonauts."
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Wow! I loved this one. I enjoyed this museum very much. I loved seeing everything they had. I would go back to this museum again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place is so cool I go here like every day every year and every week I love this place so wrilly I go here like 99 times a day:)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We really enjoyed the Planetarium and the Mind Games section. The price was pretty reasonable. We were pleasantly surprised at all the exhibits they had. A great place to go on a hot day!

2  Thank Teresa J
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We are members of the Perot Science Museum in Dallas, We recently traveled to Turner Falls, OK, and decided to drive the extra hour or so to OK City to see this museum (based on a tip from a friend). We had reciprocity with our Perot membership so entrance was free.

Wow, were we impressed. While some of the exhibits could use some updating, we were totally surprised at the size of this place and the breadth of the exhibits. It went on and on, for rooms and rooms, with lots of open space, nice flow between sections, even a large theater for science demo show. My boys especially loved the Segway driving section, the science section upstairs, the 3 floor corkscrew slide, flight simulator and the science show. They had a few sections under construction, so we are hoping to visit again next year and see what's new.

Even though we did not have to pay, I think the entrance fee is well worth it We arrived at 1:30 and stayed until it closed at 5 (weekday)...we could have easily spent all day there, maybe even two. I'm so glad we made the drive north to visit this museum.

Free parking, cafe on site, lots of restrooms. Highly recommend for kids of all ages. Travel tip: this museum in not located downtown, as we expected. It sits a few miles northeast of downtown, which threw us, but just follow your map...easy to find.

1  Thank confetti70
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've been going to the Science Museum since I was a kid and it was called the Omniplex, and I'm happy to take my kids there now. It takes a minimum of 3-4 hours to get through, there are so many hands on exhibits and interactive areas. We also love the planetarium show, it is always a relaxing way to end a day of exploring the museum. We most recently went last week and my kids especially loved "investigating" the crime scene and forensic lab area, and the room with all of the things to tinker with like lego cars, cups to stack, etc. I love the things that have been there since I was a kid like the giant mouth model and the earthquake simulator.