“Very plesantly surprised at the friendly service from the staff”

Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest
Ranked #23 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Jackson, Mississippi
“Very plesantly surprised at the friendly service from the staff”
Reviewed April 15, 2009

When I first arrived, I was greeted by two of the employees of the hotel. Big smiles and every question they asked had something to do with assisting me. As the person who checked us in gave my wife a brief tour of the lobby area (pool, fitness room, business center and snack area), the other staff person brought a trolley to me to help me get my luggage upstairs. We stayed on the 3rd floor. We took the elevator up and our room was right next to the elevator. As I walked into the room, the first thing I noticed was how clean everything was. Everything had a new look to it. There was a couch with an ottoman in front, a desk on the right (kind of small, but useful), a wet bar, refrigerator (where's the microwave?) and a 42'' LG plasma TV manufactured in Jan. 2008. Beside the TV was a connection station which contained two power outlets, composite, component and HDMI hookups. This might not mean anything to most people, but to me, it meant everything. I was able to plug in my TiVo and my Xbox 360 with no problems using this. I was able to bring my shows and games from home and watch them in HD. I'm not an LG fan, but I must admit that the picture was pretty stunning. The hotel carried local HD stations and HD movies. The king-size bed was more comfortable than my bed at home. I couldn't believe the comfort of the mattress. The bathroom is small. I can't put it any other way, but it only contains the toilet and the shower. The sink is outside of the bathroom. The closet is also small. My only complaints about the hotel is that the room next to the elevator did produce slight noises. However, you can really only hear it at night when you're at the desk. I never heard them from the couch and bed. I did hear the "ding" the elevator made when it arrived to my floor though. Also, the hotel is next to I-44 which meant I could hear traffic every now and then at night. But, none of this was enough to annoy me or keep me awake. The hotel is convenient to a nearby mall, Wal-Mart and a great restaurant called the Elephant Bar. There is also an IHOP within walking distance right in front of the parking lot. Other great places to eat (on N. Western Dr.) are Earl's Rib Palace and Hideaway Pizza. I was really pleased with this hotel and I think it's one of the better ones I've stayed in as of late. It offers so many conveniences of home, the friendliest staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and is in a nice, clean and safe area of NW OKC.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rqs_007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I stay at this hotel once or twice a month visiting a good friend. I have never had
a complaint. - the service provided by Anthony is outstanding. Pros: being
able to check in by kiosk - very simple and quick; close to many places to
eat (thanks to the recommendations from Anthony) including Pearls, a very
good seafood restaurant. There is a Chili's a block or so away and next door
is a IHOP (ok, not fine dining but a good choice for breakfast). Yes, there is
a McDonald's next door as well. The T'V's are almost too big for the room -
huge and one reason I choose this property. Oh, nobody has mentioned the
INDOOR pool and spa. And, across the highway is Penn Square Mall. Also,
it is less than 10 minutes to Remington - racetrack/casino. And the rates are
always reasonable. You can't find a better value in this city than the Hyatt
Place. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank mmtours
Tulsa
Reviewed December 29, 2008

We stayed one night in this hotel and we were very happy with the accomodations! The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was outstanding...very big, comfortable and was the size of a studio suite. The sofa area was nice and the sofa bed was perfect since our kids don't like sleeping in the same bed (no need to request a rollaway). The breakfast was so-so, just normal complimentary breakfast. The items downstairs in the snack area are a little pricey, but it was nice to know things were available...plus, a McDonald's was a few steps away too. Our kids want to stay in this hotel again and we definitely will when we are in the OKC area.

• Liked — The size of the rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
topeka
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Room was real nice loved the sofa area and the tv .Snacks in lobby were a little expensive and no beer (big problem). Free breakfast was ok ,could have used some sweat rolls! Kind of hard to get back on the highway when you leave. But i would sure stay there again! The Butler's Topeka. Ks.

• Liked — sofa area
  • Disliked — no beer
  • Stayed September 2008
1 Thank TopekaHorseplayer
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 7, 2008

My business partner and I stayed here for two nights in June and for the most part enjoyed our stay.

The rooms are fabulous as this hotel is currently under renovation from being and AmeriSuites to a Hyatt Place. Everything in the rooms is new. The 42" flat panel HD tv is really awesome as are the new beds and the whole decor.

Since it is under renovation there are some bumps in the road. Checkin is really slow. They actually have self service checkin and checkout, but it did not work for us for some reason, so we spent a fair amount of time in the lobby. Also, this hotel is right by the highway, but its a pain to get to I-244 from the hotel. It is easy to get to the hotel from the highway, but not vice versa. Since it is by the highway you do hear highway noise if you're room is located on the side facing the road. It didn't bother me too much because my air conditioner was running loud enough. It appears though that they are switching from window ac units to an actual thermostat on the wall, which will be real nice when completed.

They do have breakfast in the lobby, but its not free like it is at most chains that are similar to this one. If you're going to pay for a meal go to IHOP or McDonald's for breakfast. They're literally a block away from the hotel.

Don't know if I'd stay at this hotel again if I were in OKC, but I probably would stay at this chain again somewhere else.

• Liked — The tv was the best thing about the accommodation
  • Disliked — The wireless internet was slow as molasses
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank wdharrington
Plano, TX
Reviewed October 27, 2007

Stayed here for 4 nights on business in a standard suite with 2 double beds: roomy with cold fridge, microwave and big TV. It was spotlessly clean and could have passed for new. Bed was standard comfortable, nothing plush but no complaints.

All rooms in our party were even-numbered, overlooking the highway. My workmates complained of road noise keeping them up. I had no such complaints, perhaps due to my setting the fan to ON so it ran constantly, drowning out any possible noise. Light sleepers might consider an odd-number room.

Breakfast was fine considering the price: no additional charge. The hot part consisted of waffles, sausage patties and eggs - though those were pre-formed patties too, not exciting. Muffins were stale, cut fruit was out of a can. But really you could find enough to tide you over until lunch, with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. The all-day coffee/tea bar by the front desk was a plus.

I'd stay here again.

Stayed October 2007
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed June 4, 2007

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times and it is a very nice property. I believe it is only about 3 years old and it still looks very new. It is always clean throughout. They provide a nice breakfast with both hot and cold items. This hotel is also centrally located in Oklahoma City. One of the reviews says it has an outdoor pool, it is actually an indoor pool. The rooms are a good size and feature a living room that is separated from the beds by a "half wall." I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Modern and clean
  • Disliked — Highway noise
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business