“Fantastic service; we will definitely be back!”

Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest
Ranked #25 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“Fantastic service; we will definitely be back!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed 2 nights while in town for conferences downtown and near the Capital. Our room on the top floor facing the parking lot was perfect--no traffic noise, the room was spotless, TV huge & king bed ever so comfy. The suite layout is great, particularly the large sectional sofa. I had asked to check in early when I made the reservation, and that was no problem at all (unlike many hotels that don't hire enough staff to get the rooms cleaned in a timely manner). On checking in, I was given a personal tour to see the bar, breakfast area, business center, fitness room and indoor pool/spa. Each time we left or returned, the front desk person spoke to us. This is a smaller, boutique-type hotel, where guest service and satisfaction is a priority! The manager has trained all staff personnel, to the highest standards. We had an issue with our room door not locking from the outside and an issue with the A/C, both issues being taken care of promptly, efficiently and courteously. The free breakfast included fat-free milk and V-8 juice, which is important to me but which many hotels do not have. We were so very pleased with our stay that I will be mailing the hotel one of my TripAdvisor door stickers. My only suggestion would be a shuttle to and from the downtown area, since drinking downtown then driving is a no-no. (Part of the conference was at the downtown Sheraton, but paying to park at a hotel with extremely uncomfortable beds, no free room Internet, poor service based on past stays, etc., etc., is not on my list). We travel frequently, and I wanted to stay at a Hyatt Place in Bethlehem, PA this past summer but they had no rooms by the time we were ready to book. However, the OKC NW Hyatt Place did not disappoint! It will be our hotel of choice when we are in OKC!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank TulsaGal2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed November 19, 2012

After a 2 night stay at this hotel, we left with mixed emotions. It was mostly a positive experience. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The breakfast included some hot items (egg-muffin type skillet dishes) in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare. The room itself was very nice, a suite-type room with separate seating area, huge HD tv, and big, very comfortable bed.

The only two negative points: this hotel is EXTREMELY difficult to find! On maps, it appears that it sets alongside NW Expressway, and most hotels are easy to spot from the road. This place sits completely behind a Courtyards by Marriott building, totally out of site. And there is only a very very small sign by the road partially blocked by trees or buildings depending on your direction of travel. Even with GPS, it literally took us about 20 minutes to locate AFTER we arrived in the immediate area! Tip: before you go, print a closeup, detailed map of the surrounding block so you can find it.

The really big sore spot for us however, was the noise! This is either an old building (although it looks new inside), or cheap construction. We could hear every noise from the room overhead directly above us; loud foot steps, dropping heavy items on the floor, VERY loud in all respects. Definitely kept us awake for a long time the first night. I don't think the people upstairs were partying or anything - it just seemed the structure of the building itself was far below Hyatt's normal standards. Also, even though we requested a room away from elevators, ours was directly in front of them :-(

We would only stay here again if we were guaranteed to be on the top floor with no one over us. Otherwise - we'll stay at Marriott next time we're in OKC.

Room Tip: Any rooms other than the top floor, and you're going to hear people in the room above yours.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

everything is typically just gone when I stay here with the exception of silverfish being in my room on 2 separate occasions. I did let someone know & didn't see any on this last visit. some rooms have the bright lights from the parking lot shining in them.

• Stayed September 2012
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your comment that you wrote in regards to the Hyatt Place Northwest. I have spoken to the hotel engineer regarding the lights on the outside of the hotel, and the lights have been adjusted and should not be a problem in the future. As far as silver fish, we do not have them in Oklahoma, but you may be referring to a pincher bug. I contacted our regularly scheduled pest control company and had them come and do an extra service and check for the hotel, and they did not find anything abnormal, but they went ahead and treated the facility. I do apologize for any inconveniences, and I do understand how this may have been an inconvenience to you during your previous stays with us. I am glad that we made progress on the issues that you mentioned of your previous stays, because making sure that all guests have a completely satisfied stay with us, is extremely important to us all. You are a valued guest to us all, and I hope that we can continue to provide you with our genuine hospitality for many years to come. Should there be anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to call upon me at your convenience!

Thank you!

Kansas
Reviewed October 19, 2012

When I walked in the door of our room I said, "wow!" Beautiful room and so well arranged in this king bedroom suite. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Just a couple of suggestions, this hotel is located very close to the highway, so if road noise bothers you, ask for a room on the front side and on a low floor. There is no in-room microwave. The lobby didn't have maps or brochures of local attractions/sight seeing, but the staff was willing to print out directions for us. The breakfast was a little better than most "comp" breakfasts in that they had some hot items prepared and used real dishes/tableware, not plastic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I appreciate all of your professional outlooks and suggestions for the hotel. Everyday is learning for us all and I always look forward for guests to share their observations within the hotel and how procedures or services can be improved and or changed to better accommodate our guests. I will get some additional information together regarding local attractions for visiting guests and make it available at the front desk. It is more important to spend your time out doing the things that you came to do, not searching for things to do and how to get there. We also have two complimentary microwaves available upon request and are on a first come first serve basis, for them to be used in the guest rooms. I thank you again for the feedback, and I do hope that you come to see us in the near future. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 18, 2012

where do I start? from the helpful front desk employees at check in to the courteous young lady assisting me with check out this was a very pleasurable short business stay. discovered a new wine recommended by 1 of the staff which I'm sure will be now be my new favorite Merlot. room was so relaxing and homey, pretty sure the Hyatt Place will be my new fav business hotel if they all live up to OKC's.

• Stayed October 2012
Eric H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I am honored to hear that my staff accommodated you in such a positive way during your stay. We all enjoy what we do for Hyatt and at the hotel level, making sure that all of our guests always have a positive and memorable stay with us, because this ensures all guests to come and see us in the future. I do hope that you will make the Hyatt Place Northwest your premier choice when visiting the Oklahoma City area. We will continue to attempt to make each of your stays with us as consistent and as positive as this most recent stay. If there is anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask at any time.

Thank you!

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The biggest complaint is that we had very large crickets in our room. The staff sprayed for them after our first complaint but afterwards we came back to 6. At night we heard them chirping under the bed & flitting against the A/C. If we tried to read in bed they would fly toward the light. It was a very unpleasant experience. We complained several times & the staff offered to move us to an upper room (we were on 2nd floor) but they could not guarantee no crickets so we packed up & moved to a different hotel. Also the furniture in the lobby was very ratty & needs replaced. On the plus side: the breakfast sandwiches were good. I would not recommend this hotel. The staff was polite & said we should come back after the first frost & there will be no crickets. My concern: if large crickets can get in the room, what other critters can also? No thanks!

• Stayed October 2012
I apologize for the inconvenience with the crickets in the room, as they have made your impression of our hotel a negative one. Unfortunately, the Oklahoma City area has had a large problem with crickets this year due to not having a winter this past year. We have been doing everything possible to prevent any inconveniences with this city wide issue, and our routine maintenance of these insects has been on a regular schedule and has helped, but due to the large outbreak of them city wide, some tend to sneak in and make for unpleasant sighting once in a while. I assure you that this issue is and has been under control, and the hotel is not being over run by them, and we have maintained to keep them under control. The chairs in the lobby are set to be replaced and are in the condition they are in due to someone vandalizing them. I should be receiving the new chairs soon and I am expecting them to arrive any day. I do hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future, because you are a valued guest to us all at Hyatt Place. Should there be anything that I can do to keep you as a guest and to have you return to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family of five stayed at this hotel on a recent trip. I don't usually stay at Hyatt's but the staff at this Hyatt did make me a believer. Our room was very nice had a lot of amenities that we appreciated. Small kitchen, with sink and refrigerator. It had a wrap around large sofa that was separate from the bedroom. All five of us slept comfortably in this room with the pull out sofa actually being comfortable (that is a first for me). Nice big t.v., well designed because you could watch it comfortably from both the bed and sofa area. But I think my most favorite surprise was the breakfast. Visually it was well done, great setup staff on top of things....filling back up when things were running low, and basically just on top of breakfast. Ive been to too many chains that are understaffed and you have to ask for more food. I like Hyatt and my experience at this one will influence how I chose in the future. Good job staff way to be on top of things. One tip....the ac filter (and vent) on the ceiling inside of the breakfast sitting area are dirty....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I wanted to personally thank you for submitting a message to TripAdvisor, as well as for having such generous things to say on such a professional observation during your stay. We have all worked hard for our guests to provide a consistent well maintained environment for all of our guests. We added the new HOT breakfast on May 1st, and we have gotten great reviews from it once it was rolled out. I do hope that we have won you over as a permanent Hyatt guest, because each and every one of our guests is important and is within all of our best interests to make sure that we do all we can to ensure them to return for a future stay at our property. If there is anything else that I can do, please do not hesitate to call upon me at your convenience.