“Good service and great room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest

Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest
Ranked #27 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Victoria, Minnesota
“Good service and great room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel is in a sketchy neighborhood and a bit hard to find, even with GPS. It's at the end of an alley that the GPS doesnt have. That said, once you get there the experience is a pleasant one. The front desk people were very friendly and always made a point of saying hello. Only complaint was that they werent too helpful in recommending restaurants in the area. They seemed to only know the typical chains that were close by.

Although the hotel is almost in the middle of a freeway, the rooms were very quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Midnightdiner
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your generous response. I am extremely happy to know that my staff made your stay so pleasant, and that all hotel accommodations met your satisfaction to make your stay enjoyable and positively memorable. I hope that we have gained you as a lifetime guest for all Hyatt Place locations. I do hope that you come to visit us in the near future, and continue to receive outstanding customer service through Hyatt Place hospitality. Should there be anything that I can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Eric Hale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Check in was fast and the staff was very friendly even guiding us around the lobby area pointing out various features. Our room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and our room was quiet even though we were close to a major highway. The breakfast was alright but seating space was limited. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank obitwriter
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
I wanted to thank you for your response in Trip Advisor, as well as for staying at the Hyatt Place Northwest. My staff and I appreciate the generous comments that outlined the staff's focuses on customer service, as well as the important levels of focus in the other departments of the hotel. We all hope that you choose the Hyatt Place Northwest in the future to be your permanent hotel choice, when staying in the Oklahoma City area. Should there be anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you!

Tulsa, Ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location for one night. I was in town to run the OKC Marathon. The staff at check-in was friendly and very helpful, and accommodated my request for a later check-out time. The room was spacious, updated, and comfortable. The hotel even made arrangements to serve breakfast early for those guests running the marathon. I receive and personalized "thank you" e-mail from the GM after my stay, which I really appreciated.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Tulsabanker
Thank you for your continuing show of appreciation for the service that you received at the Hyatt Place Northwest. We were appreciative of having you as a guest and we were also happy to be able to provide you with a meal prior to running the marathon. My staff as well as myself value you as a guest, and strive to provide you as well as all guests with consistent premier hospitality, so that we will be the preferred choice of hotel when traveling to Oklahoma City area. Should there be anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. We all look forward to seeing you next year!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We were weary travelers after 15 hours on the road. We wanted a hot shower, a comfy bed and some decent food.

It took us quite some time to find the hotel as it was not marked from the road. Our GPS continued to tell us we had arrived but we could not locate it. This added to our frustration as we were ready to be done with this leg of our journey. The hotel is located behind the Marriott on Northwest Highway.

The room was great, roomy and very comfortable. When we checked in, we inquired about food options from the front desk who indicated that would not be a problem. However she didn't tell us the menu was on the television. When we arrived in our room we searched and searched for the menu and finally called the front desk. She indicated it was on the television. We finally located it and thought we could order from the television. Nope - we had to call the front desk again and place our order.

Since it was late, we wanted to make the most of our time and we all hopped in the shower and got ready for bed and awaited the arrival of our food. However we received a phone call telling us we needed to go back down to the front desk to pick up our food. Had we known we had to head back out into public areas, we would have handled this differently.

All of this could have been avoided with simple instructions from the front desk assistant who could have elaborated when we discussed food options.

The gentleman at the front desk in the morning was fantastic and accommodating. We were eager to get back on the road, but were told in the evening breakfast would be available at 7. Fortunately the gentleman was incredibly helpful and provided a cold breakfast, and hot coffee. He was very helpful, kind and friendly.

Note to management - the 3rd floor hallway smelled strongly of mildew. The room was great with no issues but you may want to address this soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BynaWV52
Thank you for your response, and first I would like to apologize to you for all of the inconveniences on your trip to the Hyatt Place. I also learned of some confusion with my staff regarding standard operating procedures and a variance in over the top customer service. I will be speaking with my staff on how to better handle all situations regarding the food ordering procedures, as well as give them true examples of over the top customer service, so that they will better handle similar situations in the future. I do hope that you will give the Hyatt Place Northwest another chance to show you better hospitality than on your previous visit to our property. You are a valuable guest to us all, and I do hope to see you in the near future. Should there be anything that I can do, please do not hesitate to call upon me at your convenience.

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

we called during the day to request a certain room location, and all of our requests were fulfilled. we arrived late, around midnight. the night auditor was very helpful and he did a good job welcoming us and explaining the property. the room layout is similar to the other hyatt places, with a half wall separating the bed from the couch area. the room had a second sink in the living room. the hotel is located right next to the highway, so even though we faced away from it, we still heard the trucks go by. the gym only had a few cardio machines and no weights of any kind. also, the breakfast did not have the hot skillet items like other hyatt place's, so you had to pay extra for the hot items. that said, the staff was always genuinely friendly which made for a good stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Derek S
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We are proud of the Hyatt Place product, and all members of my staff take great pride in working for Hyatt each and every day. We are now offering a new HOT breakfast that is complimentary for all of our guests, and it is new and exciting for the guests, as well as for my employees. I hope that you give us another opportunity to provide you with our genuine hospitality, as well as another chance for you to try our now newly improved HOT breakfast. We hope to be of services to you in the near future.

Thank you.

Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for work. The hotel and people were professional and courteous. My room was perfect for sleeping and for meeting with my appointments. It was clean and quite and a restful night's sleep. I rarely stay in a Hyatt so can't compare with others but I felt this was a good night's stay. I didn't have breakfast as I was off to a meeting so only grabbed a cup of tea. The location was perfectly easy to find and near my meeting so it worked for my purposes, although the entrance is a bit hidden, so pay attention. It could easily fall into the category of "I see it but can't figure out how to get to it."

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank rubyslipperlady
san antonio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

My first stay at the Hyatt Place NW, that said i am a diamond member with Hyatt and have stayed a numerous hyatt places. The room is the standard layout, however the room i had #305 had a strange musky order, which the staff tried to fix. The breakfast is more hampton inn than hyatt place. Every HP i have stayed at in the past had hot items ( breakfast sandwiches/hot meats), the offer here was bread and marginal fruit ( canned peaches mixed with random canned fruit). The staff was nice, but confused. I hit the lobby and began to review the "24 hour menu" which they advertise in the room as well and was quickly informed the kitchen closed at 9:30. When i inquired that the menu sitting on the bar top stated "all items avalible 24 hours a day" i was told the kitchen was closed. The pool area was poor and not well maintained, towel's scattered around and limited chairs were scattered. If this was my only exposure to this brand i wouldn't return, however i have stayed at numerous other Hyatt Place's and they have all been great. So that said, just lower your expectations and you might be able to raise to average. Otherwise you have several other choices that are a better value in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business