“Superior value for price; excellent service”

Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest
Ranked #24 of 151 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this location for one night. I was in town to run the OKC Marathon. The staff at check-in was friendly and very helpful, and accommodated my request for a later check-out time. The room was spacious, updated, and comfortable. The hotel even made arrangements to serve breakfast early for those guests running the marathon. I receive and personalized "thank you" e-mail from the GM after my stay, which I really appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Tulsabanker
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for your continuing show of appreciation for the service that you received at the Hyatt Place Northwest. We were appreciative of having you as a guest and we were also happy to be able to provide you with a meal prior to running the marathon. My staff as well as myself value you as a guest, and strive to provide you as well as all guests with consistent premier hospitality, so that we will be the preferred choice of hotel when traveling to Oklahoma City area. Should there be anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. We all look forward to seeing you next year!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We were weary travelers after 15 hours on the road. We wanted a hot shower, a comfy bed and some decent food.

It took us quite some time to find the hotel as it was not marked from the road. Our GPS continued to tell us we had arrived but we could not locate it. This added to our frustration as we were ready to be done with this leg of our journey. The hotel is located behind the Marriott on Northwest Highway.

The room was great, roomy and very comfortable. When we checked in, we inquired about food options from the front desk who indicated that would not be a problem. However she didn't tell us the menu was on the television. When we arrived in our room we searched and searched for the menu and finally called the front desk. She indicated it was on the television. We finally located it and thought we could order from the television. Nope - we had to call the front desk again and place our order.

Since it was late, we wanted to make the most of our time and we all hopped in the shower and got ready for bed and awaited the arrival of our food. However we received a phone call telling us we needed to go back down to the front desk to pick up our food. Had we known we had to head back out into public areas, we would have handled this differently.

All of this could have been avoided with simple instructions from the front desk assistant who could have elaborated when we discussed food options.

The gentleman at the front desk in the morning was fantastic and accommodating. We were eager to get back on the road, but were told in the evening breakfast would be available at 7. Fortunately the gentleman was incredibly helpful and provided a cold breakfast, and hot coffee. He was very helpful, kind and friendly.

Note to management - the 3rd floor hallway smelled strongly of mildew. The room was great with no issues but you may want to address this soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BynaWV52

Thank you for your response, and first I would like to apologize to you for all of the inconveniences on your trip to the Hyatt Place. I also learned of some confusion with my staff regarding standard operating procedures and a variance in over the top customer service. I will be speaking with my staff on how to better handle all situations regarding the food ordering procedures, as well as give them true examples of over the top customer service, so that they will better handle similar situations in the future. I do hope that you will give the Hyatt Place Northwest another chance to show you better hospitality than on your previous visit to our property. You are a valuable guest to us all, and I do hope to see you in the near future. Should there be anything that I can do, please do not hesitate to call upon me at your convenience.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

we called during the day to request a certain room location, and all of our requests were fulfilled. we arrived late, around midnight. the night auditor was very helpful and he did a good job welcoming us and explaining the property. the room layout is similar to the other hyatt places, with a half wall separating the bed from the couch area. the room had a second sink in the living room. the hotel is located right next to the highway, so even though we faced away from it, we still heard the trucks go by. the gym only had a few cardio machines and no weights of any kind. also, the breakfast did not have the hot skillet items like other hyatt place's, so you had to pay extra for the hot items. that said, the staff was always genuinely friendly which made for a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Derek S
Eric H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Oklahoma City - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We are proud of the Hyatt Place product, and all members of my staff take great pride in working for Hyatt each and every day. We are now offering a new HOT breakfast that is complimentary for all of our guests, and it is new and exciting for the guests, as well as for my employees. I hope that you give us another opportunity to provide you with our genuine hospitality, as well as another chance for you to try our now newly improved HOT breakfast. We hope to be of services to you in the near future.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for work. The hotel and people were professional and courteous. My room was perfect for sleeping and for meeting with my appointments. It was clean and quite and a restful night's sleep. I rarely stay in a Hyatt so can't compare with others but I felt this was a good night's stay. I didn't have breakfast as I was off to a meeting so only grabbed a cup of tea. The location was perfectly easy to find and near my meeting so it worked for my purposes, although the entrance is a bit hidden, so pay attention. It could easily fall into the category of "I see it but can't figure out how to get to it."

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rubyslipperlady
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My first stay at the Hyatt Place NW, that said i am a diamond member with Hyatt and have stayed a numerous hyatt places. The room is the standard layout, however the room i had #305 had a strange musky order, which the staff tried to fix. The breakfast is more hampton inn than hyatt place. Every HP i have stayed at in the past had hot items ( breakfast sandwiches/hot meats), the offer here was bread and marginal fruit ( canned peaches mixed with random canned fruit). The staff was nice, but confused. I hit the lobby and began to review the "24 hour menu" which they advertise in the room as well and was quickly informed the kitchen closed at 9:30. When i inquired that the menu sitting on the bar top stated "all items avalible 24 hours a day" i was told the kitchen was closed. The pool area was poor and not well maintained, towel's scattered around and limited chairs were scattered. If this was my only exposure to this brand i wouldn't return, however i have stayed at numerous other Hyatt Place's and they have all been great. So that said, just lower your expectations and you might be able to raise to average. Otherwise you have several other choices that are a better value in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The staff were friendly and courteous upon check-in - thank you Sheri. I didn't find the freeway noise or air conditioning to be issues, but I am a heavy sleeper. The pool/spa was nice and appeared clean. There are plenty of restaurants and the mall is nearby.

I would have given this hotel a higher if the free breakfast included either eggs or breakfast sandwiches like other Hyatt Places I have stay at in Colorado. Also, it would have been nice to have free weights and a working elliptical machine in the exercise center.

With that being said, I would not mind staying here in the future. It still is a great value for the price.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank dan4381
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago, and i was so happy, I came back the following week! I read some of the other reviews before I made reservations, and to be honest I was a little apprehensive, but my business partner assured me it was the best hotel in the area. Regardless of what the other reviews say, I was pleasantly suprised to find that this hotel has made a complete turn-around, and the staff was amazingly friendly! The front desk staff were amazing, and knowledgeable - Monica maybe?, Daniel (awesome bartender!), and the trainee, dont recall her name, so friendly, very bright, & helpful. Rooms were spacious and clean, exactly what I would expect from a Hyatt. Would go back anyday!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business