“It's a Hampton Inn, people”

Ranked #6 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Elkins, West Virginia
“It's a Hampton Inn, people”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

It's your standard Hampton Inn: same boring room, same cheap furniture, same utilitarian finishings, same tv too small for the room, same bland breakfast presented in the most unsanitary of settings, even the same generic granite in the bathroom. Sure, the pool and lobby are nicer than most; sure, the Bricktown location is convenient, sure, the workers greet you as if you were their best friend, but that doesn't make this more than another Hampton Inn in a long line of Hampton Inns. It's an OK place if you like generic, but five starts it isn't. Stay here; it's fine. But it's not the Colcord or the Skirvin down the street.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Twoprofs
SavyTraveler22, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Dear Twoprofs,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review at TripAdvisor for your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad that you found our location convenient and our staff friendly.

I apologize that we were not able to fully satisfy your needs during your stay in our hotel –- as it relates to the furnishings and breakfast items. Please know that we strive to improve in any and all areas as it relates to the guest experience.

Our desire is to always fulfill the wishes and needs of our guests. Our hotel has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are ever not 100% satisited for any reason we do not expect you to pay. Please do not hesitate to contact me at ryan.slater@hilton.com if you have any questions. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again!

Best Regards,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Missouri
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The Hampton in Bricktown was excellent. Check in was easy, we reserved a one bedroom suite for my husband and I and our 2 year old daughter. We were suprised that it was actually more of a 2 bedroom suite. We had two beds, two baths and a little kitchenette area. I'm not sure if we were upgraded or that's normal but it was great. Our daughter was able to nap and sleep in her own room and we weren't worried about bothering her. The room was very clean. My small complaint was that the mini fridge did not have a freezer. We were hoping to refreeze our ice packs. The breakfast was good: waffles, eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. The cool pool for our daughter was a huge hit. She didn't want to leave. It was a perfect set up for her and there was a seperated area for the big kids. It was perfect. Our bigger disappointment was in Bricktown. I thought there would be more shopping and it was mainly nightlife and restaurants. That was fine just not what I expected. The rooms were fairly quiet. I could hear our upstairs neighbors a little but nothing too bad. You're going to get that in any hotel. All and all this was an excellent place to stay and we'll stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tnshsms
Dear tnshsms,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Oklahoma City! We are happy that you enjoyed the upgrade to our two bedroom two bath suite.
We appreciate you for taking the time to write and post a review of your stay with us. It is our common practice to share reviews with all the staff working in our hotel. Your review will certainly serve as great reminder to of the imortance of providing exceptional customer service.
We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

New Mexico
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I went to OKC for a week long conference at the Cox Center. This is by far the nicest Hampton I have ever stayed in. Room and bathroom was large. Bed was great. Furniture and carpet was new and stylish. Breakfast was typical Hampton. Views of downtown were great. It was extra fun to go to the top of the parking garage to watch the baseball game next door. Cox Center was an easy 1/4 mile walk. Lots of places to go within a couple of hundred feet of the hotel to eat and drink. Tap Workz had some superior beer on tap. Excellent indoor water park for the kids. Not a place to swim laps in, but to play in the water.......The area had a lot of police patrolling at all hours. Felt safe walking around Bricktown, even at night. Stay here, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Spirit_of_Radio
SavyTraveler22, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
Dear Spirit_of_Radio,
Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during your stay.

We will share your comments with the staff of our hotel. I am certain this will serve as further inspiration for us all to do what we do best -- provide memorable experiences for our guests.

We look forward to your return.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at ryan.slater@hilton.com if I can be of service to you on your next visit.

Boston, MA
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I am normally a very critical reviewer but have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now and give it the highest marks. Great modern rooms, excellent location, very good breakfast and good staff. The one time there was an issue (fire alarm in the middle of the night), their 100% guarantee policy was honored in full.
hope they keep it up!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LAFRMIL
Dear Lafrmil,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback about the hotel, the friendly service, and clean accommodations.

Even more so, we appreciate your understanding and the feedback regarding the unusual circumstance of the fire alarm - it was used as a tool during training to better prepare our night team on how to deliver exceptional guest service in difficult situations.

Most importantly I am glad to hear that the we inacted the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are ever not completely satisfied with your stay, we don't expect you to pay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Oklahoma City!

Kind regards,

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I had to plan a last minute trip to our offices in Oklahoma City and after doing some research decided to stay in the Bricktown Area. I am a big baseball fan so my hotel of choice in Bricktown was the Hampton Inn and Suites. I requested a room with a view of ATT Bricktown Ball park where the Minor League OK City Redhawks play. They are the AAA affiliate of the Texas Rangers. I was planning to stay for two nights and due to unplanned storm damage to our office building, eneded up staying for 5 nights. The front desk was EXTREMELY helpful in helping me extend my stay.

Each morning was a complimentary breakfast. Typically one hot egg dish, one hot meat and daily self serve waffles. Also juice, pastry, yogurt, milk, water, cereal and more. There were also grab to go bags at the front desk if you didnt have time to sit and eat. Each bag included a bottle of water, apple, muffin and Special K cereal bar. There is also a small snack for purchase area with chips, sodas etc. as well as vending machines.

The rooms were very clean, spacious and comfortable. The rooms come with refrigirators, hair dryers, wired and wireless internet (included) and the standard toiletries. The showers were nice and the bathrooms were very clean.

There was little noise from the adjoining rooms, and the windows opened about 4 inches to enjoy the sights and sounds of the ball games going on right out the window.

The Bricktown area is fabulous! Several restauraunts to choose from including Toby Keiths " I Love This Bar" , Hooters, Coyote Ugly, Sonic along with some local favorites the Crab House, Coaches, Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse and MANY MANY more all within walking distance.

I really have nothing to say bad about this hotel or the area other than it really makes the rest of OKC look run down and dirty. The management was out in the morning at breakfast chatting with guests, and in the lobby in the evening welcoming them back from their day and making recommendations for your dining and nightlife entertainment. There is a little convienience store just around the corner to get sodas, beer, snacks, water, etc. but with all the great dining around, it much may not be needed!

There is an indoor pool with a waterplay area for the kids and a hot tub for the adults along with a workout facility. The business center has computers and printers for use (helpful for printing out your return boarding pass!)

I would definately recommend this hotel and would come back in a heartbeat! I was there for business, but would return with the family. Taxi Ride from the Airport to the hotel was approximately $26 each way. If you rent a car, parking is $8 per day at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dear DisneyMommyWi,

On behalf of the staff pf the Hampton Inn and Suites Oklahoma City/Bricktown, I would like to thank you for the review you wrote here at Trip Advisor. I will certainly share your feedback to all our staff to further encourage and enforce what we strive to achieve --- a delightful and memorable experience for all our guests.

We appreciate that you chose our hotel for your company's meeting and hopefully next time you can visit us here on pleasure.

Please do not hesitate to contact or email me at ryan.slater@hilton.com if we can be of assistance to you on your next visit to Oklahoma City.

Hampton Inn and Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown
Beaver Bank
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We were 4 adults travelling Route 66 and then some. This hotel was very clean and comfortable and located in the Bricktown area of the city with lots of night life surrounding it. The continental breakfast was varied and well supplied also with hot items. As with most of this chain I find the rooms have a very nice decor and well equipped but rather small, but not so that it would turn me away. I would recommend this hotel for it`s location and quality.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ametsound
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights. Great location and really nice hotel. Only downfalls: There is a train every night (3-4am) and the operator lays on the horn for about 20-30 min. We were on the top floor and the sound was so annoying. Only other downfall, parking costs $8 per day. Other than that, everything was great! Can't wait to come back!! BTW, our 7 month old LOVES the kiddie pool! We took him in there each evening. :)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business