“This place is fantastic 100% 5 STAR all the way!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown
Ranked #6 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Stillwater, Oklahoma
“This place is fantastic 100% 5 STAR all the way!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I took my bride of 26 years to this hotel in order take to celebrate her birthday . This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in without a doubt. We only had one issue and it was taken care of immediately.
We liked this hotel so much we decieded to book Valentines weekend because that is very near our 37th wedding anniversary even before we left.
I made the mistake of staying at another hotel in OKC on Valentines day 2009 and am so glad to find the wonderful place. It has a really really cool pool for the kids and a large hot tub and it is secure behind a door that you have to have your room key to get in. Plus there are lots of clean towels in the pool area. There is also a well equipped excerise room with TVs.
The staff was wonderful and helped us with Bricktown brochures and gave up the heads up on things to do
The only thing I could say needed improvement would be the breakfast. It was just OK.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank myhappyfarm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Gretna, Nebraska
Reviewed October 25, 2009

My spouse and I booked this hotel for an overnight stay on a road trip from Nebraska to Texas. For starters, it was fairly convenient off all major highways through downtown Oklahoma City. I'm sorry that we could not spend much time in Bricktown, but the hotel was great.

The hotel is very new, and it shows. The front drive was very well-kept, and parking was conveniently located in an adjacent parking structure (they charge $8/night, but it is a safe and secure place). The lobby was spacious and inviting, and the pool area could very easily be considered "resort-style (more for families with children rather than singles). We were upgraded to a studio suite, which was plenty large. Our suite faced Sheridan street, so we could hear some of the Friday night noise, but it wasn't distracting or annoying. The soft goods in the hotel and room were very modern and clean. The front desk staff were also very friendly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oscarrific
Orlando Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Booked this hotel several months ago, in preparation of attending the U2 Concert that was playing in Norman. I prepaid the room with no refund allowed if I had to cancel. The rate was $92.00 a night. The room was nice and clean. I chose Bricktown over Norman where the OU stadium was at because I was under the impression Bricktown had lots of shops and restuarants. Restuarants and Bars..........YES...........Shopping NO!! That was a disapointment and honestly not much was going on in the evening. Lord, We flew all wth way from Florida and no one in Oklahoma seemed to know that U2 were in town. No parties or anything happening. Anyway.......hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. We parked on the streets during the weekend to avoid the $8.00 a day parking. There is also lots near the hotel that only charge $5.00. They had a pool, but it was full of kids till about 10pm everynight and had a strong chlorine smell. They also have cereal, yogurt, egg and sausage patties with biscuits to eat. It was okay the first day and then I was looking for something else. Plenty of people ate downstairs every morning. They also had a business center that had two computers so we were able to check our emails. We wer able to check in early also which after a 5am flight was wonderful......Overall this was a nice clean comfortable hotel with a accomodating staff. Oklahoma City does not really have much to offer, but this is a great place to stay if you need to go there. There is a lot of places to eat nearby, a movie theater and a drugstore right next to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Date of stay – 26 August to 1 September 2009
We stayed a week in this lovely Hampton in the heart of Bricktown tourist district. The hotel was opened in February 2009 and is Bricktown’s newest. It is unusual –bigger than most Hamptons, and with a more corporate feel, but its also perfect for longer-stay families and overseas tourists. Kids love the large indoor pool. The fitness center is excellent and has free weights and a good range of equipment. The breakfast area is more corporate and elegant than the usual comfy Hampton style and the food was good. The hotel web site was still being developed and didn’t have pics of all the accommodation types when we booked. We booked a king studio suite with large work area, described as having a sofa, bar area with microwave and sink, and a vanity unit outside the bathroom. Our assigned room had a huge L shape desk and sofa, but no bar area or external vanity, which we needed for a week’s stay. No problem – we were moved to another room the next day and it was lovely. There is so much to see in Oklahoma City and Bricktown is a great tourist area – all it needs is a grocery store in walking distance. We highly recommend this Hampton. Our favourite restaurants were Zios and Bricktown Brewery.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank MelbourneWriter
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This is a great hotel located on the edge of Bricktown. The rooms are very spacious. The parking garage costs $8 dollars and you need to check into the hotel before you park (you use your room key to access the parking garage).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Speakerphone
New York City
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Yet the Hampton Inn Bricktown was a friendly and inviting accomodation. Yes, it was standard Hampton, but it did have a large indoor pool and a somewhat larger than usual exercise space with working TVs. Some rooms may have baseball stadium views.

Located in Bricktown, the only outpost of human activity in downtown Oklahoma City, OK, the hotel is near the minor league baseball stadium, three blocks from the Amtrak station and about 5 blocks from the Convention Center. There are several restaurants and bars between the hotel and downtown but don't expect any real nightlife during the week.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank NYPoliticalAddict
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Hampton Inn is usually a winner in my book for staff, amenities, cleanliness and comfort. This one is located in a fun & exciting area of OKC and the price reflects that. However, do not stay on the top floor, in particular room 913. I am a deep sleeper but was awakened at 2am by a loud buzz. I called down to the front desk and was told it was a rooftop generator and the noise would only last 10 minutes. After 15 minutes of buzzing, I called the front desk again and upon request, we were relocated to the 2nd floor and a new room key was delivered to us. At that point, I'm glad the staff was quick to respond to my request, but it was unpleasant to be awakened by such a disturbing noise and inconvenient to get up in the middle of the night, gather our bags and move ourselves into another room. The next day the room charge was comped after I brought it up with management during check-out. I hope in the future that that room is not given to other guests or if/when it is, it is deeply discounted and guests forewarned about the noise issue. Also I am not sure if that noise affects only room 913 or the entire 9th floor but I'd recommend staying on the lower floors just to be safe. In summary, I would recommend this hotel for its staff and location but with that one major caveat regarding the generator noise.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple