“No Complaints here - very clean, great location!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Oklahoma City / Bricktown
Ranked #6 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Texas
“No Complaints here - very clean, great location!”
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Our child had 2 days of medical appointments at nearby OU Health Sciences, so we wanted to stay somewhere nice and make a fun trip out of it - so it wouldn't seem so bad for the child dealing with the appointments. We were not disappointed. It is very, very clean and smelled good. (I hate the smells that attack my nostrils when stepping into most hotels / motels, whether it be from overwhelming cleansers, lack of proper cleaning, etc..) The bedding was very comfortable - soft billowy comforters, lots of pillows, quality linens. Plenty of large towels. Pleasant decor. Nice large flat-screen TV. Enjoyed the free high-speed internet connection in our room. We slept great - we didn't hear any noises (except the tornado alarm), the light-blocking curtains helped my kids sleep in (definitely a plus!). The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good - it was comparible with ones we've had at Holiday Inn Express's & Amerisuites. The pool was awesome - a huge hit with the kids!! It too was clean and had fun features just for kids. The whirlpool was also very nice. They must have changed the parking situation since the last reviewer - we didn't have to pay at all to park in the adjacent parking garage - there is an entrance lane just for hotel guests that you swipe your room key (card) in to enter. The Bricktown area is really neat - enjoyable to walk down the quaint streets. You can get a 25-cent trolley ride around the area - another hit with the kids. I'm sure my children will remember this as a fun family trip to Oklahoma City and forget about all the boring dr. appointments we fit in between the fun stuff. We'd love to stay here again if we're in OKC.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AFhomebody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 7, 2009

I was hesitant to pick this hotel because of the lack of photos of the rooms since this hotel is still pretty new, but the room turned out to be far better than I thought for the low price I got the room for on the Hampton website. I've uploaded pictures to share for anyone else with that concern.

Pros:
1. Big spacious room
2. Great location. The wife and I walked everywhere downtown with no problems at all. It's close the theater, clubs, and a lot of restaurants.
3. Elevators are really fast.
4. It was very quiet.
5. Breakfast was nice and filling.
6. Check-in and out process is fast and easy
7. Very friendly staff

Cons:
I got double charged for my room. I would lower the rating because of that but they took care of it within a day and the charge never made it past pending. A couple of emails was all it took to get it taken care of.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AyanaMap
Kansas
Reviewed May 3, 2009

If you are looking for a very nice hotel in Bricktown you need to consider the Hampton Inn. We stayed in one of their king suite rooms and it was great...big room, very comfortable bed, several at-home amenities. The service by the hotel staff was superb! Location of the Hampton Inn provides very good access to Bricktown. The comp breakfast was very good and well attended by other hotel patrons. I've never had to pay for parking at a hotel but I was glad our car was in an indoor parking garage when the thunderstorms rolled through OKC the next morning. Having to pay for parking was probably the only thing I didn't care for but everything else was well worth it. Thanks Hampton Inn for a great weekend stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ksuwildcat75
Lumberton
Reviewed May 2, 2009

The Hampton is a very new hotel and is right in the heart of Bricktown which has all of the resturants, bars and a baseball park. The hotel is excellant. Comp breakfast is included which is excellant. This is a terrific hotel in a terrific locations. I would not stay anywhere else near Bricktown.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gonefishing85
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Bricktown for a night away and had an absolute blast! The warm and welcoming staff exceeded my expectations in all areas, especially friendliness. The room was massive and had a spectacular view of the AT&T Bricktown Ballpark. Our son absolutely had a blast in the indoor pool perfectly suited for children and I enjoyed kicking back in the large whirlpool that was just the perfect temperature. Located in the heart of Bricktown, OKC's entertainment district, we had plenty to see and do. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone ... can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank WifeMomTraveler
amarillo, tx
Reviewed April 10, 2009

We booked a king size suite for Easter weekend, and was worth every penny. I don't even know where to begin. The hotel is located in the heart of Bricktown, the staff is extremely friendly, and the room was exceptionally nice. There is a really nice indoor pool and hottub, complete with a small water-slide, basketball hoop, and other kid-friendly features (fun for adults too!). The water was a bit chilly, but I have to consider the hotel's perspective. The colder the water, the less chlorine needed in the water. You won't leave the pool smelling like chlorine, and you get used to the water quickly. The elevators are quick, and readily available. The parking garage is attached to the hotel, and charges a minimal $8/day, which is fully worth it. After all, it's downtown, and parking is scarce. You can either pay the parking meter, or pay the $8 a day for the garage. I highly recommend this hotel for any of your OKC stays. I will certainly stay here again, and look forward to my next visit. I honestly couldn't find anything negative about my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family