“Good clean stay, friendly people”

SpringHill Suites Oklahoma City Airport West
Ranked #47 of 154 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This should be your first choice if you need to spend a night in OKC or even you're staying longer. It's a new facility, very clean, and very reasonably priced. Most importantly, the staff and management are extremely helpful and friendly. You have easy access to everything as the hotel is right of the interstate. You can be in the downtown entertainment district in five minutes. I highly recommend. You should also check out an OKCFC soccer match when you're in town. Management might be able to hook you up with some great sideline seats.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Not as new-feeling as I thought after reading reviews but it works. Check-in clerk was flat and impersonal. Room was ok but the loud heat/ac unit and too soft bed made for a poor nights sleep. The shower control fell off when I turned it on. Near lots of restaurants and Walmart made it convenient for our needs. Breakfast was ok. Elevator is slow.

Room Tip: Second floor so you don't need elevator but still have quiet
1  Thank AKTennisNut
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, very clean, very friendly staff, always feels like home. Easy access to everything. Right off the interstate, yet no road noise. Dinner and wine on Monday evening is also a nice unexpected touch.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night as a ministacation. The hotel is really new and the rooms are spacious. We were very impressed with the entire hotel. The staff was pretty friendly and welcoming. One complaint was the breakfast was really not that good. The sausage and eggs were soggy. This hotel would not shuttle us to the Bricktown area since it was over 5 miles away. We were told this as a couple employees were watching tv in the breakfast area(hotel was not busy).. Many of the other hotels in the area provide this service. I strongly suggest that management look at this service especially when the hotel is not busy. Overall, we will be back. This would be a great place to hang out with entire family and enjoy the pool.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Newer property in a great location. Fast efficient check in and a nice large room.
Nice large rectangular shower, but the pan is sloped wrong, cause the water to go to the end opposite the drain, and then leak over the edge onto the floor. That will be a big problem long term.
My biggest issue was trying to get work done with internet service going up and down. I need a good connection for my company VPN, and it kept disconnecting me, caused by the inter net dropping.
I did get a call from their tech after reporting it., and he confirmed there was an issue. Not much help for me trying to work.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Being a Platinum Elite Member I only stay at Marriott properties because I know they are usually consistent for good sevice, and cleanliness. I just spent 12 nights here on business and the hotel was very clean, and up to date. It is located just off I-40 with plenty of restaurants nearby, and a Walmart just down the street, but don't go to the Walmart after dark. They offer the usual Springhill breakfast, but also have evening food which most don't offer. I had a few problems which were not really resolved during my stay. One morning, I never got a wake-up call, and ended up being late for a meeting (not good). I asked for the General Manager to call me but it never happened. I asked over a few day period for the General Manager, and never was contacted. One night, A girls basketball team checked in late, and they put them all around me. I had early morning meetings, and they kept me awake slamming doors and running up and down the halls, and the walls were paper thin. I made three calls that night down to the front desk, but nothing was ever done. Around midnight they finally got quiet. At 5 am that morning, my phone rang, but nobody was there. My wake-up call was scheduled for 6am. Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep. Once again I requested to speak with the General Manager, and once again the General Manager never responded. I ended up contacting Marriott Customer Service that night with a long e-mail, and the next morning Marriott sent me a reply saying they would take care of it. I did have a voicemail that evening when I got in from work from, I guess the GM, but who knows. They gave me some bonus points, but not as many as I would have expected for the hassle. Overall the hotel was good, but the management was pretty much non-existent. Would I stay there again. I really don't know. Would I recommend this hotel? With a new GM I wouldn't hesitate. That is the only reason I didn't give this place a 5 star rating. Every Marriott property I stay at, I always see the General Manager out and about visiting with the guests. This was the first where I could never find a GM. This is certainly not the Marriott way, and I'm sure if this was a corporate property, there would be a big change.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bill925
Reviewed February 9, 2013

While traveling across the country, we stayed here with our dog. The hotel is in a great location, right off Interstate 40 and located across the street from many restaurants and stores. We arrived late afternoon. The individual who checked us in was not very friendly. He seemed more concerned with the person who he was talking to on the phone rather than the people standing right in front of us. At check-in, we did not get the rules and regulations for dogs, which we got asked to not have our dog in the lobby. I had no clue he was not allowed in the common areas. The employee that asked us to leave said we should've gotten the rules at check-in, which we did not. It was a little embarrassing because I really appreciate hotels that accept dogs and would not want to do anything to bend or disrespect a hotel policy.

We booked a King Suite, which was more expensive, but didn't seem much better than a regular hotel room. It was a handicap room, which wasn't a big deal, but would not be preferred. The room was standard. The decor was of a typical Marriott, which is really nice and the room was extremely clean.

I typically pay a little more and book Marriott because I believe they're consistently the best hotel chain in the world. Unfortunately, this location was disappointing, which is rare for Marriott.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family