“Mostly bars & restaurants but the water taxi is fun”
Review of Bricktown

Bricktown
Ranked #16 of 148 things to do in Oklahoma City
More attraction details
Owner description: The former site of Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show is today the location of a massive tourist redevelopment plan.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

There didn't seem to be much shopping here, but that's something it sounds like the town is hoping to remedy. There's a big movie theater and several restaurants, so you could easily spend a fair amount of time here and the area has a very energetic vibe to it. I haven't been to San Antonio, so I can't comment on the comparison, but I thought this was a nice area. The statues of the land rush are very cool and worth the walk along the canal to see up close. We took the water taxi ride, which is about half an hour, so maybe kind of pricy for $9. The ticket IS good for the whole day, so it would be fun to take it in the day (like we did) and then again at night with the area all lit up. The taxi driver/tour guide, Nick, was very fun and personable. We didn't eat here, but there was a Starbucks which was nice since it was pretty windy/chilly in November!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,137)
All reviews
in 34 reviews
"walk around"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed November 6, 2013

You can park your car in this neighborhood and walk to everything. There are hotels, restaurants and bars everywhere. We stayed at a hotel in Bricktown and we loved being able to walk to everything. This is the only place to stay if you visit Oklahoma City! Has a historical feel mixed with modern art!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

In easy walking distance of the CBD, Bricktown has some great bars, some with hundreds of different beers. I avoided visiting the Banjo Museum there, but there is a movie complex if you need a change from the bars.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I loved going to see moves at Harkins Theater in Bricktown until Nov 2, 2013, when I returned to my car and found my right side passenger windows busted out and my windshield cracked. It never occurred to me that my car would not be safe parked at Harkins while I attended a 12:45 matinee in broad daylight on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure I will want to ever go back.

2  Thank Lee G