“Dead in the morning” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bricktown

Bricktown
More attraction details
Owner description: The former site of Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show is today the location of a massive tourist redevelopment plan.
Chicago, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Dead in the morning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Where do you go to eat breakfast on a Saturday morning? The Starbucks in this area weren't even open... And I'm talking about 9am, not 6am. Good grief...

1 Thank kbl312

Orange, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lots of fun and only getting better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I go to Bricktown every time I'm in OKC because it's always growing and changing. I must say I'm excited to see what's taking place there. I've been coming to OKC for decades and I remember when it was just an old warehouse district with winos. Just goes to show that some civic leaders actually can spend public money wisely which is rare these days.
One thing I hadn't seen before was the Land Run Centennial statues at the southern end of the canal. Really something to see. Also while I was there I noticed the Boathouse District. Couldn't get there from the Bricktown canal yet, but it looks like they will soon have a connection where you can take a boat cruise on from the statues out to the Boathouse District and the Oklahoma River. That will really add something exciting to this whole place, especially with the uniqueness of the Boathouse architecture. Then I heard you will soon be able to take a zip line ride across the river and back again. Cool!
By the way if there's anything missing, I'd say Bricktown needs to stay open later (the clubs are still open, but a lot of the restaurants are closed after 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. Also try adding some unique shops, especially locally flavored shops. My wife loves to shop so of course we ended up at Bass Pros even though she hates hunting and fishing (she's OK with camping). She had a blast in that place and so did our teenage sons.
I see a lot of people comparing Bricktown with the San Antonio Riverwalk on this blog. San Antonio's is bigger and better, but Bricktown is different and unique and the way OKC has brought this about so quickly and with so much expertise, I expect Bricktown will be one of the premier urban destinations in this country if not the world. Tweak a few things here and there and keep adding to it and you will truly have yourselves a world class downtown OKC.

2 Thank Terz0
Emsworth, United Kingdom
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Great space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is the conversion of a former industrial area, using the original buildings, and has been very well done. Plenty of eateries, bars, clubs around, mostly based on or around the canal, where you can take boat rides or just chill. Very relaxed and safe atmosphere.

2 Thank balticbash
Bristol, United Kingdom
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Great use of old buildings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

On a sizzling hot day it was great to wander through these upgraded buildings. Super way to use such solid constructions and ensure they have a valuable life.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank JudyG53
Pell City, Alabama
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Two Days in OKC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Bricktown was designed for entertaining both in terms of sports and food. I found the area lacking in entertainment however there were many different food venues. I traveled there during early September during the weekday and maybe at that time of year many visitors come on the weekend. Not to be compared with the Riverwalk in San Antonio but it is in its infancy and with additional planning and additional infrastructure I see the potential for a destination for visitors to the city.

2 Thank go4her