“Chicken Mole”

1492 New World Latin Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
1492 New World Latin Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #396 of 1,765 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The chicken mole is fantastic. My wife ordered it with the coconut rice which seemed to make more sense than getting the Mexican rice it comes with. I had a combo platter which was basically tex mex but with better seasoning. The meat in my taco was cold. They quickly replaced it with steaming beef which was tasty. But the incident made me think about how they cook, prep, and store food for service which scares me. If the beef is this hot in the kitchen then how long did my dish sit around for to become cold, or was it not heated properly before it came out so it might not be stored properly, or did they just microwave some taco filling and that’s why it came out so fast?

I was disappointed with the fried plantains. They were nice and sweet but normally I expect fried plantains to be crispy. You have to fry them twice, once at a low eat to cook them then again at a high heat to crisp them. Their version is just a soggy mess, no texture, no complexity.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

The best tortilla soup I have had anywhere. It is hearty and savory. My husband had the sick confit which was surprisingly great. A very good mole sauce! The white quest is memorable!

Reviewed April 22, 2018

We found this place completely by accident! It's only a few miles from home and we needed a place for a late lunch/ early dinner. This place is amazing! Wonderful atmosphere and décor! The service was excellent and the food was awesome!

Review collected in partnership with HP Windows 10
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

We were told that the shrimp tamale was amazing! It made us curious because I have never had a shrimp tamale. Well today was the day that we was near and decided to stop in. Beautiful decor chips and salsa are amazing wish I would of tried the gold queso instead of the white it was just too plain. Well get the menu and look for the shrimp tamale which only 1 thing on the menu for a shrimp tamale and it was called a deconstructed shrimp tamale the price was $18.99!!!! Wow really this better be amazing so I order it and it was very bland had the masa of a tamale and on top of it was sautéed zucchini and squash with some melted cheese on top the rice was also very bland. And yes that’s right that was all that was on the plate for 18.99. And 6$ for the queso. I don’t think I’ll be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I've been eating here now for several years, and have never been disappointed. Consistently good food with good service. We especially like their Sunday brunch. I like their Latin twist on traditional Mexican food. Portions are generous and they seem to have adequate space to allow for their eating guests.

Management response:Responded July 7, 2017

Thank you, Bob, for the positive feedback! We are so glad that you enjoy our menu items as well as our service. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon.