“Not family friendly” 1 of 5 bubbles

Twin Fountains RV Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Not family friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

When we arrived we were impressed with the facilities. There was a lot of road noise from the highway, but they have a wonderful game room/lounge area. However, this area is open to the office and any time my children or I made any noise at all we were harshly reprimanded, even yelled at, by an older couple working the office. My kids were well behaved and not very loud at all, nor were they unattended. We were shocked at the staff's reaction. It was a very cold day when we were here and we had planned on spending a bit of time in the game room with the kids, but we were so uncomfortable being there that we ended up leaving. They are clearly not family friendly here and we will not be back. Think twice if you are coming here with children.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Joan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here for a week in a motorhome. It is a very clean park. We did not use the showers or laundry, so I cannot say anything about those areas, although I bet they are as clean as the rest of the park. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We do not pull a vehicle behind us, so it was nice that they offer a short distance shuttle service. A very pleasant experience. We like to walk our dog, and they even have side-walks all around the park. They have a club house/office with some pool tables. I could not stay inside the office long due to the fire they keep going in the fireplace. I know, I know, most people love a fire, and I do too, but I cannot stand the smell of smoke so I stay away when I smell the smoke. I lived next door to someone who had to build a fire in their backyard almost every night and the smoke kept coming into my house, and in the summer of 2012 we were close to a wild fire so between the ex-neighbor and the wild fire, I have had enough wood smoke to last me the rest of my life. That's the good thing about an RV...you can roll on down the road!! :)

Room Tip: If you can stay toward the middle of the park, I think you might be better off than up along the per...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jutza98
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at Twin Fountains for two weeks and had a great experience. The price was reasonable, the grounds were very clean and quiet. I felt very safe here and will be back again next year. And don't miss the Oklahoma State Fair, it was great!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CPTJ2012
Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We camped here in a fifth wheel. It is a large park and set up nice. It is not even five minutes from the horse races and there is mini-golf and a pool at the park for the kids. We have had our fair share of camp grounds and this one is very nice and set up well.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Nicole W
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had originally planned to camp near Coloraldo Springs, Colo. but due to the terrible fires there we had to change our plans on short notice. We have two little girls ages 9 & 7. This makes three females and myself so sewer hook-up was greatly appreciatd. Yes, this place is not Ike camping in the great outdoors but we choose the location because of the close location to thing to do as a fmaily. We went to the zoo (5 min away) one day then camp back to swim in a great pool that is just the right size for children and adults to enjoy. The park was extremely clean and well maintained. The park is not flat so it can be a challenge for kids riding their bikes. We stayed at the park knowing there was going to be some road noise because we read up on reviews before making a reservation. The staff was very friendly to us. Overall we would stay at this park again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Steve P
Pitkin, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is one of the prettier parks we've stayed at...I do have a few things I didn't like though....we had a crowded lil space for our trailer and the pool water was extremly cloudy, I did not get in. To end on a good note, I will say that in all things we are to trust God so I ended up feeling blessed to be in the crowded space because the other Rv's blocked the wind, and the pool had been very busy and that would explain the cloudy water. Over all, it is the best park around for miles and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Betty H
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stopped here on our way through Oklahoma after picking up a lovely glossy leaflet at a Tourist Information office. It shows a lovely wooded scene and a tranquil setting....this is far from the reality of this park. It is right in the middle of the motorway so road noise is constant 24-7. Sites are not level enough and we were put in a site right next the the showers which was handy but also right adjacent to the car park. We paid far too much as we were really just a part of the usual car park!
I can't even say to stay for an overnight as it is just too noisy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple