I had a reservation to stay in this hotel in the middle of May- I was driving across country with my old college friend. We arrived at about 11pm at night, exhausted, MORE than ready to check in to our one bedroom suite, only to have the front desk attendant say "I have good news and bad news" "The bad news is the person in the room we had for your reservation didn't vacate. So, we don't have ANY rooms for you tonight. The good news is we're going to send you around the corner to another hotel with our compliments".
As you can imagine, we were happy to have a complimentary room- and the other hotel was fine. It was perfectly lovely and a fair swap. What I did NOT appreciate was that the front desk attendant prefaced his comments with, "oh, our manager tried to call you a couple of times- did you get the message?" Here's why that was super annoying-- the ONLY number they had for us was my cell- and NO ONE called us from the hotel. I got plenty of calls that day, and my cell has "missed calls" and "received calls" listed as well as functioning voice mail. They did NOT call us. Why lie? (not blaming this particular gentleman of lying- perhaps his manager told him he was going to call us...) but the fact is no one did. An in an era of cell phones/caller id/ voicemail etc- this is something you should really mean as true if you're going to say it.
We were tired, exhausted and really looking forward to this hotel (as we love Homewoods in general). The fact that they didn't have a room was disappointing, but what motivated me to write this review was the insistance (twice...) that they had called us. Even so- who cares? It's as though you're trying to say it's our fault we didn't get the message. But guess what- no one called!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our pet policy includes dogs up to 35 pounds with a $100 non-refundable pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Oklahoma City-West Hotel Oklahoma City
- Homewood Suites Oklahoma City