“When we arrived, we had no room!! very disappointed”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West
Ranked #13 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
New York City, New York
“When we arrived, we had no room!! very disappointed”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I had a reservation to stay in this hotel in the middle of May- I was driving across country with my old college friend. We arrived at about 11pm at night, exhausted, MORE than ready to check in to our one bedroom suite, only to have the front desk attendant say "I have good news and bad news" "The bad news is the person in the room we had for your reservation didn't vacate. So, we don't have ANY rooms for you tonight. The good news is we're going to send you around the corner to another hotel with our compliments".

As you can imagine, we were happy to have a complimentary room- and the other hotel was fine. It was perfectly lovely and a fair swap. What I did NOT appreciate was that the front desk attendant prefaced his comments with, "oh, our manager tried to call you a couple of times- did you get the message?" Here's why that was super annoying-- the ONLY number they had for us was my cell- and NO ONE called us from the hotel. I got plenty of calls that day, and my cell has "missed calls" and "received calls" listed as well as functioning voice mail. They did NOT call us. Why lie? (not blaming this particular gentleman of lying- perhaps his manager told him he was going to call us...) but the fact is no one did. An in an era of cell phones/caller id/ voicemail etc- this is something you should really mean as true if you're going to say it.

We were tired, exhausted and really looking forward to this hotel (as we love Homewoods in general). The fact that they didn't have a room was disappointing, but what motivated me to write this review was the insistance (twice...) that they had called us. Even so- who cares? It's as though you're trying to say it's our fault we didn't get the message. But guess what- no one called!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Freckles92
OKCHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Because vacations are very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I guess my title says it all. Friends and I booked the two-bedroom suite for a bachelorette party. The room was perfect, the front desk staff was friendly and professional. Unfortunately, while doing my police report, I learned that there are no security cameras aimed at the parking areas. I parked on the second row directly out from the dining area. The dining area leads into the lobby, so I didn't park in a secluded part of the lot - just as near to the front entrance as I could get. A second vehicle was also burglarized during the same morning (not a member of my party). I realize that I'm responsible for the belongings in my car, but I'm not sure I would feel safe staying here again just because the parking lot doesn't seem to be very secure and I don't normally travel with as large a group as I did this weekend. I would hate to be in the parking lot alone. The parking areas are not visible from the front desk, so I can only imagine if this was an attacker instead of someone looking for electronics. The front desk did call the room at 8:00 am to notify me of the incident, and they had already called the police, which was kind of them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank tlb824
OKCHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West, responded to this review, May 26, 2010
We are sorry this awful situation occurred on our property since the safety of our guests is a top priority. Due to recent incidents occurring within the metro area, we are implementing increased security measures to continue to offer the best experience and peace of mind at Homewood Suites.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My travels frequently bring me to Oklahoma City for training. I love staying at this hotel, however I've noticed it is harder and harder to get in lately. They seem to sell-out often. The beds are the most comfortable and I always get a great night's sleep. Housekeeping staff is great. I'm amazed at the front desk and kitchen staff at how they always remember my name, even if I haven't stayed in several months. Everyone is so warm and friendly and makes the stay feel like I'm at home. I love the dinners and free beer and wine! My only complaint is that the trash service comes very early, and it is loud!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Staying here for several days (stuck because everyone else is sold out) and really would love to switch hotels. Try to stay in Bricktown if possible. Anyway, room is okay...don't expect housekeeping services. They repeately skip my room and manager won't return my complaint calls. They did service my room today, but didn't make my bed and literally threw towels, shampoo, conditioner, coffee and trash bags on the counter. Oh and the toilet paper too. They didn't put anything away or clean anything. One thing they did do was empty the trash. Woopdey doo. Anyway, the breakfast is great and comp dinner is horrible. Stale food and sorry excuse for a salad. Beverages are coffee, tea, horrible lemonade and beer/wine. I just prefer the water. Lol
Anyway, I'm not happy here and wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I'm surprised it's number two. Cheers!

• Stayed March 2010
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I already wrote this review once, but it has disappeared from the list. The Homewood in OKC is so superb that it deserves my review, so here goes again. Clean spacious comfortable rooms. Ready when we were even though we got there early. Very friendly staff, they even called after we settled in to make sure everything was up to our expectations. Nice breakfast the next day, and good staff there also. Everyone we talked to agreed that it was a wonderful hotel and we all agreed that we would be back when in OKC. The hotel manager even e-mailed me personally a week or so later to make sure that I didn't have any complaints ( I didn'y), and to invite me back when we are in OKC. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ponyman1
Oklahoma City
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I live in Oklahoma City, but a friend and I stayed here when she was in town for a conference. What a wonderful choice! Very nice and clean. Just lovely accomodations. Had a king size bed and sitting area, along w/ a fully equiped kitchen area. The morning buffet was very nice also. Lots of places nearby to eat with a variety of price ranges, as well as shopping. The parking was close and we felt safe. The staff was wonderful also--very friendly and accomodating. I left something, and called a few days later, and they were able to give it back to me. I highly recommened this lovely hotel.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank travrept
denver
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Stranded during the Christmas blizzard--staff went above and beyond! Clean and pleasant hotel with excellent staff and services. This hotel can't be beat in OKC. Will definitely return if in the area. Hotel is nice and quiet for business travelers.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple