“omewood Suites 1st Class Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West
Ranked #8 of 148 Hotels in Oklahoma City
“omewood Suites 1st Class Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I generally stay at the Embassy Suites, but this trip we opted to stay at Homewood Suites. We were both very appreciative of the family friendly atmosphere ant the professionalism and service oriented helpfulness of each and every staff person which we interacted.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Edwardsville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We were traveling to Santa Fe and needed a place to stay on the west side of the city, this was a great location right off 44 and next to several restaurants. This hotel is very nice, staff very friendly and rooms are very clean and comfortable, tip don't get a room facing the road it is very noisy at night. I am very picky and this was a very nice Homewood Suites and I would recommend it.

Bloomington, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have made a reservation for a NONSMOKING 2-Queen 1 bedroom in early March for a 3-night stay in late July when my kids will be in Oklahoma City for the national swim meet. Because of team activities, we didn't check in the hotel until 8 o'clock in the evening.

When we finally checked in and got to our room, we noticed smoking odor and after settling in a bit, my wife found an ashtray in the dishwasher. I called down the front desk and asked if this was a SMOKING room; they said yes and apologized that they couldn't do anything about it since they'd been sold out for the night.

I told them that this was not acceptable and was extremely disappointed. My whole family is very sensitive to smoke and it was very important to us to have a good and clean place to stay. I have had very good experience with Homewood elsewhere up to now, but not this one. Just so you know, after this stay, we were going to take a week's vacation where we had also made Homewood reservations at two other locations in other states. I truly hope that those places do not follow the practice of this one in Oklahoma City West.

After a few phone calls, the front desk clerk told me that they will try to switch us to a different room tomorrow and will look into some rate adjustment for our trouble. None of this has yet to happen and I am going to see how all of it will play out and will update this post accordingly.

Needless to say, I will be calling ahead to make sure the other two Homewood locations confirm that we will have a NONSMOKING room when we get there. It is a shame that such a reputable hotel name like Hilton would allow its employees to commit this kind of 'mistake'. I am almost sure that it was deliberate, i.e. somebody ignored the warning in the reservation system when they assigned the room contrary to the reservation. Computers, I know, do not make mistakes like this. It is the people at the front desk that deliberately make the call to override the reservation and hope that the unlucky guest will be ok with what they did.

Well, in the world of competitive hospitality, there is little room for errors and they will cost. This also shows that even a good name does not carry consistent quality and service everywhere you go. So treat it with a grain of salt and whenever you can get user reviews, use them to help make your reservation.

So until tomorrow, my rating for this place is 1 out of 5...

I hope Hilton headquarters people also read these posts to keep their business under control.

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm that they do not switch your reservation to something else before your arrival...
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Minnesocold
jbensing, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City-West, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear Minnescold,

I was disappointed to hear about your stay at our Homewood Suites. I can assure you that since my arrival in late July, we have made many changes that have had a positive effect on our guest's experience. We take all feedback, good and bad and utilize it when we do our Customer Service trainings. At your convenience, please call me directly so we may discuss further. Thank you and have a great day!
Winston-Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were driving across the country and arrived in the early morning hours. Staff was very pleasant and efficient, and even offered us late check out without us having to ask, so we could get some sleep. The property was in very good condition and the suite was large and comfortable. We also appreciate that the hotel is pet friendly.

New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Always stayed in Hampton Inns, thought we would try a Homewood Suites & this hotel in Oklahoma is a winner. Good Breakfast, great light dinner, great location even though it is a few miles outside the city center. Very friendly staff, and as usual for a Hilton Hotel very clean. Like the room layout.

Room Tip: I bet there is not a bad room in the hotel. We were on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I love Homewood Suites because of the room (we have 4 kids). We aren't crammed together. This hotel is very clean. The staff is efficient and helpful. It is a well run hotel: everything worked and was clean. Check-in was smooth and quick. Pool/Hot Tub were good. Fitness center was nice. Business center was quiet and nice. We were able to relax and enjoy our stay. We will be back.

dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The staff here is amazing and really cares for the people who stay there. I met a man in the lobby who has been there for 3 months due to a work assignment and he said he has been taken care of like family . I watched the staff welcome him home when he walked in and they also made sure he knew they were serving his favorite dinner item . I would stay here again . The room was beautiful and clean and the housekeeper even left me a sweet thank you note for my tips . The dinner food was not what I would eat when they saw me kinda picking through what they had she asked me what I liked to eat. I told her I would make a salad . She asked me to stay there and she went to the back and within min she had chefs salad made and covered for me to take back to the room .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business