“Great Hotel for the price!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport

Wingate by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #53 of 147 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Hotel for the price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel with extended family. The rooms were clean and well furnished. I can't say the quality was the best, but to say the least the room served it's purpose for us. The continental breakfast was above average with make your own waffles and breakfast sandwiches. The beds were not very comfortable, but I think I'm pretty spoiled at home when it comes to that. Overall we would stay here again considering the price we paid... $35 per night.! The only complaint we had was a bird outside our window that would squak all night... it kind of sounded like a dying pig. However, no one else in our party heard it from their rooms. So, I suppose we were the only special ones.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lawrence, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stopped at this hotel for an overnight on business in OKC.

Good points: comfortable, well-furnished room, very clean. Nice decor. Lots of restaurants nearby. Good air conditioning, which is important in 100 degree heat. I did not use them, but they also have an exercise room and an indoor swimming pool.

Bad points: the internet connection was horrible, poor signal quality and it kept cutting out. The front desk staff, both the morning and evening people, were efficient but also rather surly and unfriendly.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable room that is clean and has lots of good eating options nearby. I would not recommend it if you need to have a good internet connection, and they need to improve the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Cordell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

We are from western Oklahoma and drove to OKC for doctors appt. , stayed the night and our stay was very enjoyable. Everything was clean, had a continental breakfast, and service was great!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

I was willing to give this hotel a break because it's under construction and the fact that Wingate can pay for upgrades speaks volume to its success as a midrange hotel. I love Wingate hotels. I've stayed at several and I am a member of their awards program. That being said, the Wingate in Oklahoma City was horrible. First, it was NCAA weekend so you would think they would have put their best foot forward. Not so. The hallways smelled like musty cigarette smoke. The one bright spot was that the room was clean. The TV didn't work though. I had to ask for four different remote controls. Not once did anyone from the hotel come to my room and check the TV. They didn't even offer to bring a new remote to the room. I had to go to the front desk several times to get a remote control. After the fourth time I just decided to watch movies on my computer. They did offer to knock off money from the room price after the fourth time. A couple of time I had to wait for the front desk clerk to stop looking at his facebook page to assist me. Ridiculous. But the room price was reasonable, the room was clean, the location was excellent. There were at least five restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank rejavanation
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2010

We were treated very poorly by the Asst. Manager on the Saturday before Valentine's Day when we went to check-in. She was extremely rude. I will NEVER stay at this paticular hotel again. I work in customer service and no matter what, you do not yell at a paying customer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, OK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

Stayed for family reunion/wedding. We had a group rate of $79 per night (rack rate is $129) but even that was too much for this poor quality hotel. Our room, a "junior suite", was shabby and in need of a massive redecoration. The "wood" furniture was chipped; the coffee table's legs kept coming out of the top; dining room chair seats were stained and threadbare. The refrigerator didn't work and we had no utensils. The sofa bed was not only uncomfortable to sit on; our 6 yr old granddaughter wasn't able to sleep on the 1" thick mattress. The bathoom door had a huge hole in it as if someone had kicked it in, and there were stain marks on the ceiling along with peeling paint. The only bright spot in the room was that the king sized bed was very new , had nice linens and was comfortable. If this was a junior suite I'd hate to see a plain old room. Continental breakfast was nothing out of the ordinary and the serving line didn't provide easy access. The indoor pool was unheated and the jacuzzi was full of cold, cloudy green water. Yuck! We will never go back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank chocirish
DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

Overall, the Wingate property isn't bad. The room was absolutely fine, though the air conditioner is a little loud as previously mentioned. There was a safe in the room, microwave, and minifridge. My biggest complaint in the room was the slow internet speed, it's literally like dial-up. I KNOW this is just the Wingate's issue, because I moved to a hotel across the street and the internet is about 10 times as fast.

Outside the room, they have a nice pool and hottub. The workout room is fine, has treadmill, weight machine, stationary bike. The included continental breakfast was a little substandard in my experience. They had mini-muffins, instant oatmeal, and yogurt, as well as assorted breads. The bad part was the hot items, some microwave eggs that didn't look very real and some very greasy meats.

The biggest problem I had with the hotel was the billing. I was originally slated to stay for 2 months at this hotel. At some point, the hotel put a number of authorizations on my credit card for the stay WAY BEYOND which was actually owed at any point. This created a major headache for me because the authorizations affect your available credit on the card. This was a business card, not personal, with somewhat limited credit and this affected me booking other travel on this card. To get this fixed, I had to repeatedly contact the Wingate to have them call the credit card company to remove the authorizations. Needless to say, this was a real pain and I don't feel I was treated with very much respect when I voiced this concern. I was repeatedly told that it "was a problem with my credit card", which was incorrect. I think the management and employees here have a real problem communicating between the different shifts.

Overall, this might not be a bad place for a short-term stay if you can handle the slow internet, but I wouldn't recommend it for long-term visits.

• Liked — Room was nice
  • Disliked — Front desk experience and internet
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cnj07