“Best Hotel I've Ever Slept In.”

Wingate by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport
Ranked #52 of 149 Hotels in Oklahoma City
Bakersfield, California
“Best Hotel I've Ever Slept In.”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I had reserved a Jr. King Suite when I got there I was upgraded to a Exec. King Suite.
Room was BIG 2 flat screen TVs. The room also had a sofa, big soft chair, and a table with 4 chairs.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I was placed in this hotel after my reservation at another hotel down the road went terribly wrong. This place was less expensive than my other reservation but I wasn't too impressed. To start off with the girl at the front counter was rude and seemed to not want to be bothered at all for anything. Our room was clean but there was a hole in the wall and the bathroom door didn't close properly and the bathroom light made awful noises. The television was very outdated and didn't work properly. The swimming pool was clean but it was extremely cold in there and they were very skimpy with the towels.
This place is ok if you are just wanting a clean place to sleep that is close to the airport. I personaly will not be going back here again simply because the staff was rude and not helpful at all.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I am staying at this hotel right now, using their internet to write this. I am staying on the 4th floor, room 402 in a "King Suite". The room is VERY large- lots of room for the kids to play. The bathroom is also large with a jacuzzi tub (haven't used it). There's a fridge, microwave and small sink which all seem to work. There are two air conditioners which is nice because we like it cold. That is the end of the positives. The remote didn't work properly. There is a rather large hole in the wall. The lounge area has a tv stand and cable/power hookups but no tv. Where there is a tv the outlet is mounted on the floor in a metal box between the entertainment center and couch where kids would naturally want to explore. The doors slam shut so hard I can hear people coming and going from down the hall. The toilet sounds like the tin man dying when you flush it. After I pulled out the couch bed and made it my son kneeled on the foot of the bed and fell through (not hurt, luckily). I then pulled out the bed on the other couch and it just kind of fell out off of its hinges. They just now brought two rollaways, one of them tied shut with two wal-mart plastic sacks- I'm glad I carry a pocket knife. The pool area is messy with approximately two dozen dirty towels hung everywhere. Long story short, I will not be returning.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve0478
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at this hotel with extended family. The rooms were clean and well furnished. I can't say the quality was the best, but to say the least the room served it's purpose for us. The continental breakfast was above average with make your own waffles and breakfast sandwiches. The beds were not very comfortable, but I think I'm pretty spoiled at home when it comes to that. Overall we would stay here again considering the price we paid... $35 per night.! The only complaint we had was a bird outside our window that would squak all night... it kind of sounded like a dying pig. However, no one else in our party heard it from their rooms. So, I suppose we were the only special ones.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stopped at this hotel for an overnight on business in OKC.

Good points: comfortable, well-furnished room, very clean. Nice decor. Lots of restaurants nearby. Good air conditioning, which is important in 100 degree heat. I did not use them, but they also have an exercise room and an indoor swimming pool.

Bad points: the internet connection was horrible, poor signal quality and it kept cutting out. The front desk staff, both the morning and evening people, were efficient but also rather surly and unfriendly.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a comfortable room that is clean and has lots of good eating options nearby. I would not recommend it if you need to have a good internet connection, and they need to improve the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Cordell
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We are from western Oklahoma and drove to OKC for doctors appt. , stayed the night and our stay was very enjoyable. Everything was clean, had a continental breakfast, and service was great!

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I was willing to give this hotel a break because it's under construction and the fact that Wingate can pay for upgrades speaks volume to its success as a midrange hotel. I love Wingate hotels. I've stayed at several and I am a member of their awards program. That being said, the Wingate in Oklahoma City was horrible. First, it was NCAA weekend so you would think they would have put their best foot forward. Not so. The hallways smelled like musty cigarette smoke. The one bright spot was that the room was clean. The TV didn't work though. I had to ask for four different remote controls. Not once did anyone from the hotel come to my room and check the TV. They didn't even offer to bring a new remote to the room. I had to go to the front desk several times to get a remote control. After the fourth time I just decided to watch movies on my computer. They did offer to knock off money from the room price after the fourth time. A couple of time I had to wait for the front desk clerk to stop looking at his facebook page to assist me. Ridiculous. But the room price was reasonable, the room was clean, the location was excellent. There were at least five restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends